ARS Team hunts vs big mobs

Welcome back Sub-Zero. I've been away for a few weeks lately. But I'm down for some exa hunting next week. Also let me know if there are any other planned hunts apart from the weekend.

Got my ARS ! So i'm in ! :yay:
Hi Nel. Glad to see your playing again and even more glad that u want to join in on some ARS hunting awesome :D. See you on some hunts soon.

Hi Nel. Glad to see your playing again and even more glad that u want to join in on some ARS hunting awesome :D. See you on some hunts soon.

Glad to see you too Mark ! see you soon :)

I would love to join to join too. Just recently maxed out my ARS and got myself an A101. When I get on later tonight I will try to add you Sub-Zero.

Hi all
Some know me allready i think i pm'ed some people allready ingame :)
Well i suggest for a gathering this friday(23/08) at 18.30 MA at cape corinth and see howmany people we get to do some teamhunts.Thats all

Hopelfully see u all there :)

I cant make this coming fridays hunt, sorry.

Hi again gonna put a list people that agreed on coming so we can see howmany supposed to come :)

Xrated La Tina
doc nocc jingles
Nelly Nel Nulipulser
Gallyon Luckycharm Sundstrand (i think Nel told me she was bringing him sorry my memory is a little bit damaged :D)
The "Fifth" Entity
Martin pmaniac Unlucky ( i think he told me he was coming not sure anymore)
Aj the-unknown Henry (if he is online and free)

i think we can kill until ambus whit his regen easy (if all show up)

wil add more on list when i know more

Last edited:
Hi again gonna put a list people that agreed on coming so we can see howmany supposed to come :)

Xrated La Tina
doc nocc jingles
Nelly Nel Nulipulser
Gallyon Luckycharm Sundstrand (i think Nel told me she was bringing him sorry my memory is a little bit damaged :D)
The "Fifth" Entity

i think we can kill until ambus whit his regen easy (if all show up)

wil add more on list when i know more

If I am online and free, I will be happy to come.

I might join, but anything can happen really. I'll message you tomorrow evening when I come online.

Sorry guys repeated ctd's and then called in to do work runs kept me out. Had fun though and keep me posted when the next one goes down.

Sorry guys repeated ctd's and then called in to do work runs kept me out. Had fun though and keep me posted when the next one goes down.

I keep CTD often when using ARS too, it's strange.. anyone else experiencing this ?

I keep CTD often when using ARS too, it's strange.. anyone else experiencing this ?
Yes, some of us have it more, others much less frequently or not at all.
It was pretty bad for me with prots (Eudoria spawn), but no problems whatsoever while hunting malcruentor. Go figure...

Another issue we were discussing is possible alternate setups. ARS is so rare weapon that getting even a team of 5+ online is not easy. Might get easier later, summer is always low activity.

Anyway, it might be worth to organize an alternate hunting party with some TT weapon, eg compare (all weapons amped with A101):
  • Herman CAP-TT R -----range 33.0m; dps 07.0; eco 2.907
  • Herman LAW-TT R ---- range 49.5m; dps 05.1; eco 2.883
  • Ancient Red Scorpion - range 60.5m; dps 10.9; eco 2.969
On the negative side, all stats are slightly worse: range, dps and eco.
On the plus side: it's cheap and there's unlimited supply. This might result in much bigger hunting parties > more fun > faster kills > bigger chances to hit the big one.

There's few more things to consider and i'm not sure it would work better than current ARS team.
Besides, i'm way too lazy to organize any new teams myself anyway. Only thinking out loud. ;)

Hello, I'll be doing ARS team hunts again. If anyone is interested, PM me here or in-game and i'll invite you to join #ARS in-game.
It will be invite only to prevent anyone from joining (only ARS owners can join).

Same rules as in the past.

ps: I'm currently on calypso.
ps2: Moving to a new house in the next few days so I may not be around for a few days until I get settled.

Would be awesome +1 :D

Might be fun to hire a few imp/mod fappers and hunt dasp with ARS :)

Might be fun to hire a few imp/mod fappers and hunt dasp with ARS :)

Didnt a bunch of people hunt dasps with opalo / a104s or something years and years ago?

hehehe

Didnt a bunch of people hunt dasps with opalo / a104s or something years and years ago?
Back then u could use big amps on tiny guns. Opalo+a104 was 8+14=22 max damage. Entropedia doesn't show any more what was the dps with that setup, but i suppose it was 11-ish dps ("newschool").

Ancient Red Scorpion + A101 = 10.9 dps - pretty much the same.

We have hunted prots already with a pretty small ARS team, that was easy-peasy because prots are so slow. Dasp is much faster thou and has twice the HP - sounds like some serious fun! :D
Count me in. I'll drop everything, grab my trusty ARS and fly straight to FOMA whenever u decide to go for it.

hehehe

If we get 10-12 people with ars we can do it. Daspletor doesn't regen as far as I know.
It will be a lot of deaths though. But a whole lot of fun!

I personally would like to try proterons first though as trial ;)
6 ARS should be enough 54,5 dps (since one will always be running).

Whoever is game this week for some ARS team hunt vs longtooth or equivalent add me in-game or PM me on forum and I'll invite you to my ARS channel. I'll try to gather a team today.

Back