Atrax Beach: The big poll & The small event ;)

What would you like to change at Atrax Beach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Einstein

Elite
Society
GD
Hello everyone,
Recently we have seen alot of changes ingame. Alot of land areas have been changed as well, including Atrax Beach.
That's why I present this poll to you, to see if there are any changes I could do that would make Atrax Beach a better experience for you :)

Feel free to discuss and add things, let me know what you like, and what you don't like. Anything about the spawn, maturity, ... etc.

It is really appreciated.

For the ones that have not heard about Atrax Beach, or didn't go to visit yet.
Check it out!
To motivate you to go check it out, i will start a small event:

Most globals after 1 week gets 250 ped

Highest global gets 250 ped as well

One lucky global will also win 250 ped

Screenies can be posted in this thread

The poll will run for 1 week. Event finishes together with the poll.
Rules:

Post the globals in this thread Post them within 24 hours of happening, with time and location stamps. Atrax and Allophyl globals only.

Lucky global will be chosen by listing the globals in order posted here on the forum, and using a modulo function based on the lottery drawing of the belgian lottery on wednesday 13/01.
Winners of highest globals and most globals will be excluded from the list.
You can win only 1 prize.

Winning globals will be checked in trackersoftware to verify.

Rules are subject to change.

Last edited:
I voted for denser spawn, the way it is now the mobs are in groups, but you need to run to much when searching for a new group. But it isn't that bad as it sounds, just one notch up.

As for maturity, i would like to have that also one notch up, imo there are too many young-old ones wandering around. I would like to see some morre domi's. Not like the 1 occasional domi i find on 150 ped ammo. But domi and an occasional alpha should be the max.

And the event sounds great, hope i can make enough time to slaughter them traxxies again. Are you joining Cail ;)

I voted for denser spawn, the way it is now the mobs are in groups, but you need to run to much when searching for a new group. But it isn't that bad as it sounds, just one notch up.

The running around is a good thing. It keeps too many groups on your butt at the same time. Also, the lower density gives the n00bs a chance to get out and get to Omegaton before they are trapped.

Thanks for the input.

At the moment I have 3 DNA samples with maxed density. I could add another DNA sample and bump density on that one, but it would cost an extra 10 ped/day.

I was hunting there last night (with my soc) and we were killing gaurdians with 6 people quite easy. I think you could raise maturity numbers a bit, take out the youngs and a few matures, and raise the maturity to alpha?

And the agro on them is annoying, when your killeng one 3 others come and kill you :ahh: lower the density abit :laugh:

The running around is a good thing. It keeps too many groups on your butt at the same time. Also, the lower density gives the n00bs a chance to get out and get to Omegaton before they are trapped.

I understand that completely, and i like the area as it is now. It´s just for me personal i like to have a few traxxies on my butt all the time, they are great evade skillers.

I thought the beach was perfect myself.

When I get the urge to hunt that is the first place I head to.

I dont think the problem is how you got it set up. Its simply the return rate MA has "Enhanced" us with that kills any form of hunting no matter where you go.

Putting more or larger mobs there is only hurting your ped card as returns will be the same and I seriously doubt you will get more back from that investment at this time.

I would like a bit higher density ... I'll go try em tonight i think :)

I want gibnib stalkers!:(

I would like to see a higher maturity there that would be great :cool:

Alpha is definintly as high as you should go. dom-alpha all use the same armor but once you go to old alpha you need a different setup.

as for the density it could be a little higher but with the range they have to start chasing you, you also don't want to get swamped by too many at once.

Thx for all the input guys, keep it coming :D

I was thinking myself that because of the lack of new players, it might be better to put the maturity a notch up towards more guardian.

But it seems opinions are very divided, wich is not making it any easier for me :silly2:

i went on a hunt a week ago there or so... and ran into young and matures.. i would liek it up a notch.. kross 400 + XR 70 is over kill on them

I agree, with old-domi might have been even more interesting :)

I'd like more density, atleast, as mentioned they're in groups and sometimes need too much running around to find them for my taste.
I dunno how the DNA spawns are but i'd go for a lil bit higher maturity on some area and the really small ones on another area, let's say S for bigger, N for small for example (if the spawn areas work like that).

Are you joining Cail ;)
Just might go by now and then ... ;)

I think that atrox are mobs like atrox, which smaller players can hunt too, increasing mat will take away the opportunity from them, don't do that:) better lower it to give chance to all variaty of players to hunt:)

I still say leave it alone as its fun going there with no armor now and hunting them. its a challenge this way.

As long as the typical newb nutbag doesnt run thru the herd and send them all your way its great fun.

leave it as it is, or perhaps up the mats notch to maximum a few alphas

Not every "old" (pre vu10) player have skilled up and geared up to take on even doms is my guess. (remembering when I started took me a while to take on higher then olds)

Oh, right, is this also only atrax, only hunting?

there was nothing about atrax only in event description, so i hope screen is valid:)

I personaly would prefer a slightly denser spawn (that extra DNA sounds like a good idea too me) and raise the maturity alittle too, not much because then your settings start to get too close to the trax Alpha-Stalker LA.

I dont know how it works, but if it was possible to have one corner with higher maturity you could keep most of the LA as it is (as it is a fun place to hunt now) and bump one corner for people with higher gear/skills or teams.

My :twocents:

:handgun:

I personaly would prefer a slightly denser spawn (that extra DNA sounds like a good idea too me) and raise the maturity alittle too, not much because then your settings start to get too close to the trax Alpha-Stalker LA.

I dont know how it works, but if it was possible to have one corner with higher maturity you could keep most of the LA as it is (as it is a fun place to hunt now) and bump one corner for people with higher gear/skills or teams.

My :twocents:

:handgun:

Unfortunately it is not possible to choose a spawn location for every DNA sample at the moment :(
I hope this will change some day in the future tho :)

there was nothing about atrax only in event description, so i hope screen is valid:)

It is valid. All globals count, allo, atrax. As long as they are hunting globals :D
I forgot to mention this, so apologies for the confusion :)

I hunt a lot at the LA, but I would for sure love a denser spawn of the same maturity as it has now :)

Higher maturity and denser spawn, I'd say it would be too much like another LA ;)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

bad run ... but i guess could be worse :D

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

finally got one after a few hours, so small but hey an entry is an entry ;)

72ped Provider

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]]

After 3 mobs I get this... 2.5m ammo later and no more globals... more to go over the weekend.. I will get the most globals. I hope :cool:

64ped trax

162ped trax

113ped allo

53ped trax

I voted denser spawn for the same reasons as the others. But I would be just as happy with no changes, too :laugh:

It's a great LA, no doubt about that :thumbup:

Back