Question: Are you flying in a greyzone?

Side Slay Show

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Side Slay Show
Is there rules in space that is in the greyzone?
I would like to know what you think those rules are.

I follow only the public stated rules from MA and those that MA has specificly told me in a support case.

I think that if someone else has got told in a support case that this is something you cant do then it only apply to that person not everyone else (unless MA goes public with it to all). This falls into a greyzone of rules I dont follow.But I do use a bit of common sense, that is if I hear someone got banned for something, I might not do it unless its worth the risk.

Maybe we can clear out the greyzone a bit.

What rules in space do you think are really confirmed to all by MA?
And what rules do you think is in the greyzone?

I'd say this for those attacking in PVP space.

You can not harass a player trying to make progress to another planet in a small ship (quad etc). That means only killing them once, if they revive heal their ship and continue, you or your team can not attack again.

You can attack a real space ship for a sustained period of time that constitutes 'one' battle. If the ship runs to safe zone, unlucky you might feel frustrated but the battle is over. I'd say for the benefit of doubt a new day means another battle can commence.

You can not use a cheat that gives you an advantage to take down another ship.

How do you answer the grey question? If it feels immoral it is immoral. If you know it's immoral then it is immoral.

If it feels like you were acting within acceptable fair play, that you could accept yourself if the tables were turned then all is fine.

If you are acting like a idiot, regardless what the rules are, then you're an idiot. Rules are a guide not to be exploited for the benefit of behaving like an idiot.

Rick

''You can not harass a player trying to make progress to another planet in a small ship (quad etc). That means only killing them once, if they revive heal their ship and continue, you or your team can not attack again''

why not ?
Wouldnt all just revive ,repair and load loot in quad and go safe ,wich would be like exploiting the rules ?

play the game as intended , pirates and all, its pvp in space and its lootable .

''You can not harass a player trying to make progress to another planet in a small ship (quad etc). That means only killing them once, if they revive heal their ship and continue, you or your team can not attack again''

why not ?
Wouldnt all just revive ,repair and load loot in quad and go safe ,wich would be like exploiting the rules ?

play the game as intended , pirates and all, its pvp in space and its lootable .

play as intended... so not using speed exploits like all pirates right?

why not ?

Because they've already been looted after a pirate has killed them the first time. So the only purpose to continue to attack them over and over again is purely to stop them getting where they want to go.

It would be different if the sole purpose of entering space was to go to battle with other PVP'ers, although most of the time a player goes to space to get to a destination.

I'm looking at it from the prospective of both players, to offer a fair and reasonable solution that benefits all.

If I was in space to head to a planet to spend ped and generate micro payments to MA and a group of pirates trapped me. I'd say f*** it and log-off and not spend any money, and tell MA to stick it up their a*rse.

Now since MA are in the business of wanting people online, I'd say they wouldn't be happy about that. But if you feel the God's of the game have no power or influence over such actions, then fine :) ha,ha,ha.

Rick

thieves = pirates for using the looting system
abusers = crews abusing the harassment clause to ban opponents
exploiters = crews negating the need for combat ammo by abusing the harassment clause
fraudsters / misleading = ma for allowing the continued expenditure of ammo where ships crews have all logged out on active ships or on warp disruption.

You're all lying cheating virtue signaling hypocritical scum ! - smoke that :smoke:

I stand by my statement with the biggest exploiters being those who preach the hate, i mean who encourage folks to log out and every disciple, i mean passenger who turns a blind eye to the loophole.

All sinners are angels in this game, some just look the part whilst others disguise and pretend themselves to themselves and others to be "better". Go ahead Virtue signal all you want - 99% of you "saints" stink under your "holy" veils.

Last edited:
I stand by my statement with the biggest exploiters being those who preach the hate, i mean who encourage folks to log out and every disciple, i mean passenger who turns a blind eye to the loophole.

All sinners are angels in this game, some just look the part whilst others disguise and pretend themselves to themselves and others to be "better". Go ahead Virtue signal all you want - 99% of you "saints" stink under your "holy" veils.

you know that those 2 different things though right? one is protecting themselves to reach their destination and spend peds and the other one is using exploits to get an advantage over others to steal their money without playing by the rules. if the pirates wouldnt exploit there may not be a reason to log out. that said im nearly never using warpships and carry my lootable with me like it should be.

you know that those 2 different things though right? one is protecting themselves to reach their destination and spend peds and the other one is using exploits to get an advantage over others to steal their money without playing by the rules. if the pirates wouldnt exploit there may not be a reason to log out. that said im nearly never using warpships and carry my lootable with me like it should be.

Oh get the f off with the pansy gibberish bs - you come into a conversation the same way you ride a horse, on its back not up it's ass ffs.

Misrepresentation rule (9.k) only protects MA and planet partners:
k. You may not spread any rumors, false or inaccurate information about MindArk, the Entropia Universe or MindArk’s Partners, associates, staff or affiliates, which MindArk consider, at MindArk’s sole discretion, to be potentially damaging, by using the Entropia Universe, IRC (chats) or any other public forums in any media, now known or not currently known, including but not limited to a web site.

There is a more general rule (9.g):
g. You may not use the Entropia Universe to engage in any misleading or deceptive activity.

Still, one can get away with a lot of bullsh... er, roleplay, especially where there's some semantic ambiguity.

For example, you could shoot down my Sleipnir and then tell everyone you were a noble pirate hunter protecting the universe from Dreaded Sleipirate Haruto. Should people giggle at this sort of bullsh... er, roleplay, you could say Dreaded Sleipirate Haruto was using spEEd haXX and flew to Next Island in 60 seconds. Or whatever.

People have gotten away with even bigger bullsh... er, roleplay for quite long. However, you better don't try this to ND or L|MA. ;)

Player base defined rules will inevitably result in majority bias - which might be fine if it were not for the fact that we have such a wonderfully dynamic and diverse game environment. Without this environment we would have a uniform bland environment restricted by favored bias. And so in order to protect the diversity of this platform i would be entirely opposed to player defined rules in a purposefully designed diverse game environment such as EU and demand that MA be clear in their understanding of the systems they implement with full consistency clearly defined and transparent in all their judgments.

Edit : I must apologise as i seem to have gone into Daisy's "villain" role play mode uptop. Daisy is dead and so i will contain it >

Last edited:
Well first there should not be rules that apply to some and not others, that in my opinion is the biggest BS in this game.

Also I agree the rules should be posted for all, this way you know they are not making up new rules on the spot in order to say "see you broke my rule".

As a pirate you simply have no rights. And any grayzone would have to be if you are not reported. Yes sorry it sucks but well, we are dealing with RL here.

Last edited:
As a pirate you simply have no rights. And any grayzone would have to be if you are not reported. Yes sorry it sucks but well, we are dealing with RL here.

Oh wow OZ not sure if anyone told you mate but this is a game.....so yeah.

so you are saying that the stuff you steal has no real life value? and btw. when u like space fights and pvp so much... why dont you play eve online or elite dangerous?

A game which is based on RL money that even you said if they made it so we would be system lootable you wouldn't like it due to the simple fact you hope to steal loot from others and not the system loot system.

I'm having flashbacks guys.

This discussion again.

Send help, the matrix broke.

so you are saying that the stuff you steal has no real life value? and btw. when u like space fights and pvp so much... why dont you play eve online or elite dangerous?

A game which is based on RL money that even you said if they made it so we would be system lootable you wouldn't like it due to the simple fact you hope to steal loot from others and not the system loot system.

When I loot a stack of items I can't use those item in RL, they have no RL value. I can convert them into PED but I can't use PED in RL either, it has no RL value. I can request to withdraw and convert that PED into RL currency but I'm not guaranteed to an exchange rate and there is no guarantee that I will get anything for me PED. MA could say nah no withdraws, then what? You see your not dealing with RL currency.

Even if you were dealing with RL currency it's still a game and as long as your playing by the rules then you have all the same rights in the game. Saying "As a pirate you simply have no rights" is wrong. I signed up just like you and deposited just like everyone else, I get the same rights even if you don;t agree with my choice of profession.

Yeah Angel O2 Mercer I can't post on any thread with out the trolls coming to bash me.

Best part about space is the moment when you run out of give a fuck. I would like to think MA has hit that point, I have its great!

Its lootable, and you are all adults... for the most part, so you know whats up, enjoy.

When I loot a stack of items I can't use those item in RL, they have no RL value. I can convert them into PED but I can't use PED in RL either, it has no RL value. I can request to withdraw and convert that PED into RL currency but I'm not guaranteed to an exchange rate and there is no guarantee that I will get anything for me PED. MA could say nah no withdraws, then what? You see your not dealing with RL currency.

Even if you were dealing with RL currency it's still a game and as long as your playing by the rules then you have all the same rights in the game. Saying "As a pirate you simply have no rights" is wrong. I signed up just like you and deposited just like everyone else, I get the same rights even if you don;t agree with my choice of profession.

Yeah Angel O2 Mercer I can't post on any thread with out the trolls coming to bash me.

wow your stupidity is astonishing me.
and calling pirating a profession is an insult to anyone who skilled anything in this game. pirate is the only "profession" where you need absolutely no skill and barely no investment. its not a real profession imo. its a choice of lifestyle.

and also: as you state the items have no real life value for you. why do you play a game that has only poorly implemented space fights where there are a dozen other games that do this really good? may it be that the items have a real life value for you although you state otherwise? because i dont see the point in playing this game if it wouldnt be for the RCE and especially not only space fight focussed.

LOL. Now that was a far fetched justification if I ever read one. Yes I guess MA could go bankrupt tomorrow and all would be lost, but until then as the game is going now you are stealing RL money because it can be withdrawn.

wow your stupidity is astonishing me.
and calling pirating a profession is an insult to anyone who skilled anything in this game. pirate is the only "profession" where you need absolutely no skill and barely no investment. its not a real profession imo. its a choice of lifestyle.

and also: as you state the items have no real life value for you. why do you play a game that has only poorly implemented space fights where there are a dozen other games that do this really good? may it be that the items have a real life value for you although you state otherwise? because i dont see the point in playing this game if it wouldnt be for the RCE and especially not only space fight focussed.

LOL. Now that was a far fetched justification if I ever read one. Yes I guess MA could go bankrupt tomorrow and all would be lost, but until then as the game is going now you are stealing RL money because it can be withdrawn.

I don't want us to hijack this thread if you want to discuss this further than make a new thread.

you simply have no rights

And I thought everyone had certain unalienable rights that did not derive from the king, government, or MA.

Times have changed, indeed.

the question is not if you could or are allowed to. the question should be if you should do it. from an ethical point of view.

The only greyzone in PvP in my opinion is exploiting the game.
Spawncamping and killing someone over and over again for fun is just normal in PvP.
PvP is designed for something like that.
There should never be situational rules because some people don't like PvP.

Now i am a newbie and i like PvP in other games in the past alot. I want to do PvP in EU but how i do that?
On planet i need uber gear = i need to invest thousands of dollars (at least i think so)
In space it would be much more easier, very nice i think.
Now i could buy that ship and a gun, fly into space and start killing other players just for fun and because i could get loot. In a PvP zone that is designed for it!!!
As i understand the community here, if i do that, iam labeled as a pirate, a exploiter, should have no rights and should be banned. Just because i want to do PvP in EU and do it in a zone that is DESIGNED FOR PVP ?

Maybe the community is at fault here because EU is a sandbox game, isnt it? The game is what you make of it, also Space. In forums, i read often "Adapt or die" - that should also apply to space.

If you hate PvP that much, don't go to space.
If you have to go, you could use a warp couldn't you?
Don't want a warp? Then fly yourself and carry the risk.
If you want to lower the risk and don't pay for warp, why don't the community organize itself? You could organize flights with 10+ ships alltogether. You could fight back and if not, some would get through.
You could hire guards, couldn't you?
Would it be possible to organize a Space police that defend ships?
You could even pay a fee to pirates so that they don't attack you.
If you are attacked, you could ask other players for help.

But to me it seems, the majority of the community just wants the easiest and cheapest way and has no interest in PvP. Still - it's a lootable PvP zone that,.... yes it's DESIGNED for that!! Why don't you adapt?

Space may be undeveloped and buggy but i think if the community gives some effort to it, it could be so much fun.
Maybe it's way too cheap to fly to other planets. If a warp would cost 100-200 PED, then maybe you would consider to hire a guard or organize yourself to fly in a big group with guards.
Changing planets is something like changing servers as i understand. In other games, you pay like 15$ for that.

Even if it is an RCE, it's still Player versus Player.
In PVP:
Player kill each other - normal.
Spawncamping - normal.
Killing for fun - normal.
Killing for other reasons - normal.
Killing the same player multiple times - normal.
Player help each other - normal.

When entering PvP you know all that and all of the above should be allowed and not bannable.
Exploits are something else.

Don't understand me wrong, i think the EU commuity is very nice. But regarding PvP the community seems to suck :/

why not ?

Where would they get the loot from? There is not storage in the Space Stations..

Shooting someone down multiple tiles would be considered Harassment. Like camping a revive in PV and constantly killing a person. It's against the TOU.

Shooting someone down multiple tiles would be considered Harassment. Like camping a revive in PV and constantly killing a person. It's against the TOU.

Is that really like this in EU, even in a PvP zone? In other MMORPGS that would be no harassment o_O

Is that really like this in EU, even in a PvP zone? In other MMORPGS that would be no harassment o_O

It is like that here and MA has Banned people for doing it. As I remember, even WOW has done so in the past.

There are many scenarios in which you would need to shoot someone down multiple times for the purposes of looting them. The actual cases where someone is only being killed to grief them is so rare that is not even work discussing.

There are many scenarios in which you would need to shoot someone down multiple times for the purposes of looting them. The actual cases where someone is only being killed to grief them is so rare that is not even work discussing.

maybe it is, maybe it isn't.. I was just responding to the posts as stated and since they brought up the subject it was worth addressing.

Because they've already been looted after a pirate has killed them the first time. So the only purpose to continue to attack them over and over again is purely to stop them getting where they want to go.

Where would they get the loot from? There is not storage in the Space Stations..

I think the point was someone flies out with no loot on them, deliberately gets killed by the pirate group they may do this 2-3 times to make the point they've got no loot.

At revive they repair their ship and take the stackables from another avatar that was holding it all for them or let a passenger on that is carrying the loot. Then they fly out again knowing that if the same group attacks them they'll get locked so probably won't risk it.

Back