Armour Scam

gen

Old Alpha
Genesis
Generally it would be unfair to post about other Avatars but I think due to the circumstances this will act as a warning to others. If you don't believe me then just becareful.

Please becareful if she approaches you and asks if you want to upgrade your armour, upgrade your weapons, upgrade your equipment, Etc.

She approaches you and says that for 100 PED she will upgrade your item to the next "level". She offers advice Etc. to reel you in so that you trust what she says.

If you hand over your armour she will walk to the Armour Construction Unit and press a few buttons. She will then say that she doesn't have enough "ingredients" to complete the upgrade and asks if you have anything else to complete the transaction which will take only a 20 seconds and you will get everything back and that she is not scamming and remember that you will get upgraded armour!

You might end up handing over everything to her (like I did on my second day on Entropia) but she will only say to you she needs just a little bit more ingredient before the machine gives her the upgraded armour to give back to you along with the "rest of your stuff".

Do not trust her with any item or PED.

Word of warning!!!

Avoid getting scammed by Lady Starfall Meteor!

If anyone else has been scammed by her then please post a reply - please bump this post so that no one else is scammed by Avatar: Lady Starfall Meteor!

Last edited:
Thanks for the warning. I assume you have also sent all this information to support? If not please do so. If enough file a support then that avatar will get blocked.

I'm guessing you got scammed as well - sorry to hear that. There are lots of other nice people in EU and I hope you have a better time of it. :)

PS - check out this thread
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46050
AmorJogo is not a scammer and it may help you out. Make sure you +ve rep him.

Last edited:
wow, to steal armor is bad enough, but then to try and squeeze even more stuff out of someone, thats just baAAAAAAAD :(

Avoid getting Scammed by Lady Starfall Meteor

Yes, I was scammed on my second day of playing.

Since then I have been a lot more careful. I did file a support ticket, unfortunately I wasn't given any of my items back even though I stressed it was my second day of playing and I doubt anything has been done to the Avatar in question. I was asked to read the scamming section of the Entropia Universe website.

If you are new to Entropia Universe make sure you read the Abuse / Scamming section of Entropia Universe's website so that you are INCREDIBLY careful when you transact in any trade or give anyone any items or PED.

The post really is just to warn others to avoid getting scammed by Avatar: Lady Starfall Meteor.

Fortunately for me I can afford to lose the items I've lost but for brand new or younger players this can drive them away for good.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. My husband got scammed on his first few days of playing - with the same type of scam so I know how it feels.

As I said - check out the charity post I put in - failing that if you ever see me in game - say hi and I'll see what I have in storage ;)

Good Luck

Xany

its too bad Mind Arch does not give a crap if you get scammed or not :( I reported scammers and was told thats how it is in real life :mad: If they wanted to they could help prevent scammers but they dont. I see and hear comertials for Real Life crap in game how hard would it be to post warnings on the same display screens? As for the rest of you that have already been scammed try spreading the word about the scams so other noobies won't get ripped off :cool:

Reactions: gen
Scammer i Twins

An Avatar (F) by the name of SweetDream BornForHOF Phoenix.. if using the old upgrade your armor scam, she just today came up to Zandrian and wanted to Upgrade his Vigi armor to Bear...
Ppl beaware of this sorts of things,, and do Plz report them to MindArk as soon as it happens, so that they can block them before they take any more things form the ones that don't know better,,,

DeMonNep2n :mad:

sorry to hear you have been scammed, but names won't help
scammers make another ava and the name is changed
what helps is spreading the words about the tactics, not the scammers themselves (this gives them a publicity they don't deserve anyway)
what is still a riddle for me, is that you actually trust someone
a) you know since 5 min with stuff that just taking to get it took far longer
b) someone on orange pants can do this
don't get me wrong, i have nothing against orange, i mean, when I sweat undercover you can see me in OJ too :) or newbies
but IF they would be able to upgrade armor, im sure they could get at least another pair of pants
c) the price of armors
maybe the best reason to let armors upgraded, but honestly, if it would be possible, would the armor prices at auction be that high?
why buying something at tt+300 if the next best armor upgrader can do this for 10 ped? armor prices would be far lower as they are
so, this not a reason for upgrade, more a confirmation of the fact that it won't work

sorry to hear you have been scammed, but names won't help
scammers make another ava and the name is changed
what helps is spreading the words about the tactics, not the scammers themselves (this gives them a publicity they don't deserve anyway)
what is still a riddle for me, is that you actually trust someone
a) you know since 5 min with stuff that just taking to get it took far longer
b) someone on orange pants can do this
don't get me wrong, i have nothing against orange, i mean, when I sweat undercover you can see me in OJ too :) or newbies
but IF they would be able to upgrade armor, im sure they could get at least another pair of pants
c) the price of armors
maybe the best reason to let armors upgraded, but honestly, if it would be possible, would the armor prices at auction be that high?
why buying something at tt+300 if the next best armor upgrader can do this for 10 ped? armor prices would be far lower as they are
so, this not a reason for upgrade, more a confirmation of the fact that it won't work

Of course you're entirely right Alice :) but I think if you've just started in EU you have no idea whether someone has the power to upgrade your armour or not regardless whether they are stark naked or in the infamous OJS :D As a Newbie you don't know anything about the game and for me all I did on my first day was go and buy all the neat gear I saw in the shop right away then pestered as many people that would speak to me to take me on a Hunt or show me the land and I trusted EVERYONE and everything they said.

Fortunately for me I have made some really good friends but also not being EU savvy was also scammed on the way... the hardest way possible since I'd just bought my first Full Set of Viking Etc...

A community such as EU generally has a good atmosphere but it's these low life's which drives Newbies away.

I think the thing is to pro-actively inform new comers about Scams so perhaps when people first login to EU there is a message informing them of how to protect themselves from Scams and certainly informing them about any Armour or Upgrade scams since these seem to be the most popular among the thieves out there.

Of course we can't tell whether MA actually does anything to offenders who are repeatedly reported which is why I mentioned the Avatar's name in question so anyone else who is scammed reports the same Avatar and hopefully takes some screenies to send along to MA and that Avatar is suspended.

Furthermore the application process to EU (I would have thought) there would be some sort of process in place which checks names against addresses in order to prevent repeating offenders from signing up new characters. Of course if someone uses a fake address the Avatar may still be created then I beggar to ask the question, what's the point of asking people to submit an application request if nothing is checked and all accounts are created anyway...

Fortunately for me I have made some really good friends but also not being EU savvy was also scammed on the way... the hardest way possible since I'd just bought my first Full Set of Viking Etc...

Problem isn't us who either learned it the hard way, or read about it on the forum or digged through MA website. One of my socmate got scammed and didn't even know he was scammed... he said "I gave her my armor and 2 neoforce mindforce implants, and told me she would return tomorrow with the armor, and she asked me not to tell anyone else". :duh:

The fact that MA warn about scammers has little importance, becuase *usually* that information is digged deep into the support pages, where an eager beginner probably won't look *until* the problem has happened.

I fouind the scammer, she was hanging around Port Atlantis, with non newbie clothes, however "she" was

A community such as EU generally has a good atmosphere but it's these low life's which drives Newbies away.

Problem isn't when newbies get scammed out of a few bottles of sweat, but when scammers trick slighly more experienced players (those who know armor and weapon stuff, but never cared about the risk of scamming).

I think the thing is to pro-actively inform new comers about Scams so perhaps when people first login to EU there is a message informing them of how to protect themselves from Scams and certainly informing them about any Armour or Upgrade scams since these seem to be the most popular among the thieves out there.
A key information line such as, "Be careful with who you trust. If you for any reason hand over any of your items to another avatar the other avatar will be the rightful owner of the item, regardless the circumstances. MindArk will never return them to you, even if the other avatar promised to return it and keep it as theirs, or if they persuaded you to hand over the avatar by a lie".
Of course we can't tell whether MA actually does anything to offenders who are repeatedly reported which is why I mentioned the Avatar's name in question so anyone else who is scammed reports the same Avatar and hopefully takes some screenies to send along to MA and that Avatar is suspended.
If you wanted to make a living as a scammer, you would have a "normal" avatar, who never directly was involved in scamming, and "goalkeeper" avatars who did the actual scamming. What MA can to is to slow down the process, by making it harder to register those "goalkeepers". However, people that in one way or the other, for instance region, matches the pattern of a scammer, and gets it tougher to register their avatar then start to scream "racists!" at MA. Of course, this calling can be for two reasons, either it's a legitimate player, or it's a scammer who get angry that MA tries to stop them. The same thing probably applies, when an avatar is shared between users, one of the platers that logs on as this avatar makes a living as a scammer, maybe using this avatar to pick up an item dropped by a goalkeeper, move it to point B, where it's picked up by the main scammer avatar. Then, some third player logs on using this avatar that's "floating around", and hence might be "tainted". (From MAs point of vew, it might look as another "goalkeper" calls for this "transpoter guy").
[/QUOTE]
Furthermore the application process to EU (I would have thought) there would be some sort of process in place which checks names against addresses in order to prevent repeating offenders from signing up new characters. Of course if someone uses a fake address the Avatar may still be created then I beggar to ask the question, what's the point of asking people to submit an application request if nothing is checked and all accounts are created anyway...

Well, people use proxies to register an avatar to bypass the checks done... and when MA catches an eye on this avatar (registered in one part of the world and used in another part of the world) he's mad that he's right- or wrongfully accused of being a potential scammer.

Scammer

Thanx for ur posting Gen. Actually read this a few days ago, but I've been approached by an avatar ingame today, JONATHAN THE BARON DENPSEY from the Society The Drow asking me if I would like to upgrade my part Vigi part Bear to a full Bear armour for +80 Peds. He went to the Armour contruction machine and asked me to take my armour off and give iit to him for the upgrade and even tried to add me as a friend. Well, I didnt go along with him, but thats another scammer avatar. I'd be embarassed to have him in my Soc tho.

MA is definitely able to track the steering avatar. The scamming avatar needs to get rid of the stuff. MA can track the trades. So if the scamming avatar gives the stuff to another avatar without any or with only low compensation and this happens regularly it is pretty clear who is pulling the strings.

(and I think dropping on the floor and picking up could also be detected by MA, passing stuff by dropping is pretty rare).

Thanx for ur posting Gen. Actually read this a few days ago, but I've been approached by an avatar ingame today, JONATHAN THE BARON DENPSEY from the Society The Drow asking me if I would like to upgrade my part Vigi part Bear to a full Bear armour for +80 Peds. He went to the Armour contruction machine and asked me to take my armour off and give iit to him for the upgrade and even tried to add me as a friend. Well, I didnt go along with him, but thats another scammer avatar. I'd be embarassed to have him in my Soc tho.

No problem. I think if we just make everyone aware of the Avatars in question at least it can at prevent some people from getting scammed. Whether people choose to believe it or not is another matter. If MA choose not to help people who have reported scams then at least as a Community we can make others who are new or even experienced wary of certain Avatars.

And, hopefully MA will read about these posts and investigate and hopefully even return some items to the unlucky people like me! :mad:

Me Too!

Hey thanks for this! I had exactly the same thing happen to me this morning, at Atlas Haven...different avatar.
Johnathan The Baron Denpsey

will add pic when I figure out how...

Back