Question: Ares and Alicenies

psyche

Guardian
Maiko pSyCHe Jin-Jay
I noticed that the MU for Ares and Alicenies have changed. Ares went up and Alicenies went down. Did the mining change, change the drop rate of these resources? I'm sure there were other resource that got affected, but as a new enmatter miner these are the resources that I noticed.

Yes last December MA shuffled a lot of resources around but did not tell anyone about it. As a result, there are currently several ores and enmatters that are at the lowest they have ever been in the entire history of EU, e.g. Energized Crystal Cell, Alicenies, Megan Ingot, Iron Ingot, Zinc, Cumbriz, etc... And there are several ores and enmatters that are at the highest that they have ever been, e.g. Antimagnetic Oil, Light Liquid, Ares powder, Garcen, Erdorium, Quantium, etc...

Resource availability in regions was changed last December. One of best changes IMO since it removed a lot of the waves miners had to deal with. Now you have a chance to get any enmatter/ore in a region regardless of if its wave time or not. Don't know if they removed waves from all places, but I like no waves since it is more fair and allows everyone to have a fair playing field in regards to rare ore/enmatter. Of course some resources may need to be adjusted to be more common/rare, but I think MA did a good job with the change.

definitely a interesting change to make. I do like that there's no more wave mining. That is a big plus for me! I didn't like how all the miners have to wait for the "right time" to play. Very strange to have wave in the first place.

Once people figure it out, its like: hmm I want to play some Entropia Universe. Oh wait, I have to wait for 30 more minutes to play. :laugh:

I'm curious besides the MU of the resource that got affected, did anything else get affected too? did it affect the MU of the items crafted using these resources? Wonder if that made a good impact on the overall balance of the game. Must be a confusing time to be a trader with so much MU changes for so many items and resources

They will gather some data for say a year and compare to before and after. If they see better activity in mining side during this time, they will continue with this. Else will be smart to revert. Let's see how it turns out as Mu = profit anyway ✌

Wait, what, no more waves? Omg I want to play.

Back