armor while sweating

chairman

Hatchling
Society
The Guild
Syd Flo Ekdokee
Does it help to wear armor while sweating?Thanks.

Does it help to wear armor while sweating?Thanks.

It does help to keep you alive longer, but the extra sweat will probably not cover the decay of your armor.

I've heard that you'll skill somewhat faster if you sweat in armor or just take damage in armor. Any truth to that?

since you'll survive longer you might get more evade.....but I wouldn'r recomend sweating in armor. It cost you on the armor and the sweat rate seem to decrease.

Ok. Thanks for the information. Good to know.

Thx for the info.It helps.

I don't know how things are novadays, but...

Few years ago players encouraged newbs to use pixie while sweating. Possible causes:

- less irritating deaths and start-all-overs
- longer time of sweating/more sweat per hour
- very low pixie costs (almost unnoticeable if you got at least some evade skill)

Like I said, don't know how things are now, but if you decide to use one, chose pixie. And if my opinion matters - I would go for it. Even if you won't earn sweating for some time, you'll get lots of evade and less stress...

I don't know how things are novadays, but...

Few years ago players encouraged newbs to use pixie while sweating. Possible causes:

- less irritating deaths and start-all-overs
- longer time of sweating/more sweat per hour
- very low pixie costs (almost unnoticeable if you got at least some evade skill)

Like I said, don't know how things are now, but if you decide to use one, chose pixie. And if my opinion matters - I would go for it. Even if you won't earn sweating for some time, you'll get lots of evade and less stress...

Yeah that was when sweat was at 1.0 price, at 0.5, I wouldn't recommend sweating in armor unless its a very low protection type.

Yeah that was when sweat was at 1.0 price, at 0.5, I wouldn't recommend sweating in armor unless its a very low protection type.

Bodyguard (L) ?? :rolleyes: (1.5 impact protection, 3.0 penetration, and (L) for not paying for equiping/unequiping it).

Falagor
:bandit:

I never wear armour to sweat.

I've posted this in the past and am just pasting it here:

This is what I have found to be the most eco for these mobs:

Berycled Young & Plumatergus Young (14 impact dmg)
BodyGuard (L) + Armor Plating Mark.2C (markup on (L) will reduce eco)
dmg reduced to 2.5-9.5, 4.5 dmg protection for 0.24 pec (18.75 dmg/pec)

Settler + Armor Plating Mark.2C
dmg reduced to 3-10, 4.0 dmg protection for 0.22 pec (18.18 dmg/pec)

BodyGuard + Armor Plating Mark.2C
dmg reduced to 2.5-9.5, 4.5 dmg protection for 0.25 pec (18.15 dmg/pec)

Pixie (No plate) OVERPROTECTS = EXTRA DECAY = TERRIBLE CHOICE!
dmg reduced to 1-5, 9.0 dmg protection for 0.53 pec (15.64 dmg/pec)

Combibo Young (6.8 cut/10.2 impact)
dmg reduced to 2-10.5, 6.5 dmg protection for 0.37 pec (17.62 dmg/pec)

dmg reduced to 2-10.5, 6.5 dmg protection for 0.38 (17.24 dmg/pec)

dmg reduced to 1.5-10, 7 dmg protection for 0.41 (17.24 dmg/pec)

dmg reduced to 1-5, 12.0 dmg protection for 0.69 pec (14.98 dmg/pec)

Daikaba Young (1.4 stab/12.6 impact)
BodyGuard (L) Armor Plating Mark.2C (markup on (L) will reduce eco)
dmg reduced to 2.5-9.5, 4.5 dmg protection for 0.24 pec (18.75 dmg/pec)

BodyGuard Armor Plating Mark.2C

Settler Armor Plating Mark.2C

dmg reduced to 1-5, 9.0 dmg protection for 0.53 pec (15.64 dmg/pec)

Exarasaur Young (15 impact)
dmg reduced to 3.5-10.5, 4.5 dmg protection for 0.24 pec (18.75 dmg/pec)

dmg reduced to 4-11, 4.0 dmg protection for 0.22 pec (18.18 dmg/pec)

dmg reduced to 3.5-10.5, 4.5 dmg protection for 0.25 pec (18.15 dmg/pec)

dmg reduced to 1-6, 9.0 dmg protection for 0.55 pec (15.57 dmg/pec)

and the real kicker which makes this combo pro in my opinion:
Snablesnot-Male Young (12 acid)
Bodyguard or Settler + Armor Plating Mark.2C
dmg reduced to 1-7, 5 dmg protection for 0.30 pec (16.84 dmg/pec)

Goblin (No plate) OVERPROTECTS = EXTRA DECAY = TERRIBLE CHOICE!
dmg reduced to 1-3, 9.0 dmg protection for 0.48 pec (15.82 dmg/pec)

There's probably a few more other mob types which it works for as well, but I'm not about to list every one. The mature/old of the above mobs are also eco with this armor although you may start taking more damage than you want.

To my knowledge, using armor without acid protection and adding 2C plates is the only way to protect vs Snablesnot-Male Young without over protecting.

I don't know of any other armor combinations which will protect with such terrific eco against both impact and acid on these low level mobs.

This combo will cost you much more than a set of Pixie, but it is like combining Pixie and Goblin, so instead of having 2 sets, you only need one, and the one will be much more eco than either of the other two.

If you're not planning on hunting these mobs for long, it could be a waste to get this setup.

I was healing with SIB FAP, so going from 9-10 heal per pec to 17-18 dmg per pec cuts my heal costs and I spend more of my time sweating and less healing.

Get free decay on Bodyguard (L) from Fuega!
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-bodyguard-lifetime-warranty.html#post1659239

If anyone needs 2c plates, I know someone with a BP, PM me.

Since i had some time to play more with "armor advisor" on entropedia and was calculating few best armor + plate sets i think i have found a bit better than Bodyguard (L) + 2C plates Cyber :). And i think you might find this interesting. At least it is usefull more in some area :).

What i consider eco is getting best protection including lowest decay and not alowing overprotecting :). The set i have combined is better than Bodyguard (L) + 2C plates against Combibo young - mostly sweat-hunted mob :).

Combibo Young deals: 6.8 Cut, 10.2 Impact.
So bibo deals 8.5-17 dmg
If we do not want any overprotection we want to protect maximum 7.5 dmg. So even if bibo deal 8.5 we will see 1.0 dmg but it will still be without overprotecting.

Minimum bibo young damage = 3.4 Cut + 5.1 Impact.
Bodyguard absorbs 1.5 Impact: damage left = 3.4 Cut + 4.6 Impact
2C plates absorb 2 Cut, 3 Impact: damge left = 1.4 Cut + 1.6 Impact
Total minimal damage done = 3 dmg :)

Now consider this set: Pioneer (L) + 4C plates:

Pioneer absorbs 2 Cut, 2 Impact: damage left = 1.4 Cut + 3.1 Impact
4C plates absorb 3 Impact: damage left = 1.4 Cut + 0.1 Impact
Total minimal damage done = 1.5 dmg :)

Important is:
Pioneer (L) has only 100 durability less than Bodyguard (L)
4C have 1700 more durability than 2C
damage is divided more equally: Bodyguard (L) + 2C has: 1.5 + 5.0; and Pioneer + 4C has: 4.0 + 3.0; and dividing damage equally is better for eco :).

From entropedia info, armor adviser: combibo young:
Bodyguard (L) (108%) + 2C: eco: 17.34, average damage: 6.25
Pioneer (L) (108%) + 4C: eco: 17.92, average damage: 5.75
(optimal average damage is 5.25 = (1.0 + 9.5)/2. Optimal = considered without overprotecting).

So as you can see the set i have sugested has both eco and protection better :).

I am sure most people find this kind of stuff borring but it seems to me there are few left who might find this interesting (Cyber? :)).

Falagor

if you have a lot of evade -> you can wear armours to gather sweat, but I wont recommend you wear Hermes, unless you are sweating Rig closers...
hmm yeh

seriously wearing protective armours to sweat solo -> is very very very very very bad idea.

no matter how low cost it is.

better die and heal naturaly.

or sweat in group heheh

If you are not sure whom to believe then I would recommend you try it.
First go out without armour and sweat for (say) an hour and see how much sweat you get.
Next:
Make sure all your armour is 100% repaired.
Go out and sweat for an hour again and see how much you get.
Work out how much decay you have had on your armour.
Then you will easily see how much the extra sweat you got has cost.

If the cost of the extra sweat exceeds what you can get for it then you will know that it is NOT worth it. If the PED you get for the extra sweat is more than the decay then it IS worth it. Doing this will convince you far better than people giving you their opinions. (You can also start a thread on EF about it if you like)

Since i had some time to play more with "armor advisor" on entropedia and was calculating few best armor + plate sets i think i have found a bit better than Bodyguard (L) + 2C plates Cyber :). And i think you might find this interesting. At least it is usefull more in some area :).

What i consider eco is getting best protection including lowest decay and not alowing overprotecting :). The set i have combined is better than Bodyguard (L) + 2C plates against Combibo young - mostly sweat-hunted mob :).

Combibo Young deals: 6.8 Cut, 10.2 Impact.
So bibo deals 8.5-17 dmg
If we do not want any overprotection we want to protect maximum 7.5 dmg. So even if bibo deal 8.5 we will see 1.0 dmg but it will still be without overprotecting.

Bodyguard absorbs 1.5 Impact: damage left = 3.4 Cut + 4.6 Impact
2C plates absorb 2 Cut, 3 Impact: damge left = 1.4 Cut + 1.6 Impact
Total minimal damage done = 3 dmg :)

Now consider this set: Pioneer (L) + 4C plates:

Pioneer absorbs 2 Cut, 2 Impact: damage left = 1.4 Cut + 3.1 Impact
4C plates absorb 3 Impact: damage left = 1.4 Cut + 0.1 Impact
Total minimal damage done = 1.5 dmg :)

Important is:
Pioneer (L) has only 100 durability less than Bodyguard (L)
4C have 1700 more durability than 2C
damage is divided more equally: Bodyguard (L) + 2C has: 1.5 + 5.0; and Pioneer + 4C has: 4.0 + 3.0; and dividing damage equally is better for eco :).

From entropedia info, armor adviser: combibo young:
Bodyguard (L) (108%) + 2C: eco: 17.34, average damage: 6.25
Pioneer (L) (108%) + 4C: eco: 17.92, average damage: 5.75
(optimal average damage is 5.25 = (1.0 + 9.5)/2. Optimal = considered without overprotecting).

So as you can see the set i have sugested has both eco and protection better :).

I am sure most people find this kind of stuff borring but it seems to me there are few left who might find this interesting (Cyber? :)).

Falagor
Truely awesome figures Falagor dnt know why I didnt see this sooner :). I actually now own 4C plates but I have no idea where I can get Pioneer limited any suggestions? Cyber's comment was just as valid, this setup may only be gd on bibo youngs?

Back