Question: Armor Decay.

dimod

Guardian
Dim Dimod Simon
I have switched from rifle to pistol and my armor decay has gone up 10 times. How much of a impact will it have on my returns ?

Neligible. As long as you got reasonable DPS and don't get constantly mobbed your armor expenditure should only be 1% of your weapon cycle or less. Your DPP will be slightly down but you will get more skills and your returns shouldn't be changed. Armor decay is returned. may or may not be at the same rate as your return as expected by your looter/efficiency, that's hard to test, but at 1% of your cycle its not going to make much impact.

Maybe face a lower cat or increase damage then if you think it is an issue.
Not that it really matters as I said. but I use the ratio between armor decay vs overall cycle to determine whether or not I am appropriately geared for a task. I like to keep between 1.0%-1.5% as to not hurt my DPP too much.
Worst case scenario in my eyes when it comes to guessing armor decay return %, it could be as low as 86%, as this is about the base average with zero looter and zero efficiency. That's if the returns don't use your looter and efficiency metrics. But it also could well be the 95% ish that you would expect with middle efficiency and looter. Personally I wouldn't be surprised either way if this figure ever got revealed, but having a lower return rate would favour players that make smarter decisions regarding mob selection, and this makes sense to me.

.) with pistol you have lesser range = therefore you dont do more damage in the distance compared to a rifle
.) nowadays you get heal+armor decay back into your loot (but ofc not all , but around 70-80% guessed)
.) if you have too much armor decay, maybe your mob lvl is too big for your dps and evade lvl etc.
gl,
Eddie

If your armor/armor plate decay is more than 2% of your total cycle than, as a general rule of thumb, you are hunting bigger than what your current skills (dps and evade/dodge) can comfortably handle.

If you can't hunt smaller, then you can mitigate this by adding an Ares ring (or any offensive type of ring), taking HyperStim/DevaStim pills and/or using a ring/armor with an Evade/Dodge buff. You need to raise your dps and/or increase your Evade/Dodge.

PS: the numbers in your hunting log seem to show your defense costs are below 1% so totally fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: jak
Learn how to kite mobs in entropia, you can hunt a lot of Monsters without any decay @ all while using a whip

But yeah armor decay is returned

If your armor/armor plate decay is more than 2% of your total cycle than, as a general rule of thumb, you are hunting bigger than what your current skills (dps and evade/dodge) can comfortably handle.

If you can't hunt smaller, then you can mitigate this by adding an Ares ring (or any offensive type of ring), taking HyperStim/DevaStim pills and/or using a ring/armor with an Evade/Dodge buff. You need to raise your dps and/or increase your Evade/Dodge.

PS: the numbers in your hunting log seem to show your defense costs are below 1% so totally fine.
I have not posted results from my handgun runs yet. doing first run. will post after 50k cycled.

Back