Are there MA players in the game?

There is something stopping them from registering called a work contract most likely :p Or at least how others said that they can play but remain monitored etc, which is fine. Rotten apples probably have happened but considering it likely would be cause of termination of their jobs on the spot (which is not something done lightly in many European countries especially not scandinavian countries, it will need to be severe for that to happen) Chances are likely smaller for it to actually happen.

And i would presume that if any MA employee, decided to just sign up under false pretenses and not notify their employeer, as their contract would have them do, the implications would be to be jobless. as much as EU is a nice game and what not, i dont think a player from MA, would wanna risk a stable job, for some swirls and a ATH that is maybe the same amount as 3 months worth of salaries :p The risk, does not merit the reward in the sligthest.

I know sweden is hell expensive, these days like the rest. So anyone should ask yourself, would you wanna risk possible lawsuits against your employeer, severely damaging your financial life, and your personal life and be jobless, to get a ATH worth a couple of months wages at best? or even if skimming atop, using insider info risking all of that still for a cart full of groceries extra? Theres things one can do, that are illegall, that would actually be worth it. EU employees doing it is not really up there :p
Not all MA staff are in Sweden, or at least weren't, but wherever they are is not really relevant to what this thread is about. As mentioned earlier in this thread, EU account validation is down to one's email address and not IP address. Of course MA staff, especially devs, will agree to a work contract, but they could still register accounts anyway. Sorry, but the arguments you give wouldn't stop them from doing this.

Not all MA staff are in Sweden, or at least weren't, but wherever they are is not really relevant to what this thread is about. As mentioned earlier in this thread, EU account validation is down to one's email address and not IP address. Of course MA staff, especially devs, will agree to a work contract, but they could still register accounts anyway. Sorry, but the arguments you give wouldn't stop them from doing this.

Like i said, no it wont stop them.

But no one ever seems to address the risk vs gain invovled for them breaching work contract, going "rogue" and ignoring playing while monitored.

is it worth getting sacked, possibly face lawsuits (as it counts as insider trading which is a serious offense) ruining their career and sit jobless. all to gain miniscule amounts of money?

The current ATH in hunting that is nr1 is 300k the top line is around 100k. Looking at only those. even the 300k one is not close to a yearly salary in nordic countries for IT related work... and the people continously getting big hits are names we all mostly know, or know someone that knows.

Not to mention, if a player did register on the side, with the intent of skimming money out of the game, it would have to go into their bank account one way or another down the line. thus easily tracked.

And lets be real for a moment if you are gonna skim a few extra hundred dollars irl (after taxes after all and everything one way or another) there are way better ways to do so, that wont require massive "crimiinal networks" of people working together to make it hidden, for such a small profit. There are ways to stay more hidden, and make way more. I mean hell, I never said it but with how things are, 2 plants of a certain kind, yes 2, just 2. 1 and 2. Will produce enough substance to pay you more, than 99% of all the ATH's currently ingame, and that is with getting REALLY poor yield, and getting hyper shitty street prices(again nordics). and hiding 2 plants, hella easy.

So yes its a very valid point, there will be rotten apples, like i said, likely have been. Some people are short sighted enough to think that a months salary, is worth risking their entire livelyhood over... but that is not common, infact i doubt it has happened in MA after they put it contractually that its only allowed to play while monitored.

I sure as hell would not risk my proffesional career for what is essentially a micro bonus lol

Edit: I forgot to mention that if you decided to in nordics have 2 plants and get caught, its not a big enough thing that would get you jailed, selling the stuff in that quantity that 2 plants would yield would possibly be bad but the rammifications are still, far less than what insider trading would be. man legal systems really are fucked huh, then again most insider traders don't aim to earn pocket cash enough for a bigmaccy and large coke but you know P:

Last edited:
Obviously they wouldn't withdraw money out of the game straight away, but would accumulate PEDs over many years before doing so, which is exactly what some of EU's biggest earners did. Alternatively, they also use another tactic of getting relatives, relations, best friends, etc, (not MA staff) of creating accounts and then telling them what they know.

Of course, but the gain is still so incredibly small.

and the people doing accumulative earnings in EU, are largely already well known because its not something someone just does on a whim. And players who start rising in ranks or have their names pop up "out of the blue"get noticed very easily. I've been noticed since i came back again being a mostly "unkown" name and i have 1 uber to my name since returning some weeks ago.."

Why would anyone risk so much, for so little? When there are very known ways in life, to risk way less, to gain way much more?

I remember a lan in Surte not long ago with a live streamed interview where an MA official said that they focus on player retention, new and old players.

Maybe I remember it incorrectly, mnaybe they said they did not want any player retention.

From recent updates, news and changes. What do you think? :)

As a player, forum reader, I get the impression that there is little to no enthusiasm from employees or leadership.

Part of the reason I took a break. Hard to justify the investment of my time when it seems like it isn't being reciprocated. I really don't get it. They're self-evidently in the business to make money. Why do they leave so much on the table?

There a a few top players that are just MA bots here to make us think everything is good.

• Haha
Reactions: jak
There a a few top players that are just MA bots here to make us think everything is good.
images

Back