Are you happy with MindArk's engagement/communication with the community?

lol and why would I do that my dear little Hatchling???

And why do you think that this answer cannot be for you, if it is said by someone from MA?

Yes I am very pleased.

In November, there was a huge crowd of pecs heading to Arkadia due to a rumor from an update in early December. No one should take advantage of prior information in this game, to be fair for everyone. That is why this silence is reassuring to me, while I see that it is troublous to you.

My contact is through correspondence from the reports I make. Sometimes they are copy/paste, but most of them are real answers. What I get from other places is mostly a hypocritical answer (what I expect to hear and to be liked of me). I am disgusted by the material hypocrisy of the 21st century, so I appreciate this quality very much!

And let me add that your topic is about communication, not about bugs and promises about the game.

If you want something constructive... a real change, start your next topic from the bottom, not from the branches! Woke up and look with open eyes at where your real problems come from. Rather, your topic is constructed on dissatisfaction over the last month. For what purpose? More personal likes? Or do you want preliminary information to be one step ahead?

These are just a few aspects that I'm sure you won't think about... but yes, the game is a complete mess, while the correspondence is very high level!

And to say something positive about you personally. "I think" that with the next update there will be some positive change. I hope it is focused on the basis of the game, not just on the visual part and/or few of the current bugs. But my guess is based of this silence.. of the late answers from support... which for me is a prerequisite for greater employment and from there I guess their current engagement... of course this may be a completely wrong conclusion. We will see.

There is a HUGE difference between the communication made by a company at the right time to all available channels and leaked "rumours" that give some people information early. Also, NOT communicating when things go wrong is not a sign that they are doing anything right at all behind the scenes.
If anything, I have become less happy with MA's communication over time, and that from a pretty low baseline. However, it is also true that communicating from a shitty position is unlikely to be praised much. Making statements more reliable and trustworthy would at least improve those major elements of what communication should be about - and that requires keeping to what you have stated, for example.

Agree man. Else never call it AMA just AM (ask me) not the "anything". Very misleading

AMA stands for "Ask Mind Ark" not "Ask Me Anything", answers will come in the "following days".

No. You are right they should at least answer the AMA questions from both first and second round that never got answers.

Honesstly, if they do that they ought to go back to the Ask Mindark section on Entropia Forum to finish up those questioons too...

As to the taxes search the link list in sig. I think there's something in there about the old affiliate program that mentions the percentage that goes to Planet Partner and Mindark. For shops tax is always at least 2 pec and minimum markup is 1 ped... so 1 of those pecs goes to PP and 1 to Mindark. I assume it's a similar percentage makup for mining and hunting, etc. Crafting - no word if it is or ever was taxed, but a hunch tells me it probably is but Mindark isn't going to say so as it'll just make crafters that already pay way too much in markup a little irritated.

From what i see you are not playing this game, you are just talking on and on and on on forum. Your stats are of a 2 weeks player.

There is a HUGE difference between the communication made by a company at the right time to all available channels and leaked "rumours" that give some people information early. Also, NOT communicating when things go wrong is not a sign that they are doing anything right at all behind the scenes.
If anything, I have become less happy with MA's communication over time, and that from a pretty low baseline. However, it is also true that communicating from a shitty position is unlikely to be praised much. Making statements more reliable and trustworthy would at least improve those major elements of what communication should be about - and that requires keeping to what you have stated, for example.

Given part of the context, I guess to some extent the commentary covers mine?

I present my point of view on the specific topic. I appreciate any different thinking, because it shows me a lot... and most of all, that I am not a shadow of a false projection. It is a pity that these comments are not many here.

Hi Deemer, yes my post was partly in response to what you wrote.
I also acknowledge that you not only feel (support?) correspondence provides real answers, but also that this differs from your experiences elsewhere:
My contact is through correspondence from the reports I make. Sometimes they are copy/paste, but most of them are real answers. What I get from other places is mostly a hypocritical answer (what I expect to hear and to be liked of me). I am disgusted by the material hypocrisy of the 21st century, so I appreciate this quality very much!
I would expect a lot of people to disagree with you on the quality of the replies we get, however. But, like I said, I acknowledge your opinion on this.

... And indeed, the Cyrene Devs do not know anything about it.

I would expect a lot of people to disagree with you on the quality of the replies we get, however. But, like I said, I acknowledge your opinion on this.

Just to be clearer about my involvement in the topic, because I've been watching the circus from the beginning... mostly because of some of that comment.

I don't understand why these PP developers don't inform me with these trivial facts? Who are they? Where are they? I have so many trivial questions about the game, I would love to talk with them!

Do some people really think that are more important than anyone else to enjoy a different privilege?

Where is MA here? And why no one of you with analytical thinking pay attention of these trivial comments? Why do you think this as normal?

I'd rather be a black sheep than a smelly white sheep from a flock of white sheep!

So much trivial questions, very sorry.
Greetings,
The forum Troll.

Last edited:
As 'customers'/investors' of Mind Ark and Entropia Universe, we should be able to expect communications and customer support
Yet habitually questions go unanswered, not just in the AMAs but here in forum (where they supposedly have a presence and sure as hell should have an active presence), but also more worryingly unanswered by support
If I were a shareholder rather than an in game investor I would surely want to know why the company pays for a communications officer that chats to us maybe twice a year, who wastes time on making videos instead of communicating with their customer base, and when asked questions passes thee buck instead of finding the answer and responding to the community. Hiding behind the 'we cannot discuss this or divulge that' is sometimes appropriate, but heavily over-used.
As an investor I would also be asking why we have live support at all. Back when first invented they were able to move stuck avatars.. No longer true, at least according to them. They were able to seek answers and relay them.. now they just tell you to file a support case , ask for the case number and say they will forward it.. excuse me ??!! didn't it get forwarded when I hit send ?
If the only purpose of 'live support' is to tell us to file a support case, or flag that it is yet unanswered, why is this not just an auto function handled by the game code (or is it?) a sign board at primary locations explaining how to file a support case may actually be more use.

Recently I was stuck in space for several days, ship locked in warp. We eventually found a loophole a day later, that let us get our customers and crew off and back to planet, but as pilot I was tied to the ship.
I tried to speak to live support within the hour of it happening, no reply, not even a hi.
I filed a support case.. it was presumably looked at twice (the date and time changes when it is read) but SILENCE, not even a sorry for inconvenience we are looking into it. Apparently communications don't even run to cut and pastes now.
Eventually after several days of zero communication, it was fixed by the Tuesday server reset.
I filed to let them know it was fixed. Almost 16 hours later I had a reply from MA (whoa, someone actually is there !!)
They told me live support had not replied as they would not have been able to help... I am sorry, but I call BS, when I pm'd them I simply said 'Hi I am hoping you can help' I was going to describe the issue once they responded. so how the hell did they know they couldn't help ? Oh yeh right.. they cant EVER.. so why do they exist ?

Does it matter these people either don't really exist or are taking a salary for no performance at all ? Damn right it matters.. we the customers are paying those salaries.
Sorry if this offends any at MA.. but tbh your lack of communication offended me. Don't tell us you are working to improve communications and then let it get actively worse.
You have a 24 hour a day game that operates 365 days a year, how's about you do ? There should always be basic cover to assist with simple stuff. I bet that if it was something causing MA to lose money the actions would be minutes not days. Well here's a heads up.. All inadequate cover and lack of communication costs you money. Pissed off customer spend less time in game, spend less when in game, give negative vibes to others, whether they mean to or not.
My game time is currently barely a third of what it was a month ago.. and falling
I know of at least 2 other players unable to even get into game, that have had partial replies, have done what was asked of them.. then silence.. and it has been well over a week.
Can someone please ring an alarm bell in support and communications to wake them from their xmas hangover.. it's half past January guys

Recently I was stuck in space for several days, ship locked in warp. We eventually found a loophole a day later, that let us get our customers and crew off and back to planet, but as pilot I was tied to the ship.
I tried to speak to live support within the hour of it happening, no reply, not even a hi.
I filed a support case.. it was presumably looked at twice (the date and time changes when it is read) but SILENCE, not even a sorry for inconvenience we are looking into it. Apparently communications don't even run to cut and pastes now.
Eventually after several days of zero communication, it was fixed by the Tuesday server reset.

they are sorry for the inconvenience, i swear. like a million times or something... but the scheduled task on the dumb server fixed "you" :shower:

Concerning the past 9 months and the situation...
WHAT COMMUNICATION?
I have been doing home office since March and I have not seens any down in productivity.
They were way way more active before any Covid-19 situation ...any explantion to that is simply a very weak excuse.
And don't tell me that working at home disrupts communication.
Just because one can not walk to to a collegues desk does not mean one can not comunicate.

all really weak

Just to be clearer about my involvement in the topic, because I've been watching the circus from the beginning... mostly because of some of that comment.

I don't understand why these PP developers don't inform me with these trivial facts? Who are they? Where are they? I have so many trivial questions about the game, I would love to talk with them!

Do some people really think that are more important than anyone else to enjoy a different privilege?

Where is MA here? And why no one of you with analytical thinking pay attention of these trivial comments? Why do you think this as normal?

I'd rather be a black sheep than a smelly white sheep from a flock of white sheep!

So much trivial questions, very sorry.
Greetings,
The forum Troll.
Deemer , I have seen you play on Cyrene, you know very well how to contact Kris. He said that he has no information, both on discord as on cyreneforum.com. That is fact.
If speaking truth is called trivial or being a white sheep then by all means call me a sheep. But don't expect me to roll over. This sheep ain't vegetarian. I shall taste wolf meat until it no longer howls. Beeehhh.

You know how this game is,and no one is forcing you to play it
It seems the needle got stuck on your record.. or are you too young to know of that effect ?
The game is fundamentally good, but it has flaws both old and new. Sitting back and saying nothing, changes nothing, but if our pointing out their shortcomings changes even 5% for the better, then it is worth the effort for ourselves, for MA and for the whole community. Criticism is often the goad needed to effect change.
Lethargy and failure to communicate on our part would only make MA think they were doing a great job and to carry on regardless. So instead of silly remarks, how about contributing to the conversation.

After being so many years with EU., it's really sad.
RCE is really great.
Hope someone will be able to fix these asap.

Deemer , I have seen you play on Cyrene, you know very well how to contact Kris. He said that he has no information, both on discord as on cyreneforum.com. That is fact.
If speaking truth is called trivial or being a white sheep then by all means call me a sheep. But don't expect me to roll over. This sheep ain't vegetarian. I shall taste wolf meat until it no longer howls. Beeehhh.

Two days ago, I had a different opinion from the same author, and a friend of his had tracked my last 40 posts, noting each one as "Dislike". Usually these are idiots I don't pay any attention to, but I answered this one appropriately.

You know very well that idiocy is not a disease that grows on trees! A shit goes only to another shit. In this way, this group of shits tries to organize group for shiting, using a context convenient to the majority, but their goal is different.

In this game, there seem to be established shit groups who obviously think that their common shitting can be everywhere, maybe thinking that will have an effect. But the effect is only an unpleasant odor!

The above is similar to my fame on every planet, not just Cyrene. Everywhere there is shit, and someone takes advantage of my patience to some extent, then these shit pay the price much more and their followers follow them with wide close eyes. Don't take it personally unless you are part of this smelly environment.

As for developer Kris, I have no idea who he is and what his personal goal is to inform someone in the game to be personally aware. MindArk have a clear position when it comes to information in the game. A developer has access to the most important part of the whole game and while there are many people who pay with time and money to understand even the basic elements of the game. I see how you find it normal to be personally informed by a developer... that's really amazing!

I'm sure there are people who think rationally and stay away from this whole shit, because the smell is unpleasant and they don't want it. But this distinction from the shit only gives them greater hope to shit more.

Investors need to pay more attention to such topics, @Granny Rowan.

When someone has directed the public interest to "Communication", but his whole context is "materially directed". Because most of the investors have a path on which they develop and any preliminary information that has access to something that is material can have a negative effect on these investors. In the game everything is part of something material and many people use exactly that part. Thats why im to opposite side.

Shareholders may know about MA's overall plans, but not what the next update will be and whether it will include more sweat for the sweaters.

Where exactly does your context fit here ..

"Are you happy with MindArk's engagement/communication with the community?"
1. Explosive Projectile BPs: good or bad for the economy???
2. When will there be new uses for Transgen Fruits from Gardening???
3. Does hunting/mining on LA also contribute to Caly/PP revenu, or just LA Deed holder tax revenu???

I do not care about the opinion of everyone who feels affected by my comments. Interested in the opinion of those who can use their head for its intended purpose.

The owner of the game is MindArk, not Ponky or Djiko and their friend Mind Down. The changes are for everyone, not just a shareholder or depositor. Everyone is depositor of time.

You have years of experience with the game, great. I agree that the stage of the game shit. I only buy products not promises.
There are section suggestions that are used... but this topic is... speculative insolence!

The owner of the game is MindArk, not Ponky or Djiko and their friend Mind Down. The changes are for everyone, not just a shareholder or depositor. Everyone is depositor of time.

You have years of experience with the game, great. I agree that the stage of the game shit. I only buy products not promises.
There are section suggestions that are used... but this topic is... speculative insolence!

I do not feel or think as though I 'own' MindArk or Entropia, that conjecture came from you. I only wish to point out the hypocrisy of the CEO and MA when they promise to increase the communication and engagement with the community and then this happens and we have no communication on it for over 7 weeks now.

- This all started I believe in 2017 when the new CEO wrote a letter to the community and acknowledged that MA's communication with it's community is something that could be improved.
- In the spirit of improving communication, MindArk did their first AMA in Feb 2019.
- In Spring 2020 a new MindArk Community 'Relations' Manager introduced herself in this forum
- In Fall 2020 the 2nd AMA was announced

Then we have this fiasco on Cyrene and back to No Communication from MindArk.

This is hypocrisy as far as I'm concerned.

If you promise to improve communication then you should do it for real, not just pretend to do it.

Legends

Communication can always be better, but I think it's improved massively from what I last remember. Seems like EU has really improved in almost every area since I was last active (unless you were an uber with an IMK2).

Support tickets are answered, (or acknowledged at least) within 24 hours usually, I see legitimate responses from MA staff here on the forums and ingame, etc. It's overall been pretty decent, and I don't have a ton of complaints. I do feel that communication has improved, though definitely has a ways to go.

Back