Are we ready for a skill nerf?

Would you like a skill nerf?

• Yea - my ava would be worth more, show me the $$

Votes: 51 19.2%
  • U crazy ?!? - I wanna max my DOA by the time my unborn child graduates coledge

Votes: 214 80.8%

• Total voters

Igorl

Stalker
Society
Victory
Igor Nikola Lucky
Ok here it goes:

We all know that skills are neverending fountain and there is no actual drain for them. That fact is slowly being reflected to the skill economy.

(for the onesnot acquainted with game balancing teminology: skills are created each day via shooting/bombing/clicking/coloring/beuty and there is almost way to lose them) I consider there is noone that would provise skill drain via chipping out and then TTing the very implant.

Now here is the ultimate question:

Are you ready to accept the nerf if it ment your avatar will be worth more?

I.

Definitely not-I come here to play a game not to make money-Sure profit would be nice but not at the expense that I would not be able to progress in the game any more-and mean that I would have to chip out anyway
Frankenberry-NBK Legion

:wise: what he said :wise:

Definitely not-I come here to play a game not to make money-Sure profit would be nice but not at the expense that I would not be able to progress in the game any more-and mean that I would have to chip out anyway
Frankenberry-NBK Legion

Aye, dont nerf the skills again. People will just have to accept that skills aren't going to make you rich. Mid level players are already questioning what there goals are. A nerf will just increase that. People need to have the belief that the ped there spending is at least improving there avi and every hunt/mine/craft you just that little bit closer.

Yep that a nice and noble answer... but my second option was really greatly considered...

Im at around 5 HA on UL non SIB weapons now and it increases around 0.1 / mo each month I dedicate to hunting.

It will advance even slower afterwards :scratch2:

I click 10s of 1000s of clicks / month on component just to advace 1 level in my MME every 2 monts or so. And Im only level 13 :eek: What happens on level 20 :scratch2:

Is that really the progress you are talking about. :scratch2: Cause I stopped feeling it sometime ago.

I.

There is a drain on the skill pool

every chip in/out of your head costs 10% of the skill value.

But no, I don't want a skill nerf, I want skills.

This is what makes EU worth of play... challenging to go up and higher :D

Think nerfing the skills might actually make them worth less when every body stops playing at once.

I voted no.

I believe there should be more penalty for chipping. Perhaps 10% when chipping out, 10% when chipping in, 20% total. Hopefully more people start chipping and more skills are wasted.
Or MA needs to do a mass ban on anybody with 300k+ skills and then they create a large demand for skills :laugh: (kidding of course)

Are you ready to accept the nerf if it ment your avatar will be worth more?

I.

I haven't even recovered from the last one yet.....

Good one Harvest ,
Another one will make this game not to skill anymore, folks will just leave , no change anymore to reach .... so f..k it will be the common answer.

My 2 pecs (hmm bad loot 1 pec then) :D

I am building my skills...

Maybe when I'm too arthritic and senile to operate in this Universe anymore I may start to wonder what the're worth...

Voted no

im high as hell, but if im not misstaken there have already been a nerf when the "ESI" came into our world instead of GSIs.

i even forgo what the topic was.. :scratch2:

I would not mind a nerf to make them "Worth" more. So long as they make the ones we have ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING as we grow...
None of this bullshit they are only there to activate tools and weapons for use that just doesnt suck yer soul thru its buttons.

I voted no. The skill system seem slow enough. Even slower.. where will be the motivation to play?

Voted no. I started few month ago, even now skillgain is not fast and U already want to nerf my skills? No way...

Yep that a nice and noble answer... but my second option was really greatly considered...

Im at around 5 HA on UL non SIB weapons now and it increases around 0.1 / mo each month I dedicate to hunting.

It will advance even slower afterwards :scratch2:

I click 10s of 1000s of clicks / month on component just to advace 1 level in my MME every 2 monts or so. And Im only level 13 :eek: What happens on level 20 :scratch2:

Is that really the progress you are talking about. :scratch2: Cause I stopped feeling it sometime ago.

I.

wat exactly are u crafting?

I assume you mean a skill gain nerf. (Meaning it's the skill gains which are changed, and not the actual skills)

Anyway, I strongly doubt that we'll see another skill gain nerf, anytime soon, since the last one so big that it shouldn't be necessary in any near future.

But you never know, ofc ;)

I would like a nerf :) Not for the peds but for the added challenge to unlock next skill :)

What an odd question.....not even worthy of a vote :(

no way i want a giant hof or ath so i can skill up...:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::sniper::silly:

the daftest poll I have seen in a long time :rolleyes:

this poll shows that most of us is not here for the money, just for the fun of it ;) :wtg:

but i guess we all knew that, hell if we where here for money we are in the wrong universe :laugh:

the vote option itself is funny already
"I wanna max my DOA"

when you have a doa you either
-started early enough before skill nerfs so you got one already looted or very cheap and got loads of skills already either way
so any slower skill wont hit you really

-you bought one more or less recently and can afford to chip up either way, no matter of current nerfs or not

i am currently around lvl 50 in swordsman hit and i plan to unlock commando in the far far away future (ya, pretty natural, i dislike chipping ;) )

when you make the skills even slower, you have nothing to do anymore

you already don't have something to do with the current skill speed, as you mentioned yourself

so where is the point in playing at all?

not to mention that you can max say a hl8 or so way below the DOA (thats why i find the doa funny especially) and above that anything L is that terribly overpriced that you dont have a goal anymore already

i mean, with that kind of weaponry, p5a, hl8 and stuff, you can kill around say 80% of the ingame mobs, especially in a team of 2-5

for the other 20% you would need an armor which is around as valuable as a car, a fap around the same price

or you get another 2 team members, thats easier :D

so the only goal you would achieve with slower skills, is that p5a etc maxes later

then you can kill, especially regarding the lately HP regen improved mobs, what will likely keep on going

around 50% of the mobs, if you chose a melee path 20%

would it make ppl stay longer when they can't hunt something else than newbies mobs for an even longer while?
i doubt it

i said i plan to unlock commando
with my current guess that will take me ~2 years or more

the intiution or quickness unlocks (afaik evade unlocks) i will likely never see

so would it really keep the people currently ingame for longer after another (skill) goal they set became unreachable because the rules changed once again?

all those nerfs in the past are like playing with a child
always the rules are changed when you thought you achieved something :)

so i say no, to a skill nerf
i also say no to the maxed Doa, thats something i will already never achieve (its a quite crappy weapon either way, good for ped wasting pvp atm, but not much more)

are we ready for it, i don't think so
but i also don't think we are asked for it

i think we already got that kind of nerf either way
especially when more mobs will get improved regen
because that makes you use bigger L (overpriced) dam per sec weapons
and that makes you spend and deposit more than skill nerfs will :D

Sorry Peoples,

What means "nerf"? :confused:

Thanks
Elko

Sorry Peoples,

What means "nerf"? :confused:

Thanks
Elko

When something is changed to the bad, eg. lower skillgains than before or more hp on a specific mob making it harder to hunt.

I hope for the complete opposite. I would like to see reaching 10 HA on a handgun or any other skill made much easier BUT also the addition of a new skill set, say to 150.

This would allow newer or mid-level players to catch up making the new levels the difficult ones.

Of course this would really hurt the value of current items unless they were enchanced somehow, but if they really want to grow this game they need to open things up.

Is getting 150 agility and other such stats even possible anymore? It really discourages some players to continue once they understand that such achievments are unobtainable for themselves.

Back