are pirates abusing the sound bug to crash people in space and loot them?

FallenAngel

Stalker
Society
Free!
Fallen Yours Angel
just asking, is it a "happy accident" that people are suddenly crashing in space just at the time pirates happen to be near to loot them, is it a coincidence that this seems to have started to happen around the time MA introduced the vehicle sound bug, is MA responsible for the losses in space since they know about the issue but have done nothing for weeks when presumably just disabling the responsible sounds on a temporary basis would of been enough to solve these issues, is MA responsible because they take no open action against cheats at any time?

im curious, are you?

EU is the most awesome game if you like playing w/o sound..
Space, feffox instance

FFS MA, it's 2013 by now!!!

EU is the most awesome game if you like playing w/o sound..
Space, feffox instance

FFS MA, it's 2013 by now!!!

and i thought i was doing a good thing by warning of this possible side effect of the bug, its not a bug report, MA knows about the vehicle sound bug, but i guess the moderators here have the interests of participants at heart when they moved this thread into the even less traveled backwater of the bug report forum, thxs for that! :p

I bet they also know about pirates abusing this bug as well.......

ppl use this in pvp aswell to crash ppl so they get 60 seconds of free time decaying ppls armor and quads with flamethrower....

MA please fix!

I noticed Kim's comment on DJ Bonnie's interview; they never mention it but often carry out severe (thus) penalties.

is MA responsible for the losses in space since they know about the issue but have done nothing for weeks when presumably just disabling the responsible sounds on a temporary basis would of been enough to solve these issues?
no, you are responsible for bringing loot into space or choosing to hunt there... if you don't want to be looted, don't travel through space with loot, it's really that simple!... or if you do choose to travel through space with loot, take a warp flight! plenty of MS owners make their services widely available, it's not difficult to find safe travel! :wise:

is MA responsible because they take no open action against cheats at any time?
MA does take actions against cheats, don't you remember the VTOL hunting bans?

if you think someone's cheating, report it...
if it's sufficiently proven to MA that they were cheating, they'll get dealt with!

Should MA be quicker and more diligent when exploits that cost people money like this are happening?...
Yeah, probably! They should treat it the same as when exploits that cost MA money are happening, it seems like they take much quicker action depending on where the cash is coming from!... that sucks! :dunno:

no, you are responsible for bringing loot into space or choosing to hunt there... if you don't want to be looted, don't travel through space with loot, it's really that simple!... or if you do choose to travel through space with loot, take a warp flight! plenty of MS owners make their services widely available, it's not difficult to find safe travel! :wise:

MA does take actions against cheats, don't you remember the VTOL hunting bans?

if you think someone's cheating, report it...
if it's sufficiently proven to MA that they were cheating, they'll get dealt with!

Should MA be quicker and more diligent when exploits that cost people money like this are happening?...
Yeah, probably! They should treat it the same as when exploits that cost MA money are happening, it seems like they take much quicker action depending on where the cash is coming from!... that sucks! :dunno:

the pilot could crash in the case of a MS?
how many people are not aware of the sound bug and its probable cause?
if, as someone suggested, MA was already aware that this bug could cause one to be looted in space a ingame warning message or a message in the clientloader could of been made?
i personally think MA should be more upfront and responsible of the enviroment they are meant to be custodians of, especially when bugs that cost other people real money exist.
they are the ones claiming this is such a secure enviroment?
it is all to easy to pass the blame onto someone who might not be aware of these issues.
anyways, my main point was not to report a bug but to make people that travel through space aware that this could, and i stress could be a issue they should be aware of..

Does the bug affect people who don't have any kind of sound on ?

A) Disable ingame sounds

B) Disable sound card.

C) Ban pirates who abuse it, if they go stale when you confront them about it, bingo!

But all seriousness, imo, this is a minor issue compared to what they need to do. I've yet to get killed by pirates as most of them love wasting peds. but I see friends and socmates alike who can't manage to escape them, if it was at random where you spawned when exiting a planet\asteroid\space station it could fix alot as they could not just circle that 1 spawn point.

Does the bug affect people who don't have any kind of sound on ?

A) Disable ingame sounds

B) Disable sound card.

well "we" are not exactly sure what it is, the discription is based on observations, people crash more in busy areas where ppl spawn lots of vehicles or when a vehicle appears on screen in busy areas, disabling sound in the client loader cuts down the crashes considerably when at a event spawn, when i started hearing more and more that people were crashing in space and being looted (in space everyone is in vehicles) i thought it was a good idea to warn people of this possible additional side effect.
sadly the good people that run this forum dont agree that it is a good idea to warn people that turning of sound could save them from being looted in space...

slightly off-topic perhaps, but...

...people crash more in busy areas where ppl spawn lots of vehicles or when a vehicle appears on screen in busy areas, disabling sound in the client loader cuts down the crashes considerably when at a event spawn...

could this explain all the CTDs I had myself and read about near the uber feffoxes?

that wasn't in PVP, so nothing happened...I think...or was it?

could this explain all the CTDs I had myself and read about near the uber feffoxes?

it probably does, there were some threads about this issue and a announcement by MA that they are working on a fix.
going to a busy event area with sound turned off in the client loader does not completely prevent crashes but reduces them considerably.

I had sound disabled and still was getting random crashes. One possibility I thought of was the constant Land Area pop-up messages and the onscreen announcement to entering the area could also be a problem. I was getting the announcement over and over and over chasing around the Feffox Queen. I made the mistake of clicking the icons and just after closing about 10 of them EU vanished. Had same problem with the bot invasion a short while ago by the TP. Crossing the LA borders so often then clicking the message icons then EU is gone.

I usually get running out of memory crashes with anything due to too many people before the normal crash.

Back