Arkadia Forum super buggy?

AckerZ

Old Alpha
Society
Dirty Dingos
Anonymous AckerZ Anonymous
Is anyone else able to use the planet Arkadia Forum, I joined recently and have had nothing but non stop page load errors and bugs preventing me from engaging on there.

Could be my devices but just want to be sure.

works on opera too. I think a lot of sites are going to be dead when flash is officially no longer in chrome.

Is anyone else able to use the planet Arkadia Forum, I joined recently and have had nothing but non stop page load errors and bugs preventing me from engaging on there.

Could be my devices but just want to be sure.

Its a problem with Flash, i think its only for Chrome users.

...and Edge users (since it is based on Chromium). Another problem with the site is the expired certificate (since August 2019) and some http traversals (which are not supported anymore by Chrome based and in a few weeks will break on Firefox as well).
Can understand that getting away from flash will take some work, but seriously? An expired certificate ? On a web server ?
Lets encrypt may not be the best choice, but is installed quite easily and auto updates just fine.
And even a "real" certificate does not break the bank nowadays.

...and Edge users (since it is based on Chromium). Another problem with the site is the expired certificate (since August 2019) and some http traversals (which are not supported anymore by Chrome based and in a few weeks will break on Firefox as well).
Can understand that getting away from flash will take some work, but seriously? An expired certificate ? On a web server ?
Lets encrypt may not be the best choice, but is installed quite easily and auto updates just fine.
And even a "real" certificate does not break the bank nowadays.
They aren't the first Planet Partner to run with expired certificates, unpaid isps holding the site etc. You'd think Mindark could be some accountability in to that in the monthly or yearly contract they set up with planet partners, but I guess they don't think in those terms when creating the documents to sign on the dotted lines?

Heck, even here at PCF there was a data breech a while ago, and a while before that there was some malware in some ads on the forum, etc. Dung happens, guess it's a good thing some avatars know how to pick it up.

They aren't the first Planet Partner to run with expired certificates, unpaid isps holding the site etc. You'd think Mindark could be some accountability in to that in the monthly or yearly contract they set up with planet partners, but I guess they don't think in those terms when creating the documents to sign on the dotted lines?

Unpaid hosters?
I mean, Arkadia Forum is hosted by german hoster Hetzner, not really one of those expensive ones. AFAIK they also do not take it very kindly when you do not pay for a few months and shut you down quickly. So for me it looks more like an oversight, can not imagine that Arkadie doe not have a few hundred EUR to pay their hosting bills (and have their certificate fixed, even a cheap one bought only costs around 60 EUR per year)

Back