Are you sick of being called Noobs?

I am not a Noob or Mid-level or Uber plyer so what are i...yes...I know - I am a money maker to MA.

Pretty much no one who is emotionally stable cares (disclamer - I did not read the entire topic, so no offense to anyone :twocents:).

The thing is, if the term "n00b" becomes synonomous with the word "newbie," which it pretty much has at this point, the original meaning of the word is unimportant since the concept which is meant to be conveyed by the word "n00b" is that which was originally conveyed only by the word "newbie."

The same thing is true for racially questionable words. The "N-word" for example, is itself morally neutral, but is sometimes, and was originally, used for morally negative purposes. This does not mean that a person who speaks such a word is racist, nor does it mean that refraining from the word causes one to be more open-minded.

It is not productive to avoid using the term "n00b," whether or not you consider a newer player inferrior in some way. However, it may be productive to change the way in which you view or speak about certain newer players.

Nah, I love being called a noob. Its like a pet name, such as "honeymunch".

and put a k in front maybe?

but no rosa? :D :yay:

To me a noob and a newb is the same :D

Oh and if you dont want to be called a noob you shouldnt wear shogun, even its the best armor for noobs and not noobs (best overall protection for low mobs, and enough protection for most mid lvl mobs for skilled players)

But I like to call players noobs when they act noobish ingame even if they supposed to be uber.

Entnoobia Universe!

<------ Major Noob! :yay:

Okay this rubs me up the wrong way every now and again.

Why do we have to call them noobs?

It seems like such a derogatory term, cant we call them Newbies? or something else.

Noob is quick to be used as an insult, cant we change it? :laugh:

NIB

msg to short blabla (niblet is already reserved for me lol)

words that come to mind.....

Nib
Nub
Niblet
noobion
noober

A small variety I use constantly amongst friends ingame. in reply they call me ...

Nib
Nub
Niblet
noobion
noober

errr.......who cares , don't break your head over it , from what I see the noob terminology is mostly used for fun.

I know , I know , in some situations as for example deliberate mobtraining , mobstealing , false trading etc.... the word is also used , but in those cases I believe using the term noob is not even worth using , common what kind of a curse is that anyways....

GR noobs ;)

Castro

EDIT : whoaa !!! scrolling back I realise everyone is using the above and I was thinking it was kinda original , i mean it :)

What a noob am I ffs !!!! rofl

NIB

msg to short blabla (niblet is already reserved for me lol)

Hah you are a true nib because a non-noob would know how to get past the "message to short" thingy.

I will show it in my next "double-post" ;)

PS dont ban me its for a cause.

I like b00bs ... n00bs are good too I suppose :laugh:

Last edited:
Well according to some sources:
Newbie = New player trying to learn
Noob = Older player who still sucks/whiner

:rolleyes:

I thought it was

Noob: New to the game, learning.
Nub: Will never learn.

In a world where we can't just say be back later, we have to say bbl.... who cares ;)

I'm sick of being called uber when I am still a noob.

Who's the knob that necro'd this thread?

Sweet! Necro love!

btw, why change noob? Over sensitized much? Much like Retard became bad. People stat using it as a form of abuse and we change it to Mentaly Challenged. (and I think it changed even more)

damn nibs

Posted via Mobile Device

Noob isnt bad word, its acronym for newbie which stands for beginner.

Noob isnt bad word, its acronym for newbie which stands for beginner.

No its nooooot!

Newbie is the beginner!

Noob is the older player that acts like a beginner :)

Well at the end we are all noobs, so don´t bother about the word noob.

Feel free to call me noob everytime you meet me ingame :D

got same yellow clothes on me for years, noob 4ever :D

You pro or you noob, thats life.

I always found "n00b" to be a cute word :) as some says; it means newbie - beginner! And we have all been that (and some of us still are when it comes to a few stuff :lolup: ) ... We use the word Newbie now in our Adopt a Newbie Foundation on EP - but I actually recently changed newbie to Newcomer instead. Dunno, just sounds better. But it's not because I find the word "n00b" to be negative at all.

Title of Newbie, Nub, Noob, Nubcake, El Classico Newbie etc I all carry with pride.

More Nubness for for everyone!

Even though the word noob is some time used as derogatory especially on EF (i.e. don't post in an adult thread... noob), I think these instances are very few to be considered a problem.

It's nothing wrong with the term (as MANY pointed out already, it's an issue with how some are using it.

Back