Question: Are you crashing in game ? CTD? Please VOTE !

Do you CTD in EU since last few VU updates or are you fine ?

• I am crashing (CTD) regularely every few minutes

Votes: 30 24.0%
  • I am not crashing, everything is fine and working smoothly.

Votes: 95 76.0%

• Total voters

AJack10600

Elite
Society
SPU ¦ Smart Professionals United
Larios Semai Niva
Are you crashing in this game since the last VUs ?

I am crashing every 10 mins or so ... I want to know how many people are experiencing this. Please vote...

Well, I would not say its every few minutes - but the other night I crashed to the desktop a couple times and finaly gave up and went to bed - but they were about a half hour apart and it seems that it happened when i went into a well populated area - lots of green dots.

Right.. I am the only person experiencing this problem then... oh well.. screw this...

there's one guy in my soc that got this problem too, dont remember who it was though

Not counting the newest update, since two or three updates I have experienced not many CTDs, however so on a regular basis. Before, the Planet Calypso software had been running very stable for me.

In my case, it might have to do with reading the forum while playing. It seems to me that the latest two Firefox updates potentially do not agree with the Planet Calypso software. Calypso CTDs often coincide with opening a new browser window.

No crashes for a long time now (crosses fingers), though lag at Twin Peaks is becoming intolerable

You did confirm your installation with the clientloaders validator, right?

Ma is fixing the problem !
Read the info from planet calypso.

Regards.
Lana

They talk about server stability, which could cause disconnects, but should not cause ctd.

Are you crashing in this game since the last VUs ? I am crashing every 10 mins or so ... I want to know how many people are experiencing this. Please vote...

i have something like that, if im downloading anything or have a instant messenger open i loose connection every 6 - 30 mins. if eu is the only thing open i can play for hours.

ma say its a bug on their end called it the "six minitue bug".

its getting verry annoying.

but yeah, try playing with nothing else that uses internet open see if it helps things...

I get "connection lost" only (quite often but that's my ISP lol)

I voted yes.

If I go to remote areas I will only lose connection once or twice an hour.

When I am near a TP or other players I lose connection every 6-10 minutes.

So far 5 out of 39 votes yes. And I already saw 3 threads about this with more people complaining about the same issue.

not every 10 minutes, but 15+ crashes in a day is quite routine

Was Ok till today.

Wheels seem to have fallen off now.

I crash, but only about once a week. It reboots the system and gives me a hypertransport flood error.

The reason I mention it is because it only happens when I'm playing EU. At this point, I don't know if its EU or an actual hardware issue.

Was Ok till today.

Wheels seem to have fallen off now.

I agree i havent had this prob for a long time ,but today i lost conection 3-4 times in a row when crafting :scratch2:

Crashing, but not regularly. Just disconnected from the server and can't login again.

Been getting alot of "connection lost" last couple of days. Only seems to happen around PA and Swamp camp servers here for me though.

Ok I think we maybe need to differentiate between CTDs and Disconnects it seems...

I have been crashing to desktop every half hour or less since maybe VU10.6.

It's not a disconnect, but a plain old crash.

Working fine at my end but then I've got an ATI graphics card ;)

im not crashing but i am getting gfx pixelation and assorted junk, plus the occasional freeze.

I have gotten crashed on 3 times in the past 15 minutes. That's worse than usual. I am livid. I sent a support case.

Here's a support case conversation I had with them on the matter.

History for support case 182124

2010-03-07 02:27 You wrote:

Hello. I've been having regular crashes since about VU10.6 and I do not know what's causing it. It's not a disconnect, the game just stops and dumps me at my desktop.

It's incredibly frustrating trying to do something in-game and having to restart every 20 minutes (or less).

I know others are having this problem as well.

2010-03-08 13:14 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
Please run the "Repair installation" tool found in the upper left corner of your Client Loader; it will automatically detect and repair any damaged or corrupted files. Please let us know if you still experience issues after reparation has been carried out.
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

2010-03-09 03:51 You wrote:

I've reinstalled and run the repair installation tool multiple times and I can never seem to be rid of the crashes.

2010-03-09 09:33 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
Thank you for your report. Please follow these steps in order to exlude the possibility of corrupt files being the cause of the issue:
- Uninstall Entropia through the Control Panel
- Manually delete your Entropia Universe home folder with content if it is still there after uninstall.
- Delete files found in these places:
For XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Entropia Universe
C:\TEMP
C:\Documents and Settings\"YourUser"\Local Settings\Temp
For Vista and Windows 7:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Entropia Universe
C:\Windows\Temp
C:\Users\”YourUser”\AppData\Local\Temp\entropia
Then reboot your computer. Please redownload the client and install again.
This error often occurs if you have stopped the patcher at any point during the patching process and then restarted it. Please let it finish on its own, even if it seems that the process is not responding or moving, it will continue soon. Do not close the patcher. Also make sure to close all other applications when you run the installer. Please note that merely reapplying the patch will not work until you have reinstalled.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Kind regards,

Here's a support case conversation I had with them on the matter.

History for support case 182124

2010-03-07 02:27 You wrote:

Hello. I've been having regular crashes since about VU10.6 and I do not know what's causing it. It's not a disconnect, the game just stops and dumps me at my desktop.

It's incredibly frustrating trying to do something in-game and having to restart every 20 minutes (or less).

I know others are having this problem as well.

2010-03-08 13:14 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
Please run the "Repair installation" tool found in the upper left corner of your Client Loader; it will automatically detect and repair any damaged or corrupted files. Please let us know if you still experience issues after reparation has been carried out.
Kind regards,

2010-03-09 03:51 You wrote:

I've reinstalled and run the repair installation tool multiple times and I can never seem to be rid of the crashes.

2010-03-09 09:33 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
Thank you for your report. Please follow these steps in order to exlude the possibility of corrupt files being the cause of the issue:
- Uninstall Entropia through the Control Panel
- Manually delete your Entropia Universe home folder with content if it is still there after uninstall.
- Delete files found in these places:
For XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Entropia Universe
C:\TEMP
C:\Documents and Settings\"YourUser"\Local Settings\Temp
For Vista and Windows 7:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Entropia Universe
C:\Windows\Temp
C:\Users\”YourUser”\AppData\Local\Temp\entropia
Then reboot your computer. Please redownload the client and install again.
This error often occurs if you have stopped the patcher at any point during the patching process and then restarted it. Please let it finish on its own, even if it seems that the process is not responding or moving, it will continue soon. Do not close the patcher. Also make sure to close all other applications when you run the installer. Please note that merely reapplying the patch will not work until you have reinstalled.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Kind regards,

Had the same issue and performed every single step mentioned above.

Didnt fix the issue.

I noticed this game manages to send my graphics cards to hell.

Perhaps your issue too?

I run much more demanding software than EU, yet its the only game which will send my PC demanding for a third graphics card :laugh:

Might be my issue. But the interesting thing I noticed is that it only happened to me starting in about VU 10.6.

I have been online for about an hour tonight. I've already been kicked 4 times. The past 2 times were within 3 or 4 minutes of each other.

This is really pissing me off. I just want to play my game. If MA doesn't fix this, they're going to run the risk of losing players.

I run much more demanding software than EU, yet its the only game which will send my PC demanding for a third graphics card :laugh:

EU is the only game that thrashes my system. I've got several new titles one involving a guy wearing a diving suit and one with dragons, both run seemlessly on my system but get 20 people in a room in EU and its begging for mercy.

Back