Are these armors still valid?

Fatman

Provider
Society
Drow
Ive been away for a long time and have now come back to play

I have full sets of Ghost and Vigi armor. Are these still valid? Or is everyone using limited armor now?

Ghost is still pretty standard, vigi is still pretty niche. No new armors have come up that effectively replace these.

They are not necessarily the most economical to use in all situations, but work nonetheless.

I have full sets of Ghost and Vigi armor. Are these still valid? Or is everyone using limited armor now?

They're still commonly used. From an economy point of view you can probably do better with L stuff like Aurora L and Bear L due to the significantly lower decay on the 10k+ Durability armours. But on the other hand it's often hard to find these low MU armours in auction because they're barely worth listing as a seller.

Both are still excellent armors. Maybe you could replace both by going to Bear(L), but I wouldn't do that.

For smaller mob superefficent armor, you might consider a set of Chromatophore mk1 (l) or predator(l) as a lower decay complement. Or indeed, adding a set of Goblin, seeing as you don't really have any acid protection.

Ark has some nice L armors to replace these also, Ursa and Cetus L.

Keep in mind you can pay 110-115% for L armor and keep the same eco as unL armor due to the higher durability.

They're still commonly used. From an economy point of view you can probably do better with L stuff like Aurora L and Bear L due to the significantly lower decay on the 10k+ Durability armours. But on the other hand it's often hard to find these low MU armours in auction because they're barely worth listing as a seller.

Correct, I always TT that junky armor :)

~Danimal

Ghost is kind of old school, but still useful for difficult mobs. Nowadays, it's more common to see gremlin and adjusted pixie for day-to-day play.

You might want to look into higher armors like jaguar, bear, boar, phantom, etc. The price has dropped tremendously in recent years thanks to merry mayhem.

Keep in mind you can pay 110-115% for L armor and keep the same eco as unL armor due to the higher durability.

Nope. TT armor decay is paid back anyways but MU for sure isn't. Do the math on a 200k-ish cycle with one high decaying set and then do it again with a low decaying set and see the difference if you don't belive me. It can aslo be proved on a average of 10mobs or so if you know the regular multipliers for that mob (has to be low regen).

Nope. TT armor decay is paid back anyways but MU for sure isn't. Do the math on a 200k-ish cycle with one high decaying set and then do it again with a low decaying set and see the difference if you don't belive me. It can aslo be proved on a average of 10mobs or so if you know the regular multipliers for that mob (has to be low regen).

There is no evidence that passive decay (ie refiners, faps, armor, etc) are returned in anyway besides some effect on that passive skill related gain.

There is no evidence that passive decay (ie refiners, faps, armor, etc) are returned in anyway besides some effect on that passive skill related gain.

I'm sorry but I couldn't care less if you belive me or not I was just stating the facts from my own calculations and test.

You can test this easy over a 10-20 scips sample if you choose one maturity (alpha as an example) if you let each mob hit you for lets say 5min with a full angel/shadow or any high decaying armor and i'll fap you with impfap. Note the loot value of each and do the same in unplated adj pixie and note the values and compare. I did this (shot mob half in both cases but not sure if that matters) and got results confirming that decay is paid back. For more accurate numbers tho you need a lot bigger sample like i said in my first post but this will give you an idea atleast. You will notice that with the high decaying armor you will now hit the "impossible" loots between regular drops and good drops :)

Even if this was true, you could still get the same effect using L armors at a markup of 110-115%. As long as markup times L armor decay is lower than UL armor decay for the same armor (or simply same protection), you are better off using L armor. Because you end up paying less for the protection, no matter if armor decay is paid back in loot or not.

Even if this was true, you could still get the same effect using L armors at a markup of 110-115%. As long as markup times L armor decay is lower than UL armor decay for the same armor (or simply same protection), you are better off using L armor. Because you end up paying less for the protection, no matter if armor decay is paid back in loot or not.

Aeh no. You'll never get markup back. Assuming his theory was true it's better using a high decay UL armor over the low decay (L) armor.

Aeh no. You'll never get markup back. Assuming his theory was true it's better using a high decay UL armor over the low decay (L) armor.

True. If the theory is true or not I will leave to each invidual to test since it will be to much work for me to extract my data since I wont share it all. Just saying how it works for me.

Thats Assuming a lot. Go put on Angel, hunt in the Merp LA using a TT knife and report back how much armor decay you got back, and then lets talk.

Edit: Note that paying 110% for L armor would still flush if you get 90% of armor decay back, not 100%. Getting any back would still need to be proven.

Back