Are you an Old Player but not super active?

1-2h I could find, something to do I could find, but it's been 2 months since I've last afforded to depo 20$. Bah. IRL is so dynamic.

Yes, I am. My name is Buck Banzai and I am a forumplayer. ;)

Been playing PE off and on since January of 2004. As a matter of fact, I am just coming off a hiatus from game and have been logging in more often again.

My breaks come not from RL obligations eating time up. They come from burnout from MA and how often they nerf the game. Eventually, I think it wears on the most patient of people and one just needs a break.

It is still a fun game... in moderation!

Geo

@Habu

Same here, once one mind is upset, cooling down can take a long time =X

Playing since end of 2005, use to play a lot, but don't have any time because of RL too :D

my avatar turned 4, in June of this year.

In the last 18 months - I've only gained 10k skill points, 2 hitpoints, and my Tracker still shows globals from Sept. 2009. :ahh:

so, that would be a big 10-4, buddy -- I don't play much, anymore. I play, maybe one hour a week, at best. :dunno:

I log on all the time to talk to Pyrates and see what's going on - but for game play; meh - I just can't be bothered, anymore. :handjob: (unless I'm utterly bored to death with real life ... which is rare)

maybe one day I'll play 'hardcore' again ... but I wouldn't hold my breath ;)

I am not active anymore in last few years.

As soon i win a lottery i come back into EU again to spend big time money again.

I always loved my active days in Entropia and see forward to a moment in life where i can spend lots of money again while not having to work for it.

well, I am on a fixed income SSI, in my country, It's like the disability kind. Anyway after I pay my bills, I have very little left. I dont get much a month and because of the bad economy they have frozen the raises in the checks.

Anyway the point is, Im trying to get a side income here. Either with my music or making wigs (which has a start up cost, and mantainence for the materials). I have other things to stick my little money in. Use to be with entropia that 20 Dollars could go a long way if you buy a CB5 and stuck to low animals. You could hunt without any armor, and would get loot so you could stay alive. Now adays your lucky if you get 1 ped worth of bullets.

And what is with this number system with the bullets anyway? I decided to make a yearly deposit of 100 - 150 dollars and when that runs out. The party is over until the next year. MA really has to offer their players more, and LOOT for god sakes. :rolleyes:

Oh by the way I have been playing since june 2007 so that is about 3 years now.

I also wanted to add I see more entropia players in Facebook, and those games are free. YAY Mafia wars.:yay:

Code:
P|\
L| \
A|  \
Y|   \
 |    \
 --------
 Time

"I make a lot of graphs."
- Lisa Simpson

Born on calypso in august 2006, played alot in the first 2 years, then after that decided to take 6 months breaks each year to keep me coming back because loot is crap. Need a new PC and im back but ill probably depo alot less since i have my main UL armor. The only thing that makes it expensive for me is always having to buy a (L) gun and fap which can cost about 500 peds alone and sometimes it lasts me only 2 days.

keeping track on EF to see whats going on but @ it seems loot is still crap ;)

biggest loot tt to date is a fungoid young 4.5K peds, was a noob back then so i spent it all on skilling :O

Last edited:
Been playing for app. 6 yrs.

Played a lot the last couple of weeks, and sofar cost me around $2k, so i'll probaly go back to hibernaton again soon :)

Loot is crap, and the game in general (for me anyways) has become so much more expensive to play, it's just not really fun anymore.

Seems to me, EU is more of a money machine now, then ever.

I miss the old days, when everything was much more fun.

wish you all luck inthere :)

/DC

Just wondering are there any players out there that are old like 5+ years in Entropia. Still Love Entropia but just because of Real Life or lack of time dont play a ton but still check in keep up with the forums.

right here :)

I played back in the 2000ish for a few years (with same first avatar name), and quited in 2003/04 after a series of problems and bad decisions... I did not quit because I did not like the game, but that's another story. Unfortunately I did sell out, and let the avatar die, but I guess I can say i'm an "old" and very innactive player. I came back last year (making 1 year now), and enjoying the experience so far, within the limits of my budget (been quite lucky fortunately). Unfortunately even luck runs out, and I slowed down hunting a bit, hopping for things to get back on track (and selling out the ever growing storage).

The only thing that makes it expensive for me is always having to buy a (L) gun and fap which can cost about 500 peds alone and sometimes it lasts me only 2 days.

:wise: Word. Preparing for a simple hunt gets quite expensive using L items. That combined with the need to stack items for reasonable markup makes things extremely hard, so unless you have established a reasonable pedcard, you need to stick with the lowest possible gameplay within hunting... And leeds to inactivity.

And I too feel a certain nostalgy everytime I think of PE...

Im probably one of the most unknown old players to date! :D Ive been around on and off since 2002, and no one knows who the heck i am! I'm still a noob. ;) When i started, the oil-rig was the place to be. Always smacked with orange jumpsuites trying to make their living, oh, with emphesis living, those troxes sure have eaten their fair share of "oranges". We were all in awe of those icredibly brave black and white armour-clad people facing these big dinos. And SURVIVING! I remember Faustian and Crash... Occationally they tried to get some order in the orange mess, and form lines, so that we all could get our share of the barreled oil spawning from the rig (0.50-1.00 ped barrels..........). Those who strayed from the line... well, you understand... Someone had to restore order in the world of rig anarchy. Though sometimes they would kill off someone for sport. Such is life on calypsy. I also remember hearing talk about a real cruel bunch of players, apparently from a society called cK. I didnt pay too much attention to that, i was busy grabbing one barrel after the other, competing with, oh, 20 others. One day though we saw some black clad shapes in the horizon, and all of a sudden "oranges" started dropping like flies. That was my first encounter with the society cK.

I miss these times, i really do. :) Everything was so much more exciting. You could find valuable items just lying around on the ground, and not to mention you could loot all these amazing items that now cost as much as your average car. I was never so lucky though, finding these items. Although i must confess i had my 15 minutes of fame a few years back when i found the largest mining deposit to date. Well not to THIS date, of course and is now long forgotten (i think it's still around here somewhere, on the forum). Ive been the kind of player to come and go every 5-6 month, waste some cash, and vanish again. I never saved anything. I sold everything i could to be able to buy a few more bombs, or some more ammo. Downgrading my gear to fit my current economy, so to say, untill there was nothing left! Ive always enjoyed it though, really! :) The excitement never dies for me. I always think "maybe ill find a big one again", and thus keep the flame burning for this game. Hey, just earlier this evening i found a 982 PED deposit of erdorium! That made my day!

Anyways, it was really nice reminiscing about old times. Thanks for starting the thread. :)

/Iceish

I play like 3 years now and still like the game. But i cant play much because i am 16 and need to go to schoo and have to make a lot of home work when i get home. So i only play in the evening.

Posted with a ipod.

been here since half way 04. havnt played in ages, simply dont have the time. i think my last longer tehn 5 minutes session was around february orso

7 years+

Due to RL I dont have alot of time, but still love and enjoy the time I have. Perhaps 2-10 hours per week ingame now. Before it was more like 4-10 hours per day :) When RL permits I will increase my gametime.

5 years under my OJ's and right now Im playing every day... when I wake up in the morning (more like afternoon :p) I log in to EU.. then I make something to eat.. I think I have started to grind again :) and it feels really good.. so I guess that Im gonna grind a few months then take a long vacation again..

prices of things is starting to get normal.. wich is great for us with a small pedcard.. (waiting for ml35 prices to come down to +3000 again :p) EU is evolving to something better and bigger imo.. and I wanna be here when that day comes..

I am here for a little more than 4 years now. I found a balance between RL and EU and the balance says: RL comes first ... most of the times at least. Yeah sometimes not and i love the times when i can rocket my brain into the pixel world of EU. In summer i use to play about 12 hours a week, in winter this can easily get 12 hours a day. I can surf the forums at work, keeps me at good mood and well informed when the day is stressy.

no idea when i got here

Been here i think since 2006 maybe or before. Played very regular ie every dam day, until my son was born then had to have a break. Since VU10 have played maybe less and lately unfortunatly in RL is busy and introduction of new things without getting some old ones back has put me off. The biggest reason for not comming on as much is, it can take 4-10 attempts to log in now days and my PC is top notch so no issues there.

I will continue to play but not as much, until newbies are given a better chance of staying, ie better quest mission (not just killing x amount of mobs, thats not a Quest) and Vehicles that use ME and not oil would help.

Generally love the game but i really feel it has lost something from pre VU10.

<updated after new release>
Well you have to pay for voice chat :( really not a good direction and more vehicles grrrrr. Think it will be less and less time now and perhaps more in RL.
<end update>

Hugs to all
GL and Have Fun

Last edited:
Since March 2006! Have not been on much for the last 18 months due to an old computer. Finally have a new rig and I plan on playing again but not as much as before..

Been around for well over 5 yrs. Haven't been on to play in awhile due to RL things. Still come through to forum to check up on things. Will be back in game soon though :yay:

Yep ... I've been around for a while too. Still here though. In fact, I think I'll try and log in now. :)

Generally love the game but i really feel it has lost something from pre VU10.

<updated after new release>
Well you have to pay for voice chat :( really not a good direction and more vehicles grrrrr. Think it will be less and less time now and perhaps more in RL.
<end update>

think alot of ppl will take breaks soon...
seems like they are trying to turn the game into some normal fps game just with cash economy.

drive/flying/sailing with shooting .... play battlefield or something like that and it wont cast as much lol

Playing since 4.5 years but playing less since cryengine and with that new update prolly even less...
Why?
Coz too many bad changes asking money... , changes of maps (why not addin a new continent than changing the whole places), no fun anymore ...
no beacons...no hangars anymore...

Rippy

Since December 2005......

Definately less time than back in the day but still logging in as and when i can.

Even with little time a quick soc chat and a quick hunt is well worth the log in.

As much as EU frustrates me it also intrigues me ;)

Back