Votes: 103 56.3%
  • I am Iron Man!

Votes: 65 35.5%

• Total voters

burnsey

Stalker
Society
The one percent
Another new system MindArk has shown FPC is one of the most anticipated systems ever (I think it was first mentioned back in 2005!) – The Vehicles system. We have had the opportunity to race through the Calypso underbrush at 60 km/h, jumping off cliffs and skidding into lakes. I personally believe the vehicle system is a great addition on many levels, from the actual experience of driving around, using it as tool for day to day activities but also from a business standpoint; who will become the Henry Ford of Calypso? Vehicles are expected to arrive during the spring.

Spring is over official June 21st.

There's been nothing said or heard from since except for the vehicles that MA employees got to drive through towns. Are they ready to roll them out or will they have to wait until November when everyone is back from holiday.

Hi.

i see since i am in game very big update arrive in October. VU10 not, VU10 arrived in august, perhaps to give programmers more time for test things with real players.

Greetings.

I am iron man ofc :evilking:

I decided to be optimistic and say yes... Never know right?

They'll come after MA implement 72 other, barely working, uninteresting and ultimately not-needed things first.
Unfortunately...

My hope is that they are making the vehicles cool, futuristic, non-internal combustion, hover or flight capable, and with several models to choose from.

Vehicles DID arrive. Either the shuttles, which arrived years ago, or the vehicles used by the wastelanders. You pick.

There's been nothing said or heard from since except for the vehicles that MA employees got to drive through towns. Are they ready to roll them out or will they have to wait until November when everyone is back from holiday.

Wish I could work for a company that lets employees take vacations while deadlines whiz past like cars on the freeway.

:rolleyes:

The part about Henry Ford got me thinking, what if they introduce vehicles when they introduce the rumored factories, assembly line cars? I'm really excited about vehicles whenever they come and I hope MA/FPC can learn from other games/mmos that use a vehicle system that's fun for everyone so it's not just a status symbol only for the rich.

Ofcourse they will come on June 21st,

I think the vehicle system is already implented. they showed them to us. my gues is we will be able to ride them between next week and 2020, or later :wise:
Posted via Mobile Device

They are still trying to figure out what the point is. Once they figure out a use for them, then they will implement them! Haha what am i saying, they will put them in with zero use other then to drive around.

So, hrm what is the delay then if they already can drive around. Must be trying to code around creature interaction while in a vehicle.

Would be fun if you could just mow down a herd of merp with em. That would be a quick way to do the iron challenge, lol. (decay to car = like 0.004 ped per 1 hp of creature life, or less if it burns fuel too)

I hope they make crafting vehicles extremely part intensive tho. 300+ pieces, and at least 50 sub assembly crafts. Hell putting together a remote control car is about 300 pieces, so its not like that's a lot.

I couldnt bring my self to say no, so I said I am Iron Man. :)

My buddy looted an Genesis Motorcycle MK I (L) bp (L) a couple of weeks ago with 3 clicks on it, but hasn't had the courage to click it yet.

narfi

of course im joking.

I am Iron Man. :)

I'd guess not, if they appear before Mindforce and Hangars I'd imagine it would cause some upset.

:yay: summer time summer time sum sum summer.... im doubt full that its comeing... were still waiting for evorything els that was in game year ago
:scratch2:

Iron Man, Iron Vehicle, Iron where are the argo's when you need them :laugh:

Ofc not, they worked out they need to make them useful in the RCE cornerstone context rather than another cool looking thingy like most the rest of Entropia additions ;)

I'm really excited about vehicles whenever they come and I hope MA/FPC can learn from other games/mmos that use a vehicle system that's fun for everyone so it's not just a status symbol only for the rich.

Unfortunetly, thats what i think will happen, uber crafters only can craft them, and parts to craft them will be pretty expensive.

And the decay, well, wont go into the 10 km = 10 ped decay i'm sure they are thinking, with smiling mouths, and fingers ready to grab peds.

Tbh, I dont see a need for vehicles, just bring back all the stuff thats missing from before, before they screw things up again :)

I still cant see any use for vehicles in a RCE. Unless you can mow things down and take approiate decay and get approite loot from it. Or have a turrent on it again sustaining appoiate decay for the loot.

There is one vehicle i can imagine a use for tho.. But it would have to fly. A star wars style speeder bike would be useful for all the Frikkin hills we have. But ONLY if it can go straight up the side of a mountain regardless of how steep it is. And only if it isnt a pain in the ass to use; then stop using for a length of time, and then start using again, without having to go back to the location where you stopped using it. IE not having to go back to where you parked, caz that would just be dumb. Realistic sure, but dumb.

There is even a 'realistic'(real in the EU universe) way they can do that as well. And thats to have the vehicle teleport in to your location if you aren't next to where you parked. (at no decay cost!)

If you can use them as a moble supply point/storage and you dont have to go back to where you park every time. That would be worth a convenience fee.

Last edited:
I still cant see any use for vehicles in a RCE.

Well, besides the things you already mentioned, people use teleport chips like crazy because they don't like walking long distances so using vehicles for quick transportation would make some sense. They would also be especially interesting for that in PVP areas. ;)

I can think of one more use for a vehicle: A special vehicle that acts like a teleporter platform connected to the normal teleporter grid. You could even charge for players using it. That would come close to the functionality of a wormhole chip. Well, sort of.

Speaking of pvp - why not hijackable vehicles?

:D

Back