Question: At what point you stop getting defensive skills?

DoA

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Daughter of Anarchy
Hyellow! :)

Quite a simple question but for which I failed to find an answer:

Does anyone know at what point you stop getting defensive skills while keep interacting with a mob (sweating)?

Thanks in advance for answering!

2 minutes.

Thank you for your answer.

Do you have a source for this or is just an (educated) guess?

Anyone who can confirm (or infirm) this?

I heard it many times and always the same amount of time so I guess its good but I did not checked myself.

I recall that it was mentioned by some that all mobs can give only a certain number of "skill ups" before they stop giving skills.

Is it a fixed time now or a fixed number of skill ups(green lines)?

hello,

it is a fact that mobs, at a certain time, stop to give skills, and all ship pilots can confirm.

sincerly i don't know if it is time related, i doubt it is, to me it is related to complessive damage done.

i never check it but can be easly test when a pilot start a skills run in space.

Yeah, Ok, we all agree that after a certain condition is met (either that means passing a certain time, getting a certain amount of skills, getting a certain amount of damage, etc) mobs stop giving defensive skills.

Now the problem is that I would like to know what exactly is that condition, convert it (even just approximatively) in a time constant then plan according (as in interrupting my movie and switch mob every X minutes).

I just realised, with the upcoming loots 2.0, armor changes, etc, whatever knowledge we posses on this may become useless and may have to be "researched" again ......

:eyecrazy:

I just realised, with the upcoming loots 2.0, armor changes, etc, whatever knowledge we posses on this may become useless and may have to be "researched" again ......

I kinda fail to see how loot and armor changes affect sweating...

I think that he means that skill gain might be adjusted as well as loot.

"Skills are Loot" is one of the old maxims of PE/EU. So if loot calculations are adjusted so may skilling, for sure.

MA have never, of course, revealed how that's tied in to the drops when you kill but it's also clear that loot (items etc...) come in a different wave from skills at this time. You can tell when you spend a length of time sweating that sweaters and hunters are both affected by it.

Who knows at this point I'm hoping loot 2.0 will be a little more subtle than it sounds. If they can just smooth the waves or use some other (more consistent, less obvious) system it might make sweating more consistently enjoyable as well.

If mob loot is affected by, for instance, wearing armor ... it might become reasonable to sweat in armor, even. This would be great for people who swunt for skills but maybe not so good for those who do it as a 'completely free' activity.

Lots of stuff to be sorted, for those who like to know that they have detailed and correct game knowledge.

Back