Votes: 20 10.3%

• Total voters

Dennis blighter

Prowler
Society
Lost Renegades
Thanos Blighter Havoc
Im just curious.

With all the changes / updates / cyrene ect. Are you happy overall or not happy overall?

I dont want to make this a complaining thread, but if you are happy or unhappy please leave a brief reason why.

Again, no complaining, just explain your answer.

Off topic: Id like to say sorry for complaining excessively through out the forums, i have reasons why i spoke out but I am not going to try to give myself a reason, nor provide one, as i shouldnt have acted out like that.

Last edited:
While there are many things that could be improved, like for example loot balancing, I enjoy playing this game. I am hoping that the issues I do have will be fixed or reduced in the future, at least most of them.

I still do not quite understand though - why would I be here if I was not at least generally happy? And no, "invested too much to quit" is not a good explaination. Of course, this may not be the thread to discuss it in.

I like the game for the depth, complexity and challenge.

Every game brings joy to my life, but those with the most challenge are what I prefer.

That joy can fade, and when it does I stop playing.

I don't always agree with all the policies/changes, but it is expected, humans are critical, our evolution depends on it. I don't agree always with my government or every idea either.

Cyrene and other issues are just part of how things go, when Edison was asked about how he felt about 1000 failures before inventing the lightbulb, he said "I didn't fail, I was successful in finding 1000 ways not to do it."

That is how I think of issues, opportunities for improvement. At least we have other planets to go support if we do disagree now.

IMO, for a true challenge in a game, EU is champion. That makes me happy.

not happy (hopefully this is not an excessive complaint) because my avatar's residence is in Calypso and all of space is pvp and there is no way for folks on one planet to put up auctions that are able to be bid on on all planets, and there's no way to tp to other planets without going through space. Before the 'transport fee' was removed from auction, I regularly bought items from other worlds for various reasons. Before the 'tp to other planets' option was removed, I had plans on eventually visiting every planet now and then.

Now that all of these artificial limititations that go against the storyline have been put in place, I feel a bit like someone what had a perfect view from their apartment window that suddenly does not have that view since a huge mega corporation just put up a god-awful looking skyscraper next door and I'm having to stare at the brick wall over there instead of having the awesome awe-inspiring view and hope for the future and all of it's expansions in to space I used to have. The storyline of Calypso involves killing bots and getting technology from them. Why, now that more bots are being killed daily has our technology gone backwards instead of fowards (we lost the ability to have intplanetary tp system and auction transport system).

My choice was, kind of.

I chose that because as a whole i love the game, its a fun and exciting game you can actually feel like you are building somethig as it deals with money.
Now i didnt choose yes, because one of the recent changes. So because of that i dont currently hunt.
However i have set that aside, hopefully something changes in that aspect.

Right now im trying to find a good fap to provide a healing service. ( if your selling a t15/ t15 adapted or gyro 14 let me know)

If im bored, i can always do something, whether it healing sweaters and neas, sweating myself or just talking to my soc and looking at the auction house, randomly dropping bombs or crafting if i have the mats for it.

Basically im happy with everything the game offers but one change, and that makes me choose, "kind of".

Also thank you to everyone so far for votig and replying, quite interesting.

Last edited:
not happy (hopefully this is not an excessive complaint) because my avatar's residence is in Calypso and all of space is pvp and there is no way for folks on one planet to put up auctions that are able to be bid on on all planets, and there's no way to tp to other planets without going through space. Before the 'transport fee' was removed from auction, I regularly bought items from other worlds for various reasons. Before the 'tp to other planets' option was removed, I had plans on eventually visiting every planet now and then.

I feel the exact opposite about it. I am so happy that we have warp-capable, safe spaceships now. 100 ped per month for unlimited travel vs. 40 ped (!) for a single TP in the old days. And if I can't wait for the scheduled flight, another planet's just a 3-4 ped, half hour mostly-afk quad flight away, cheaper than the old off-world auction fees. No comparison for me, it's much better now than before.

At first I thought 'kind of' but once I thought about it I voted 'Yes'. There are inequities in every game and it's our choice as players to work around them or not.

There are always things that could be improved but overall I am doing exactly what I want to do in this game (although I need to keep the ped spending under better control).

I'm stuck with a valuable friend.
I'm happy, hope you're happy too.
One flash of light but no smoking pistol.

Im just curious.

With all the changes / updates / cyrene ect. Are you happy overall or not happy overall?

I dont want to make this a complaining thread, but if you are happy or unhappy please leave a brief reason why.

Again, no complaining, just explain your answer.

Off topic: Id like to say sorry for complaining excessively through out the forums, i have reasons why i spoke out but I am not going to try to give myself a reason, nor provide one, as i shouldnt have acted out like that.

i voted not sure, because its complex, personally i do ok i change i adapt, i love the game and the challenge, so many things have improved and a lot of the new content and space and some planets i am very happy about and i see a bright future but there are some things both from the past and the now that also make me despair for that bright future i see :)

off topic: its not easy to say sorry publicly and its admirable that you have :)

I'm happy, I only regret that I have but one life to waste in Entropia :D After all these years I still have and want to do more things than I have time for - and that's playing 40h+ a week.

Wouldn't waste a hour on something that isn't fun or causes frustrations (let alone pay for it).

half hour mostly-afk quad flight away
Half hour trip, one way, right? That's one hour both ways through pvp space. Even if there are no pirates involved time = money. Can't think why not allowing transport fees in auction benefits the pp's economy. More customers = better economy. Not everyone has an hour to kill to go pick up a few odds and ends on other planets. Instant Gratification is better sometimes, even if it is more costly money wise.

Since the estate broker was allowed to use 'global auction' to sell the CLDS we all should be allowed to use it to sell.

Happy is my default emotion while I am logged in. Most of the recent developments have increased my happiness.

:beerchug:

Miles

Yea hell ya I'm happy! I'm extremly fortunate to be in the greatest soc ever created by nothing but an awesome dude that happends to be the husband of my Mentor go figure! I lost you right there right? and then I haven't even mentioned 7...X...M...V...BJ nor Rany!? to many to post...ALL DEEPLY DISTURBED!!!! :laugh: Well anyhows...we're was I...Cyrene, the more the merrier I say! :yay:

Half hour trip, one way, right? That's one hour both ways through pvp space. Even if there are no pirates involved time = money. Can't think why not allowing transport fees in auction benefits the pp's economy. More customers = better economy. Not everyone has an hour to kill to go pick up a few odds and ends on other planets. Instant Gratification is better sometimes, even if it is more costly money wise.

I don't know. I think in this case, instant gratification kind of goes against the principle of the game, and that is to simulate a "real world". Part of that is creating a "real" distance and separation between planets. Anyway, enough said on this topic, we all know the issues. We just disagree on the benefit of space.

I am happy.

I love a challenge, and the competition of finding opertunities in such a complex universe is a challenge for me ;)

New developments only make those opertunities more diverse and therefore more challenging to find the 'best' one for my personality.

narfi

I voted NO!

Last Thursday the previous week I tweaked my back and 8 days later it still fucking hurts.

Grrr...
:/

Tippin'

Now that all of these artificial limititations that go against the storyline have been put in place, I feel a bit like someone what had a perfect view from their apartment window that suddenly does not have that view since a huge mega corporation just put up a god-awful looking skyscraper next door and I'm having to stare at the brick wall over there instead of having the awesome awe-inspiring view and hope for the future and all of it's expansions in to space I used to have. The storyline of Calypso involves killing bots and getting technology from them. Why, now that more bots are being killed daily has our technology gone backwards instead of fowards (we lost the ability to have intplanetary tp system and auction transport system).

It's cheaper now than ever to travel through space..Just try it and you will see it gives others some opportunity to have a bit of fun and make a few peds...It isn't as bad as you think using a mothership for travel...I meet people and have alot of fun on them and there are some of the MS's that are very safe after all...

I voted "no". Though, my only reson was that I just woke up and feel like crap. :acid:

im not happy atm. i was untill the recent changes to ores on calypso. that change affected me alot.

thanks

You forgot ambivalent

but right now my feelings towards EU can be described as meh.

I'm not actively avoid EU but when I log in I just get nothing from the experience but the changes haven't had that much of an effect on me.

Last edited:
Overall not too unhappy. I had to smile when I took the questionnaire for EU on the question about the "Apparent lack of uber UL items" as a reason for not making deposits. I have been playing about 5 years and other than the SGA period I can't remeber more than 8 or 10 uber items being looted. I am not saying that there weren't more than that but I play a lot and I look at the ATH,HOF, and uber loots section all the time and I don't see many there either.

On a side note, don't forget to take the questionnaire as I really think this may help the game and should effect the items looted.

Overall "Yes" - MA still make improvements to the game - the new look "disable loot window" is pretty cool and Argonaut became the first Silver mission, a robot event and a chance of looting a CLD gave added interest & hope of looting something nice.

On the other hand, I cant say I jumped for joy at the mission change announcement, ore removal from Argo and Drone or this new right mouse button change though. I hope those decisions turn out to be worth it. I'm adapting as I'm not prepared to quit.

Overall not too unhappy. I had to smile when I took the questionnaire for EU on the question about the "Apparent lack of uber UL items" as a reason for not making deposits. I have been playing about 5 years and other than the SGA period I can't remeber more than 8 or 10 uber items being looted. I am not saying that there weren't more than that but I play a lot and I look at the ATH,HOF, and uber loots section all the time and I don't see many there either.

On a side note, don't forget to take the questionnaire as I really think this may help the game and should effect the items looted.

But it's the same UL items that "hold' back our economy... Take armors for example, most of the common used armors are UL. Would they be L that would mean more opportunities for crafters thus higher markup on ingredients for miners and hunters.

(And there are a lot more then 8-10 "uber" items looted, you don't hear of all those that are looted ;))

But it's the same UL items that "hold' back our economy... Take armors for example, most of the common used armors are UL. Would they be L that would mean more opportunities for crafters thus higher markup on ingredients for miners and hunters.

The problem is that higher markup for crafters means higher markup on what they craft, so the hunters and miners have to pay higher markup to get higher markup :laugh:

I'm stuck with a valuable friend.
I'm happy, hope you're happy too.
One flash of light but no smoking pistol.

“Here am I sitting in a tin can
Far above the world
Planet earth is blue
And there’s nothing I can do.”

Great song :smoke:

Kind of not fucking much interested while this irl situation with gf is unsettled, just had to say something, thank you.

I'm happy. Everything about this game makes me happy.
I have to tell you, out of all the MMORPGs I've tried, EU has got to be the nicest looking by far. The whole environment immersion is incredible. Make me kid of wish it really existed.

Back