News: Art Exhibition Goes Live

sir odd

Jack of All Trades
odd sir odd bunny
Player Art Exhibit Opens to the Public

artwork1_2.jpg
For the first time, player created artwork is now being displayed in the New Oxford 'Hall of Fine Arts' building. There you can see over 40 pieces of art made by Entropians, each artist bringing something new and different to the table. Players also have the option of buying some of the artwork for their ingame living quarters, or even their real life ones.

__________________​

[wrap=right]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/4/9/1/artwork2_3.jpg[/wrap]Friday marked the first day that the New Oxford Art Gallery would be on display for public viewing. Forty art pieces would be on display for everyone to see, varying in size and complexity.

This is the first time player created artwork has been displayed for public viewing in New Oxford, which began Friday and will run through May 14th.

Many colonists arrived on the first day to see and marvel at some of the work of their fellow entropians. Some were by colonists who are known by the EU/EF community (Abremalin, Silva Mak, and Jamhot to name a few), and others who are newcomers to the artistic spotlight.

Also on display in the Fine Arts building are screenshots of Entropia Universe, rendered by the new CryEngine 2 graphics. These can be seen on the second floor in the main lobby.

To view the artwork gallery, visit your local teleporter and go to New Oxford, located on Amethera. Head west along the long road, then enter the building to the right of the large deer building. When you enter the Fine Arts building, turn left and you will enter the gallery.

artwork3_4.jpg

Spike looks for his shirt while an onlooker views art made by other colonist.

Most recent news thread in EF:
Participant Art Exhibition III

Layout of the art gallery and information on the artist:
Participant Art Exhibition Info

Some great looking stuff on the walls there. Did a quick visit there already, but I'm definitely going back to have a closer look at all the art.

Nice report my dear Odd Bunny ... I will definitely take a trip to New Oxford and check in on this for sure. It's nice that the art gallery is being used for player artistic endeavors as well. Way to go MA. :thumbup:

Jamhots ode to Kostabi just plain rocks! :laugh:

Great Article Sir Odd!

( Btw. I am the onlooker viewing Jamhots 'p1$$3d off n00b', Fame! At last!)

Great Article Sir Odd!

( Btw. I am the onlooker viewing Jamhots 'p1$$3d off n00b', Fame! At last!)

I am the onlooker viewing Psychodadiks' 'Seasons' which is one of many favourites I have

Thats my 'Fishing Slip' photo on the left of JamHot's 'p1$$3d off n00b' in the bottom shot too

I like your 'Energy Flow' one too, I didn't recognise your EF name, but I noticed the image in your sig :)

Nice reporting Sir Odd, thanks :)

I haven't been in yet, so I might try to get a look tonight now that I've got WoF over for the weekend.

Having seen the sneak preview here in the article, I can certainly say I'm looking forward to my visit :)

I am the onlooker viewing Psychodadiks' 'Seasons' which is one of many favourites I have

Thats my 'Fishing Slip' photo on the left of JamHot's 'p1$$3d off n00b' in the bottom shot too

I like your 'Energy Flow' one too, I didn't recognise your EF name, but I noticed the image in your sig :)

Nice reporting Sir Odd, thanks :)

Many thanks sir, I Enjoyed your Ibiza vacation Pics to. ^^

Jamhots ode to Kostabi just plain rocks! :laugh:

Agreed !! :yay:
Still think that MA went about this 'exhibition' all wrong ... but it's their video game world - not mine.

Jamhot's is awesome!! :rofl:
Also - Silva Mak has some very nice work, there.

Can't wait to see what comes of this .. and when. :laugh:

Ty for the story Bunny, missed the opening in the bustle of other things. Will pop round to have a look, glad to see your mom's artwork got sorted Spawn :)

I went and thought it was pretty cool. Would be nice to see more in the future. :yay:

Yep this is an awesome event. Thanks for all the compliments! Glad some liked my piece.

There are some truly amazing artists in EU and this exibition shows that! Well done to all involved!

Jamhot

some very good and inspring pieces and cry pics i've not seen b4 :) well worth a trip to the gallery.

Still not found my shirt LOL

Great article Sir Odd :)

And first and foremost, some truly great stuff in that hall. I love all of them for different reasons. A very nice diversion from the killing of mobs to wander about that hall and take it in. I have my favourites, but fully appreciate the work of every one in there :)

Ty for the story Bunny, missed the opening in the bustle of other things. Will pop round to have a look, glad to see your mom's artwork got sorted Spawn :)

Thx.. The frame for Abebi isn't the best, but nothing else was available on auction and time was running out. On Calida I had to introduce black lines on both sides of the painting because my Mom didn't want me to stretch the painting.
Special thanks go out to Lykke for lending me the church of lootius to get the paintings onto the screens

I like the exhibition a lot because of the many different styles. In real life an exhibition like this would not be possible.. An exhibition that has a global audience with so many different styles.

I took a look at New Oxford once I seen this and I was actually impressed. There are lots of nice pieces there.

jams is my fav i think ;)

Nice report! Those pictures there look awesome! I appreciate everyone who can do such fine pieces of art.

I like the one by JamHot :)
Quite funny.

Apart from that, I like the photography. The kind of stuff I'd put on my wall (well, some)

Went there yesterday but unfortunately only had time to see a few before lagg destroyed the experience for me :mad:

Today it was a lot better. Great stuff, gratz to all of you. Will be checking in during the week to see what artwork is for sale, there are a few pieces i am intrested in.

Live SCulptures on display

during the exhibition there will be live sculptures, Simon , Jot , slay and Jing

we will move and say hi for 10 eurocent lol enjoy the show :yay:

please come and animate us :yay:

Jing! I want to move! I have such an itch on my arm!

Ohh wow, It is an honor to be mentioned in this post! I am very happy to share my art with the entire Entropia community. I have made so many friends here and its has been a great ride so far.

I checked out the art that was hanging.. lots of really great stuff. I'm just glad that people are starting to use player content more than when it first came out.

It has caught on nicely.. Now where are those new frames MA? :)

-Abremalin

some really nice pieces, but that's really an event with 50/50 for FPC... 50 bad (lot of players agrees with that) for FPC about the upload system/way offering to artist, you should make it easier, and 50 good .. cause of artists who really submit good pieces !

The two from François Denis Vassiviere (#29 ane #30) are from my dad, i'am the email adress contact so if you are interessed you can send me a PM ;)

A great outlet for Calypso Creativity!

I particularly liked Silva’s art and there were some others that also jumped out at me. I wish I could remember all your names…
Abremalin, it was wonderful seeing your art again at the show! Your images are always incredibly beautiful – and I agree; there are SO many wonderful people in Entropia – and with such talent!

I prayed that I would be able to get my pc screen to work and it just wouldn't. (The delivery guys on Calypso must have dropped it when they delivered it to my apartment! Lol)
I asked everyone I could think of if I had plugged my Entropian flat screen in wrong or was not getting a picture because of poor reception. After all, theirs were all fine! Many gave suggestions and offered ideas as to what I had ‘plugged in’ wrong, but still – nothing could make my TV work!
Even those at Mindark’s In-Game support, (those who tried to help) couldn't find the problem, but a few are still looking into what went wrong.
I need answers! Ladies and gentlemen, did I do something idiotic?
I thank those who helped with their support, but I wish I could at least get back what I spent on my 'cable subscription' – I never saw or heard anything! Where's the PED man!? Where' the PED?!? :scratch2:

Although the exhibition is over now, if somebody wants to see the art displayed by me (although I can't imagine why :) ) go to TI City, Copper 13G to view it.

Although the exhibition is over now, if somebody wants to see the art displayed by me (although I can't imagine why :) ) go to TI City, Copper 13G to view it.

Is it just the "From Calypso To Earth And Back" pic you displayed at the exhibition or is there some other stuff there too? If theres some stuff I haven't seen yet then I'll wander tonight over an take a look :)

My 2 exhibition pics are up at Raven Valley #4, along with some other pics that were not at the exhibition :)

Back