Argonaut

Status
Where cam I find Raiders and Scavengers now? MA removed my most convenient spawn :ahh: although it did have a slight Warrior and Hunter problem :laugh:

Where cam I find Raiders and Scavengers now? MA removed my most convenient spawn :ahh: although it did have a slight Warrior and Hunter problem :laugh:

There are lots around Tukar but that includes Hunters and the occasional Warrior. I found a decent-looking spawn of Raider/Scavenger around 67300 69300 but I didn't check it out properly, might be worth a look.

Hunt

For hunting Young Argos is a Gnome Armour Set very good... and cheaper like Rascal... I try it!... see my Album!...:wtg:

what's a good relatively affordable gun/amp to use on Argonauts (unlimited). I've got the emergency armor, need a bigger weapon. don't care about ammo costs, not gonna use it all the time. at least until I get my scores up there. I normally use pixie/opallo/A-101. My emergency setup is Ghost/Justifier MKII/E-amp 14. Don't know if the gun is big enough, I've stayed away from the argonauts so far.

Well

what's a good relatively affordable gun/amp to use on Argonauts (unlimited). I've got the emergency armor, need a bigger weapon. don't care about ammo costs, not gonna use it all the time. at least until I get my scores up there. I normally use pixie/opallo/A-101. My emergency setup is Ghost/Justifier MKII/E-amp 14. Don't know if the gun is big enough, I've stayed away from the argonauts so far.

At Young Argo is enough Pixie with Opalo & A-101, but for bigger Maturity you can live with that! Ghost/Justifier &E-amp 14 is to:wtg: strong, good maybe for Argounaut Hunter...:wtg:

well that's good to know, I don't have to run from them anymore. Although the field full of them I had to sneak through last night would have taken ten people so equipped to take them out. I had a cluster of them right infront of me that must have counted about sixty of them.. I mean they were clumped together like swarming honeybees. There were scores of them besides that in the field. It was pitch dark too although I have a night vision scope that's a lifesaver. And there were Argonauts damned near everywhere else I went too! I made it to Port Atlantis, Neverdie was holding court at the TP, all of a sudden there were Argonauts charging down the street at the Transporter. They got shot down in short order. I have never seen that. Does that happen sometimes or was somebody at Mindark screwing around with Neverdie? Figure he's high profile enough and probably has a few friends at Mindark that they screw with him sometimes. :handgun::bull:

thanks to your info, ciuciulix, I went up north of twin peaks to try it out. What a rush. First, I killed one or two, then they ganged up on me and killed me. After that I put on the ghost and went back..there were at least five other guys up there and we waffle stomped argonaut asses for like a half hour until I ran low on ammo. Those things can't touch ghost, i didn't realize how tough it is. I was fighting them 2 at a time, they are really aggressive. then another would come up behind me, someone else would come up and lure it off me, then when I was done someone else would be getting ganged up on, I'd go help him out, nothing like teamwork. half hour of getting hit on, the armor only had .9 ped decay. not bad. I think my pixie would have cost much more to fix. when I ran out of ammo and took off, the server was still pumping out the argos, and more folks were running that way. Of course the loot sucked, I sold it at the tt and got 12 ped. but I didn't do it to make money, I did it for REVENGE...SWEET REVENGE... :dance:

Preparations

Argos attack was noticed on Fort Ares, too,
but that looked like close-space combat :handgun:

I'm switching from PowerFist to laser weapons,
will see, is it hard w/o Manticore Deathbringer ME

As for Raiders, around Tukar TP u can found enough,
other spot (but duno maturity, seen n Hunters there)

is on island in big lake NW from Athena Spaceport TP.

Last edited:
Looted this today from an Argonaut:

Something different than the Knight Thigh F. :)

Does it decay when you HoF?

Where are i find argonauts that have loot?? cos been playing this whole month and all i get are no loots

Last edited:
Looted this today from an Argonaut:

Something different than the Knight Thigh F. :)

Can u pls add it to entropedia as I don't see any item like that listed:yay:

Would shogun armor, breer m2a and amp a101 work to get this mob down?

I think youd be ok on the young and adults. Pixie and 2A plates might be a preferable choice of armor.

I think youd be ok on the young and adults. Pixie and 2A plates might be a preferable choice of armor.

I've used M2/A102/Shogun for argos up to Scout. With a gun that small, though, you need to manage aggro well; and the NE of Twin spawn tends to drop them right on top of you without warning.

The same armour with Riker UL2 and A103 does the job just fine, and you don't have to worry much about aggro then. I've killed Argo Gatherer with that setup, too.

For Argos, Paladin might work well; it has somewhat more protection for the damage types that Argos actually do. But how much armour do you want to collect? :)

Add a FAP and you will be OK as long as you only take on one at a time and don't encounter any Hunters.
Swap the m2a for (say) an m4a and it will be much easier.

you should look into buying an a102 amp instead of the a101. it is cheaper, gives you better economy and dps. this will make the argos quicker to kill therefore reducing armor decay.

i have tried argo with m2+a102 and while it is doable even in pixie armor, its probably better to wait until you have riker 2 maxed for that mob. its your game however, so do what is fun for you

I hunt Argos NE of twin with m2a+A102 and shogun. As a fap i use T5 and i'm doing well with it. Just stay outside the big spawns and tag the mobs out of the herd.

Odd...

was there today, only saw HUGE maturity Bery....

Odd...

was there today, only saw HUGE maturity Bery....

they are not on the east trail on top of the hill all the time anymore there are some North if you follow the path out to the woods

you can follow the trail east past the bery's and get there also.

Thank you for your replies. I'll prob buy pixie or gnome armor to use when hunting argonauts. But I still got to do two hunts on boring mobs like daikiba with my opalo; that's 10K in ammo. After that I've probably maxed breer m2a and then I'll buy it.

But f**k... Daikies are so boring.

One more thing tho, is goblin armor better to use against argonauts than pixe/gnome? 'cause that's the armor I've right now. That's the armor a fella told me as a noob to buy from him, 'cause it was a good suit for my mobs. As hell it was.

Thank you for your replies. I'll prob buy pixie or gnome armor to use when hunting argonauts. But I still got to do two hunts on boring mobs like daikiba with my opalo; that's 10K in ammo. After that I've probably maxed breer m2a and then I'll buy it.

But f**k... Daikies are so boring.

One more thing tho, is goblin armor better to use against argonauts than pixe/gnome? 'cause that's the armor I've right now. That's the armor a fella told me as a noob to buy from him, 'cause it was a good suit for my mobs. As hell it was.

Argo's do Impact / Cut damage, which makes Pixie / Gnome / Rascal a better choice than Goblin.

Feel free to use Goblin as that is what you have, it just misses the cut component and will offer less protection.

Argo's do Impact / Cut damage, which makes Pixie / Gnome / Rascal a better choice than Goblin.

Feel free to use Goblin as that is what you have, it just misses the cut component and will offer less protection.
Thankee-sai! :)

I just want to find a good combination, you know, 'cause I'll spend lots and lots of ammo on argonauts. :)

These fuckers don't loot shit! On 5k ammo I get like 15-20PEDs. And after that I got to repair for 25PEDs, and I won't afford a breer m2a L everytime my breer m2a L breaks.

Fuk. :( I guess I'll have to deposit again in the end of the month, 'cause very soon from now my PEDs will be gone, even tho I have been very careful with what I've spent them on.

These fuckers don't loot shit! On 5k ammo I get like 15-20PEDs. And after that I got to repair for 25PEDs, and I won't afford a breer m2a L everytime my breer m2a L breaks.

Fuk. :( I guess I'll have to deposit again in the end of the month, 'cause very soon from now my PEDs will be gone, even tho I have been very careful with what I've spent them on.

That can happen some days and on some runs.

Status
Back