Question: Are excavator enhancers really work?

Deepa2

Dominant
Society
AO
Deepa Crosser
I just tiered my Rock Ripper gold to tier 3, and decided to check if it makes any difference.

Guess what? I tested on 5 claims with different resources and it pulls same amount of stones with 3 or zero enhancers.
I thought I do not see difference with two enhancers, but with 3 difference stay unnoticeable. Sometimes it pulls more stones with no enhancers.

So is it broken, or works as intendent - wasting my peds successfully?

Last edited:
From what I can tell it's a very minimal effect on my excavator. So much so I stopped using them and tier upgrading it and bought an L excavator for quick extraction.

they are works, speed enchancers are increasing amount of resources that might be extracted per one drill

they are works, speed enchancers are increasing amount of resources that might be extracted per one drill

Increases the amount excavated or increases the uses of the tool?

You can see difference if it is 1 gazz claim or 1 lyst claim. Gazz stone gives higher TT pr pull while lyst is smaller. Try pull with and without enhancer on lyst and u will see difference.

But i never use any enhancer on driller. Its useless to be honest.

It looks like the amount excavated is affected from the stats rather than the speed of the tool. It seems odd but makes sense if you extract more resources each action then it takes less time to extract the claim. I've always looked at the cost of the enhancer and its benefit VS other options with their MU. The wave resource mining in some areas (mostly LAs) seems like something is amiss so I've put some of my plans on getting better tools on hold for now and will just roll with what I have.

Although I would think it would increase the reload of the tool but maybe the system wouldn't work well if someone had a tier 10 high efficiency extractor and then loaded it up with speed enhancers. The occasions to use such a tool would be limited as well.

It looks like the amount excavated is affected from the stats rather than the speed of the tool. It seems odd but makes sense if you extract more resources each action then it takes less time to extract the claim. I've always looked at the cost of the enhancer and its benefit VS other options with their MU. The wave resource mining in some areas (mostly LAs) seems like something is amiss so I've put some of my plans on getting better tools on hold for now and will just roll with what I have.

Although I would think it would increase the reload of the tool but maybe the system wouldn't work well if someone had a tier 10 high efficiency extractor and then loaded it up with speed enhancers. The occasions to use such a tool would be limited as well. Where as by the current design the speed enhancers would just increase the amount pulled and leave the reload alone.

I was pretty surprised by this since when you change between excavators, higher "efficiency" means more stones per pull. However, I never bothered to test this just with enhancers because I assumed the in-game stats increasing meant the same. I went and did some formal testing, and it looks like these enhancers are bugged.

I'm on Cyrene right now, so I tested my tier 2 Improved Excavator for alternating claims (no enhancers or 2 enhancers) on Yellow Crystal. That's 18.2 eff. vs 15.2 as the stats are shown in-game. After 125 pulls each, I averaged 79.6 stones per pull with 2 enhancers, and 79.1 stones per pull with none (p =0 .76). That p-value from a t-test confirms that there is no significant difference between the two and that tiny bit of difference is just random variation rather than an actual treatment effect. I thought it might just be an effect that would show through on averages, but no dice. That excavator should have forced an effect since only two other excavators have higher eff.

So in short, the enhancers do not work as advertised at all even though the in-game window actually says efficiency is increased. I'm not one who goes out of the way criticize MA, but this one is extremely misleading. Thanks for Deepa2 bringing this up, because I sure wouldn't have thought to even double check this. I'm glad I didn't spend 6k in MU to go to tier 3 in my excavator, and I'm definitely not doing it in the near future.

Just for reference, an ME/01 has 6.8 eff. and averages around 34.9 stones per pull after about 50 pulls. Between that and the impoved, it looks like for every efficiency an excavator has, it will pull about 5.2 stones per pull. If the in-game window's listed stats with enhancers of 18.2 followed the same trend, my testing should have pulled around 93 stones per pull on average instead of 79.

Last edited:
Doing a friendly bump on this one for folks who haven't read this yet. Haven't tested enhancers yet in the new VU, but be aware they have not been working for some time.

Checked today on my Gold Rock Ripper, still does not works

just checked lyst claims on my imp exc... enhancers add a couple pec/pull on average.

just checked lyst claims on my imp exc... enhancers add a couple pec/pull on average.
What kind of averages were you getting (and how many pulls) compared the results I had above?

79.6 stones per pull with 2 enhancers, and 79.1 stones per pull with none
If it was just a few pec, I'd bet running it through a statistical test should show no significant difference still since that's within the realm of normal variability. If someone is getting closer to to 93 stones per pull on average with an imp. + 2 enhancers, that would mean enhancers are back to working with how the efficiency formula seems to trend with just testing different excavators alone.

Who ever uses enhancers... Just useless idea.
They should change how enhancers on drillers work. perhaps add new types with other functions.

Who ever uses enhancers... Just useless idea.
They should change how enhancers on drillers work. perhaps add new types with other functions.
I mean I like the concept. Faster times for pulling resources and a little reduction in overall costs. If they worked as advertised at least, I’d still be using them.

I love the concept as well. It makes the idea of tiering your extractors attractive and worthwhile.

Back