Atrax Beach: The Iron Version (With prizes)

Einstein

Elite
Society
GD
Dear Atrax Lovers,
Long overdue, but better late than never! The Iron mission for Atrax has arrived. Weeeeeeee :yay:

Everyone should get their ass over to Shinook Jungle and activate the mission!

To make this grind fest a little faster I've decided to let the maturity of the Atrax at Atrax Beach drop to 0. Meaning in a while you will find only Atrax Young with maybe some Mature and Old on the beach ;D

At the moment the maturity is still higher, alot of Guardian - Dominants - Alpha's, but the maturity will decrease slowly day by day :)

So far we dont know yet what rewards we will get for finishing the missions ... I hope they will kick ass ...

To make sure we get to know the rewards asap I offer these prizes.
To claim the prizes, you should be the first person to post the reward screen and post, depending on the prize, a number of screenies globals on Atrax Beach :)

PRIZES
100 Atrax killed (+ 1 int) --> 50 PED (1 Global screenie) WON by slither
500 Atrax killed (+ 1 str) --> 100 ped (2 Global screenies) WON by slither
1000 Atrax killed (+ 1 psy) --> 250 ped (5 Global screenies) WON by slither
5000 Atrax Killed (+ 1 agi) --> 500 ped ( 20 Global screenies) WON by slither
10000 Atrax Killed --> 1500 ped (50 Global Screenies)

Valid screenies are to be posted within 24h, location and time stamp should clearly by indicated on the screenie. I will be the final judge of all screenies.
Screenies can not be used for more than 1 prize.
Allophyl globals count too.

Atrax Beach can be found directly south of Omegaton West.
Atrax Beach has 3 Atrax DNA samples with maxed density and slowly lowering maturity.
Taxes are at a low 3.9%.

Good luck everybody!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
100 Atrax killed --> 50 PED (1 Global screenie)
500 Atrax killed --> 100 ped (5 Global screenies)
1000 Atrax killed --> 250 ped (10 Global screenies)
5000 Atrax Killed --> 500 ped ( 20 Global screenies)
10000 Atrax Killed --> 1500 ped (50 Global Screenies)

No offense, but do you seriously think it's realistic to expect a global out of every 100 atrax kills in average? :rolleyes:

No offense, but do you seriously think it's realistic to expect a global out of every 100 atrax kills in average? :rolleyes:

You're right ;p

Changed the global requirements :silly2:

If anyone else has comments or suggestions, let me know :)

Cool, feeling really tempted to give it a go, your LA has always given me good luck. It's where I got my first HoF, too. ;)

got +1int for the 100

gimme my peds now :)

Suggestion 1: inrease all 4 dna to max density. Once the maturity drops you won't see them as well on radar and the extra dna might be needed.

Suggestion 2: increase density of allophyl to max, might be fun to do 2 missions at once, and I think this gives u something unique.

With the global for 100 trax does this count as the 2 I need or do I have to global again?

+1 str for the 500

This is either the 2nd of the 500 or the 1st of the 1k depending on how you're working it.

btw: do allophyl globals count?

The easiest way to get to the beach is to head to Omegaton West Habitat and head southwest. It's approximately 1 TP jump from the OWH TP to get to the edge of the LA, and maybe 2 or so to get to the middle.

The new turret on the TP at OWH should keep the pesky little tezlapods from bothering you on the way (also might keep some of those Atrax down in the hills near your LA instead of up here inside of the city where they've been spotted at various times in the past, lol).

Last edited:
This is going to be my new favorite place again!

I agree up the allophyl! two Iron Challenges rock!

Atrax young has about the same HP as a argo young, i got 31 globals on 16600 argo young-guardian, mostly young and adult doing that mission...

Suggestion 1: inrease all 4 dna to max density. Once the maturity drops you won't see them as well on radar and the extra dna might be needed.

Suggestion 2: increase density of allophyl to max, might be fun to do 2 missions at once, and I think this gives u something unique.
Suggestion 1 is certainly something I will consider when the 3 samples are at min maturity, now it is not needed yet I think.

Suggestion 2 is more difficult, i was always a fierce opponent of having mixed spawns, but indeed with the 2 iron missions it might be a good idea for people that want to do 2 in one. Allo's dont have a high agro, so it might not bother the pure Atrax hunters too much.
I will probably set up a poll about this :)

With the global for 100 trax does this count as the 2 I need or do I have to global again?

+1 str for the 500
Euhm, this was not the idea. The screenies needed to unlock the prizes should be new screenies every time. I however did not specify this is in the opening post, so I will let it slip :)

This is either the 2nd of the 500 or the 1st of the 1k depending on how you're working it.

btw: do allophyl globals count?
Sure :)
I will let this global count as the first one for the 1k challenge :)

Atrax young has about the same HP as a argo young, i got 31 globals on 16600 argo young-guardian, mostly young and adult doing that mission...
The Atrax at the Beach are currently still guardian and higher maturity, so I think the goals I set forward are not unrealistic :)

Last edited:
Well, 3rd global so far. On around 180 atrax. No way I can compete with the ~117 dmg hits that were shown in the other pictures, so I can consider myself out ;)

Ah well!

With the previous global counting that means i'm still 1 short of the prize, will get it asap :)

Reward for 1k was +1 psyche

That's the last global for the 1k :)

5k here we come...

nice prizes, though I don't see people getting anywhere near the 50 screenshots for 10k requirement, when all atrax are young-old.

nice prizes, though I don't see people getting anywhere near the 50 screenshots for 10k requirement, when all atrax are young-old.

It will take quite a while before all Atrax will be young-old :)
Maybe I will lower the requierments if noone seems to make it ;D

picked up the 3 prizes so far, thanks einstein :)

It will take quite a while before all Atrax will be young-old :)
Maybe I will lower the requierments if noone seems to make it ;D

fair enough :D either way, it's not going to stop people coming, atrax youngs = mob-o-choice for IC.

Hope you keep the Allophyls to a minimun, if there isn't many of those around Atrax Beach will be my mission grinding spot (when I come around to do it)

Hope you keep the Allophyls to a minimun, if there isn't many of those around Atrax Beach will be my mission grinding spot (when I come around to do it)

Hehe ok =)
I'll probably make a poll about it sooner or later :)

There are very good untaxed spawns of allo/esto around, so I think adding them here would just annoy many people looking for atrax.

Who will be the first to hit 5000 trax? :D

Maturity has dropped to guardian dominants atm :)

Who will be the first to hit 5000 trax? :D

Maturity has dropped to guardian dominants atm :)
How low will you let the maturity go is the question? Looks like your biggest competitor in the Atrax Park is upping the maturity levels... will you let this place go down to super low maturity while he goes up to super high? Seems logical to allow for hunters of all levels to get the missions, but on the other hand, do you want to do that and lower your tax returns?

How low will you let the maturity go is the question? Looks like your biggest competitor in the Atrax Park is upping the maturity levels... will you let this place go down to super low maturity while he goes up to super high? Seems logical to allow for hunters of all levels to get the missions, but on the other hand, do you want to do that and lower your tax returns?
Plan is to let it go very low yes :)

2000 ped still up for grabs!! ;D

Thread and event will stay open till the end of February, if we get no participants by then it will probably be closed :)

2000 peds still up for grabs! :yay:

Then implement my global idea! :p

If a team hunts in Atrax Park, they can put something in their name like "62 PED". If they global a 62 pedder with that in their name, einstein doubles it :D

Great idea. Damn, I'm good.

Don't go ending this yet, here's my next 5 screenies :)

5 more screenies:

Back