Arkadian Underground Deed scam or mistake in auction

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Hi
Just a heads up that some dude I can't name publicly as per forum rules has listed 1 AUD for 1200Ped.
Now if this a mistake on his part then I would suggest he remove it. If this is a deliberate act to catch some sleepy player thinking its a CLD for a good price, then it's very poor form.

Cheers
Bjorn

Not scam, but just trying to trick ppl, no scam involved. we cant dictate prices for sellers, as it is supply and demand economy, if he believes someone will pay that much, its his choice.

other than that there are thousands of auctions without buyout on auction.. which all could be seen as scams, as sleepy players can bid on them.

I think easiest would be - not to play when sleepy.

But i agree, that certain players do it very often.. but there is nothing MA can do, or should do about it.

Sure you can!

I called people out here on that twice simply by posting in the greetings and messages center. Just make sure to ask the question properly and not jumping to conclusions too fast: Of the two people I asked about one had made an honest mistake while the other was doing it to, not scam per se, but taking advantage of people's mistakes. <removed>.

Point is; Honest mistake is always an option <removed>.

Last edited by a moderator:
The next thread will be entitled, help I thought I bought a CLD and it turned out to be an AUD!

The next thread will be entitled, help I thought I bought a CLD and it turned out to be an AUD!

Yup, but you cant blame others for your mistakes. Its like saying "I was sleepy and drunk and had sex with my neighbour, thinking she was my wife." and then saying it was your neigbours fault, that she was so pretty and wore similar dress to your wives.

Sure you can!

I called people out here on that twice simply by posting in the greetings and messages center. Just make sure to ask the question properly and not jumping to conclusions too fast: Of the two people I asked about one had made an honest mistake while the other was doing it to, not scam per se, but taking advantage of people's mistakes. <removed>.

Point is; Honest mistake is always an option <removed>.

<removed>

Yeah I see this kind of tricks all the time, saw a basic pump (or some crap TT food BP) with the SB at 1.99 and BO at something like 1000101 lol Maybe a mistake that one

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
Just a heads up that some dude I can't name publicly as per forum rules has listed 1 AUD for 1200Ped.
Now if this a mistake on his part then I would suggest he remove it. If this is a deliberate act to catch some sleepy player thinking its a CLD for a good price, then it's very poor form.

Cheers
Bjorn

is this dude you cant name a PCF forum regular ?

Hi

Cheers
Bjorn

You give bad thoughts to youth! :laugh:

Its like saying "I was sleepy and drunk and had sex with my neighbour, thinking she was my wife." and then saying it was your neigbours fault, that she was so pretty and wore similar dress to your wives.

... I'm moving to Estonia...:yay::girl:

Yup, but you cant blame others for your mistakes. Its like saying "I was sleepy and drunk and had sex with my neighbour, thinking she was my wife." and then saying it was your neigbours fault, that she was so pretty and wore similar dress to your wives.

LOL that's not a mistake :laugh:

hqdefault.jpg

I see this all the time, almost weekly

Is this a scam or what!?!?

Mann I walked on the Ferrari car lot the other day and they had a car that was $1.2 million dollars!!

I just dont get it!

you can buy a Dodge neon for $600 bucks.. but a 1.2 million dollar car!!! that's gotta be a scam!!
Mannnnnnn
Scam Scam Scam.

Don't reply to me. that's probably a scam too.

How is this a scam lol?

The 1200 aud is a bad one, but here is what happens;

CLD 1440
CLD 1430
CLD 1425
AUD 1420

People order per price and do not expect to find an aud up there; they are careless and buy the aud. Listing items with the intention of praying on people's mistakes is perhaps not a scam, but it is unethical. If this was the real world, I am quite certain you could end up prosecuted for it and eventually declared guilty to some type of economic crime.

The 1200 aud is a bad one, but here is what happens;

CLD 1440
CLD 1430
CLD 1425
AUD 1420

People order per price and do not expect to find an aud up there; they are careless and buy the aud. Listing items with the intention of praying on people's mistakes is perhaps not a scam, but it is unethical. If this was the real world, I am quite certain you could end up prosecuted for it and eventually declared guilty to some type of economic crime.

If u browse for CLD's u write "Calypso" in search window. If you browse for AUD's you write "Arkadia" in search window. They are never in same table that way.

If u browse for CLD's u write "Calypso" in search window. If you browse for AUD's you write "Arkadia" in search window. They are never in same table that way.

I do that too, but there are plenty of people who don't.

I've started writing full item name after doing a few mistakes myself, like buying ore when I wanted ingots or conductors when I needed springs. The auction is a dangerous place for careless people.

Yeah true on those items. But for example if you type Level 2 (L) blueprint, then it will show level 12 bps also... (i dont know why.. but it does) so have made this mistake and bought wrong bp .

Yeah true on those items. But for example if you type Level 2 (L) blueprint, then it will show level 12 bps also... (i dont know why.. but it does) so have made this mistake and bought wrong bp .

They just changed some months ago "search pattern" from strict by default to possibility make "soft" search in AH, ofc by default too. And of course didn't mention such important shit anywhere, yes - rendering bug fix of some blue socks is way more fucking important.

So, if you just type Level 2 in search, you will get results with Level 2, Level 12, Level 21 (if there would be shit like that) and etc.

If you wanna find something precise - search with "Level 2", and you will be happy, because you will get Level 2 Finder Amplifier Light (L) Blueprint, or Level 2 Finder Amplifier (L) Blueprint, or just simple Level 2 Finder Amplifier.

So, if you wanna be even more precise - write "Level 2 Finder Amplifier (L) Blueprint" and you will get only those bombs.

Just use "" shit.

PS: to make it more clear, such shit like: ue III ond impl

will return you Simple III Conductors Blueprint

Last edited:
I think it does not qualify as a scam, it seems however be "exploiting" the people nor paying attention. One thing i tell my disciples from the very beginning in EU is "Always be aware you are dealing with real money. So with everything you do, keep attention on WHAT you are doing. Mistakes can be expensive". I think that also applies here. :wise:

Mann I walked on the Ferrari car lot the other day and they had a car that was $1.2 million dollars!!

I just dont get it!

you can buy a Dodge neon for $600 bucks.. but a 1.2 million dollar car!!! that's gotta be a scam!!
Mannnnnnn
Scam Scam Scam.

Don't reply to me. that's probably a scam too.

For the analolgy to work, it would be the Dodge Neon that was priced at 1.2 million dollars.

You know, since the expensive AUD isn't the Ferrari of deeds, it's just the same old neon.

Reactions: Cly
Give a man a fish and he’ll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish entropia-auction and he’ll steal your fish :yup:

Listing items with the intention of praying on people's mistakes is perhaps not a scam, but it is unethical. If this was the real world, I am quite certain you could end up prosecuted for it and eventually declared guilty to some type of economic crime.

Assuming we grant that such an action would be illegal AND immoral in the real world, is even this much enough to conclude that such an action is immoral in Entropia? On the view that Entropia is not a game, but a virtual extension to the real world, it is plausible that such an argument could be made, but I think it's quite clear that Entropia, if perhaps ambiguous eight years ago, HAS evolved into what most people would consider a game. On the view that Entropia is a game, it doesn't seem at all obvious that virtual actions within the game, which mimic certain real-world actions, inherit the moral dimension of these real-world actions automatically, just by virtue of mimicking them. In fact, it seems clear that they do not; consider the question of whether it is morally wrong to kill someone in the ring at Twin for the sake of enjoyment, versus the question of whether it is morally wrong to kill someone in real life for the sake of enjoyment. I think there's clearly a difference based on the fact that the first act is virtual, within the context of a game.

Does the fact that the avatar will revive in game explain away the moral difference? I don't think it does. Some video games have a "Hardcore" mode, where killed avatars are lost forever, yet killing such an avatar in an environment that encourages PVP is still not morally equivalent to real-world murder.

Does the fact that real money is tied to Entropia explain it away? Clearly not, since any competitive game could be played for money. If we were to wager $100 on a game of chess, would the fact that real money is tied to the outcome make it immoral to take advantage of my game play mistakes? Would it make virtual actions which mimic immoral real-world actions (killing the queen) immoral?

This is not to say that nothing in Entropia is morally wrong; I agree that some things are. However, to demonstrate that an action in Entropia is wrong, one needs to make an argument that leads to that precise conclusion, not the conclusion that the action it mimics would be wrong in real life.

Back