Armours

ProActive Mango

Stalker
I just came back to the game and wanted to start hunting again, but...
There is no armours availible for what i want to do, sure... i can buy limited armours for everything in the game for 140%ish... that won't last me long in this game..
So im after a UL armour sence i want to grind... But atm there is only crap armours availible, sure.. guess thats fine.. sence only 10ppl should be able to play the "end game" Great thinking there MR Balancing manager..

Game needs more UL armours, may it be armour upgrade as on next island... but on other planets aswell.. sence not everyone like a snake armour look... im here for the scifi part not snakes on a plane feeling...

And while you do these new armour upgrades, implement 2sets of the same armour... 1set is bound to character.. and easier to obtain and cheaper.. the other set should be tradeble but should cost significantly more than the bound armour.

Just let us play the game and dont hold the playerbase back... we want to go forth....

Recent return player here also. I assume you’re looking on auction. Check player shops instead. There is a great selection at Twin Peaks Mall.

I did. There are a lot of UL armors in the player shops.

I did. There are a lot of UL armors in the player shops.

what armours? Gremlin, ghost? that is shit armours.

I just came back to the game and wanted to start hunting again, but...
There is no armours availible for what i want to do, sure... i can buy limited armours for everything in the game for 140%ish... that won't last me long in this game..
So im after a UL armour sence i want to grind... But atm there is only crap armours availible, sure.. guess thats fine.. sence only 10ppl should be able to play the "end game" Great thinking there MR Balancing manager..

Game needs more UL armours, may it be armour upgrade as on next island... but on other planets aswell.. sence not everyone like a snake armour look... im here for the scifi part not snakes on a plane feeling...

And while you do these new armour upgrades, implement 2sets of the same armour... 1set is bound to character.. and easier to obtain and cheaper.. the other set should be tradeble but should cost significantly more than the bound armour.

Just let us play the game and dont hold the playerbase back... we want to go forth....

So first of all you should understand that MA relies heavily on this scarcity of good unlimited armors to make people GRIND. It's not a coincidence, it's by design. So you say to MindArk:"Give us more mid to high-level unlimited armors!" and their answer is:"It's there all you have to do is go grind for it!"

Secondly, Limited armors last a lot longer than they used to, about 3 times longer as before. You can buy Tiger (L) or Martial (L) from the auction for around 108% and that will last a long time, probably a lot longer than you remember. They absorb more than 20hp/pec so do the math, Tiger has 680 TT, so that's 1,360,000 of damage absorbed, it will last hundreds of hours. I did a whole cost analysis on limited armors here: post #16

Also, since my shop thread has been linked above, I might as well mention that I bend over backwards to resolve that problem for folks in the game and the fact that I still have armors such as Phantom and Adjusted Nemesis in stock should be enough to prove that they are still available if that's what you're looking for.

Legends

So first of all you should understand that MA relies heavily on this scarcity of good unlimited armors to make people GRIND. It's not a coincidence, it's by design. So you say to MindArk:"Give us more mid to high-level unlimited armors!" and their answer is:"It's there all you have to do is go grind for it!"

Secondly, Limited armors last a lot longer than they used to, about 3 times longer as before. You can buy Tiger (L) or Martial (L) from the auction for around 108% and that will last a long time, probably a lot longer than you remember. They absorb more than 20hp/pec so do the math, Tiger has 680 TT, so that's 1,360,000 of damage absorbed, it will last hundreds of hours. I did a whole cost analysis on limited armors here: post #16

Also, since my shop thread has been linked above, I might as well mention that I bend over backwards to resolve that problem for folks in the game and the fact that I still have armors such as Phantom and Adjusted Nemesis in stock should be enough to prove that they are still available if that's what you're looking for.

Legends

Sure, i know where you come from legends. But Most of the ppl dont want to buy into your bussnies model and use limited armours and always have the struggle to find pieces.. perhaps you want to travel to another planet and your armour breaks... what now??
UL armours is a must if you want to grind, Limited armours is just for special moments when you want to try another armour or do something speficic but other than that Limited armours is trash.

And phantom and nemesis is a shit armour.. sry but you cant hunt even mid lvl mobs with those armours.

Limited stuff is for special moments and UL gear is for grinding. So game need alot of more UL gear or this game will NEVER see a growth of the playerbase... sure.. ppl will come and go but ppl wont stay if they struggle everytime to get your hands ona decent armour or weapon.

You are not mentioning plates, but if we take those in to account (+450 for a 5b set) and a phantom set, you should be good to go for mid level mobs..

If not, you might wanna take a look at other factors, it won't be the armor to blame

Sure, i know where you come from legends. But Most of the ppl dont want to buy into your bussnies model and use limited armours and always have the struggle to find pieces.. perhaps you want to travel to another planet and your armour breaks... what now??
UL armours is a must if you want to grind, Limited armours is just for special moments when you want to try another armour or do something speficic but other than that Limited armours is trash.

And phantom and nemesis is a shit armour.. sry but you cant hunt even mid lvl mobs with those armours.

Limited stuff is for special moments and UL gear is for grinding. So game need alot of more UL gear or this game will NEVER see a growth of the playerbase... sure.. ppl will come and go but ppl wont stay if they struggle everytime to get your hands ona decent armour or weapon.

My business model is not Limited armors, that's not it at all... I'm quite happy selling unlimited armors in my shops, in fact I carry just as many unlimited sets as I do limited. Only reason I got into crafting armors was because customers were asking for Pegasus and Perseus, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered. My business model is to do all the leg work and the searching and the dealing to find all the best armors out there, assemble full sets and make them all available in one place, side-by-side for easy comparison, so that people who don't want to spend the time looking for it can just come to my shop and get what they want. Simple, easy and convenient. It's all there for the most part. I don't have the end-game stuff like Perfected Gorgon or Modified Shadow but I'm also not a millionaire. Just the fact that I have Adjusted Jaguar shows I'm trying (I think). Anyway if you don't understand my business model than you shouldn't try to make assumptions about it.

I don't agree with you that Phantom and Adj Nemesis is shit armor. You can't hunt mid-lvl mobs with it?? Please define mid-lvl mobs so we know what we're talking about... In my books, mobs like Primordial Longu, Atrox, Leviathan, Araneatrox, Feffox, Aurli, ... are mid-level mobs. There's plenty you can hunt here with Phantom and Adj Nem.

If you're going to try and redefine mid-lvl to some higher mobs than this, let me just remind you how a character progresses in Entropia:

Noob level: You start out at Half-Moon Cove/Bay and Camp Icarus killing punies and baby mobs. Eventually, if you follow missions you end up at PA, and there, there is even more baby mobs but you graduate into Youngs like Exa youngs for example. You'll have to do that for a while (weeks) until you can eventually use a level 10 ArMatrix weapon and kill some slightly 'bigger' stuff.

Slightly less noob level: Once you graduate from all the baby mobs at PA and have the ArMatrix xx-10 maxed, you'll probably get into some level 3-8s, like Kerbs, Cornundacauda, Molisk, Calamusoid, Atrax, Argonaut, ...

Beginner hunter: Once you have done your time on the beginning mobs and have skilled up to the point where you can use something like a level 25 weapon efficiently, now you can hunt some mobs in the level 14-24 range, like for example most Allo/Esto spawns, Feffoids at Fort Fury, Atrox at Jurra and Ithaca, ...

Mid-Level: Everyone probably has a different definition of what a mid-level hunter and mid-level mob is, but as far as I'm concerned, I'd say mid-level starts when you have a level 40 weapon maxed (so level 45 hunter) and probably ends after you unlock Commando or somewhere around level 75 where you would graduate not into uber level but something more than just a mid-level hunter.

In that mid-level range there's plenty of mobs you can hunt with armor sets like Phantom and Adjusted Nemesis, you just have to throw the right plates on there and you should probably have some good healing tools as well but I know lots of hunters that still use these armors at level >50.

Anyway, I don't want to argue about this but there's a reason these higher-level sets are rare, it's not a coincidence. MindArk wants you to grind for them. And there are more ways then ever to grind for them now, not to mention that there are some great sets available on this forum right now as we speak, there's a set of FEN Angel for sale you could bid on for 28k and that's a good deal if you ask me, it's an amazing set. There's also a set of Merry Mayhem still available, another awesome armor.

--
About Limited armors, if you have the ped to buy an expensive unlimited set, then you have the ped to stock several parts of the limited equivalent. There's plenty of Martial available (usually, although it seems to have become a lot more popular now), just buy a couple extra piece of each part and you'll be all set for when you go to other planets. And martial drops also on Monria, on RT you can loot Stealth which is exactly the same, it's the mid-level armor 'par-excellence'. If you go to Ark then just stock up on parts before going. A full TT set of Martial is 486 PED and will last you several hundred hours, surely that will last you at least a couple of weeks of hunting non-stop, so you wouldn't even have to stock that much, honestly. Just like how people stock up on limited guns when they go to another planet for an event, it's the same with limited armor. (If a player can pay 114% for a limited ArMatrix rifle, why wouldn't he be able to pay 110% for a limited piece of armor? Something is wrong here if he refuses to do that imho...)

Anyway, if you must absolutely have an unlimited armor, there is some very good ones for sale on this forum right now.

Legends

Last edited:
Project Entropia was a great period, and everything was UL.

Problem was that prices went so high, that hunting anything big made it a full requirement to spend hundreds, if not thousand of dollars on equipment. if you couldent, then it was not possible to hunt at high levels, placing a very hard limit on most of the playerbase.

Limited was a very neccesary "evil" if you want to look it at that way, it made all areas of the game accesable to everyone again. We used to have min. decay on armors, making it a mess sometimes to match up mobs and armors, but that is gone today.

UL being a option instead of a neccesary thing is just a good thing.

I agree with the majority of what Legends stated. its pretty straight on

if they release more armours per capita it would not a be a big problem..

I dont understand.. dont mindark want ppl to hunt? do they want 90% of the playerbase to stand afk and enjoy the mincraft grafic?

its only a problem back in the day cuz there where like 10shadow sets and 15angels sets.... rest of the ppl had to use trash armours... the game limited how the players could engage the game, same as it is now.

If they implement armour upgrades to the masses, ppl and avatars can decide for themself if they want an uber armour or not by doing upgrade missions.

Perhaps add an upgrade mission for the ghost armour to perfected ghost? and pls ... remodel the caly armours if you ever do this..

if they release more armours per capita it would not a be a big problem..

I dont understand.. dont mindark want ppl to hunt? do they want 90% of the playerbase to stand afk and enjoy the mincraft grafic?

its only a problem back in the day cuz there where like 10shadow sets and 15angels sets.... rest of the ppl had to use trash armours... the game limited how the players could engage the game, same as it is now.

If they implement armour upgrades to the masses, ppl and avatars can decide for themself if they want an uber armour or not by doing upgrade missions.

Perhaps add an upgrade mission for the ghost armour to perfected ghost? and pls ... remodel the caly armours if you ever do this..

Yes upgrade-able Ghost was one of the suggestions I made to MindArk a couple years ago here in this thread: Armors 2.0

Back