Attack Speed estimation tool

Teiwaz Storm

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Teiwaz Storm Ing
After seeing some ridiculous methods some people use to test game and following unnecessary mud throwing on forums I have decided to commit couple hours of my time to provide community with tool for estimating AS.

Keep in mind that this is estimation only, due to error resulting from:
- imprecise time information (no fraction of second for attack
- assumption that person doing test will do it perfectly
- other factors (such as network latency, problematic PC), that might effect timing

At the same time if tester will stick to guidelines and attempt perfect test, error will be very small.
The longer test the closer estimation.

Updated to v0.2:
- Added support for attacking pets (thanks Xen) and unreachable mobs!
- adjusted minimum window size, so it is more streamer/video recording friendly

Guidelines to use this tool:
1. Copy AS.exe to folder where your chat.log file is (e.g. C:\Users\Tei\Documents\Entropia Universe)
2. Clicking Start Test button will start parsing log, but actual measurement of time and attacks will start at first attack reaching target
3. To perform perfect test:

spawn your pet and shoot it with Auto-Use Tool action

That's easiest, afk, safest option.
Of course normal hunting still applies, it is just harder to make it perfect.

4. At any time you can click Clear button. This will result in resetting all numbers and starting again at first attack.
5. Press Stop Test to stop parsing chat.log file

AS tool requires .NET (most of Windows machines will have it installed).
This time VirusTotal give nice green.
If you do not trust me that there is no malicious code, then do not download this tool.
You can download AS tool here.

Enjoy and share your tests results.

Testing on pet:
Code:
[Z12 Barbarella] with Imp Ares
Based on gear stats AS = 48*1.08 = 51.84 a/min
AS tool tests:
207 'perfect attacks': AS = 51.75  - at this point AS oscillate between 51.6x and 51.9x,
as expected due to imperfect time information

[Emik Enigma L4] with Imp Ares
Based on gear stats AS = 60*1.08 = 64.8 a/min
AS tool tests:
181 'perfect attacks': AS = 64.26  - oscillation noticeable, with decreasing tendency
over time, might be problem with network, PC, or simply issue on MA side (like number
rounding, server lag)
357 'perfect attacks': AS = 64.32

[Meckel & Loch ML-35] with Imp Ares
Based on gear stats AS = 38*1.08 = 41.04 a/min
AS tool tests:
246 'perfect attacks': AS = 40.55  - again oscillation easily noticeable

[Isis LSB 25 (L)] with Imp Ares
Based on gear stats AS = 84*1.08 = 90.72 a/min
AS tool tests:
465 'perfect attacks': AS = 89.69  - again oscillation easily noticeable

[Emik Enigma L4] without Ares
Based on gear stats AS = 60 a/min
AS tool tests:
263 'perfect attacks': AS = 60  - NO oscillation at this point

[Isis LSB 25 (L)] without Ares
Based on gear stats AS = 84 a/min
AS tool tests:
574 'perfect attacks': AS = 83.8  - oscillation noticeable

My feeling is that when used with Ares (or other buffs giving faster attacks) data is further away from expected PLUS it seems to 'deteriorate' with time.
I would think that apart usual problems (imperfect time info, latency) there is a problem coming from rounding of numbers by game.

Hunting testing:
Code:
AS tool tests:
28 'perfect attacks': AS = 52.5
94 'perfect attacks': AS = 52.22
142 'perfect attacks': AS = 51.95
101 'NON perfect attacks' (1 shoot in air between mobs): AS = 50.92

[Z12 Barbarella]
Based on gear stats AS = 48 a/min
AS tool tests:
99 'perfect attacks': AS = 47.9
162 'perfect attacks': AS = 47.65

It is clear that there is imperfection in measuring AS (mainly due to not having fraction of second of attack).

Nevertheless AS tool is giving good rough estimation and can be used to determine whether real AS is way off or not from expected.

*By 'perfect attacks' I mean that all attacks within test reached target (regardless if hit/miss/evade/unreachable/pet) and all attacks were at maximum speed (Auto-Use Tool action).

Last edited:
Nice work!

Im sure your legit and honest but still id like to recommend everyone run this with the proper protection protocols in place.

+1 Rep keep cool tools coming

That's the way to do it!

But I don't understand how to handle pause between mobs?
But perhaps that is irrelevant? Should be enough to shoot one high hp mob to see if AS matched item info...

Right?

I have run tests on as.exe in a private virus detection sandbox which is far more advanced than virustotal. I encountered nothing unusual. I would personally call this file safe in it's current version ( SHA256: 0d812b34b0e04b0696ee75529fafb64fead455b0d0cfab14a114c399ce2c2953 )

If this tool gets popular and supported by the developer, I can offer sponsorship on a free and ad-free download hosting for this application.

That's the way to do it!

But I don't understand how to handle pause between mobs?
But perhaps that is irrelevant? Should be enough to shoot one high hp mob to see if AS matched item info...

Right?

Unfortunately pause between attacks affects (decreases) AS calculated.

Therefore you should avoid any pause by:
-use Auto-Use Tool action
- have next mob nearby and be quick to change to it (note that for best results you should aim manually as if you use Move-to-target and clicking hp/Next-target combination it is slower and again will decrease real AS)

If you have any pause between attacks then for best results you should click Clear and start again trying harder ;)
That said, if you have 5 second break in 1 hour perfect test then estimation will be pretty good one anyway.

If you wanna test on one big mob then keep in mind:
- DO NOT change tools to fap/taggers/finishers
- use relatively small/unamped/unenhanced weapon as I estimate you will need more than 20 attacks recorded to start getting closer to real number (the more attacks the better estimation)

Hope that makes sense.

I have run tests on as.exe in a private virus detection sandbox which is far more advanced than virustotal. I encountered nothing unusual. I would personally call this file safe in it's current version ( SHA256: 0d812b34b0e04b0696ee75529fafb64fead455b0d0cfab14a114c399ce2c2953 )

If this tool gets popular and supported by the developer, I can offer sponsorship on a free and ad-free download hosting for this application.

Thanks for confirming.
Only one falsepositive on VirusTotal is from Chineese antivirus Qihoo-360, that I never heard about before yesterday. Anyway I like to make things transparent.

First post edited - added some info and quick tests data and conclusions.

unable to DL. redirect loop
got it now

Last edited:
Really good initiative, thought please call the effects that can improve attack speed for what it is as attack speed can be a highly misleading description and only meassures a part of the whole.
The faster reload buff not only effects weapons it effects any tool that has a reload time and can be messured for all of them by parsing the chatlog over respective long periods.

You could just shoot at a pet for as long as you want and just get "you cannot damage pets" messages instead of damage amounts.

Really good initiative, thought please call the effects that can improve attack speed for what it is as attack speed can be a highly misleading description and only meassures a part of the whole.
The faster reload buff not only effects weapons it effects any tool that has a reload time and can be messured for all of them by parsing the chatlog over respective long periods.

Thanks, but I'm not sure what you mean...

Tool I provided measures reload time based on attacks, therefore it is called Attack Speed.
I'm pretty sure 99% of players know what it means so why it is misleading for you?

Of course you can measure reload speed of fap, extractor (? been some years without mining) and even sweating or repair tools.
But you can't do that with my tool. And I'm not planning to make one...

You could just shoot at a pet for as long as you want and just get "you cannot damage pets" messages instead of damage amounts.

Cool, thanks for pointing it out.
Already thought about trapping mob and shooting it so can add respective message for both of actions when I have a moment.

Just note that I don't know the exact message you get and I can't log in right now.

Just note that I don't know the exact message you get and I can't log in right now.

Same here, away from gaming PC so it must wait ;)

New version available and now dead easy to use by anyone and at no cost!
Thanks again to Xen for suggesting pets!

Testing on pet:
Code:
AS tool tests:
207 'perfect attacks': AS = 51.75  - at this point AS oscillate between 51.6x and 51.9x,
as expected due to imperfect time information

[Emik Enigma L4] with Imp Ares
Based on gear stats AS = 60*1.08 = 64.8 a/min
AS tool tests:
181 'perfect attacks': AS = 64.26  - oscillation noticeable, with decreasing tendency
over time, might be problem with network, PC, or simply issue on MA side (like number
rounding, server lag)
357 'perfect attacks': AS = 64.32

[Meckel & Loch ML-35] with Imp Ares
Based on gear stats AS = 38*1.08 = 41.04 a/min
AS tool tests:
246 'perfect attacks': AS = 40.55  - again oscillation easily noticeable

[Isis LSB 25 (L)] with Imp Ares
Based on gear stats AS = 84*1.08 = 90.72 a/min
AS tool tests:
465 'perfect attacks': AS = 89.69  - again oscillation easily noticeable

[Emik Enigma L4] without Ares
Based on gear stats AS = 60 a/min
AS tool tests:
263 'perfect attacks': AS = 60  - NO oscillation at this point

[Isis LSB 25 (L)] without Ares
Based on gear stats AS = 84 a/min
AS tool tests:
574 'perfect attacks': AS = 83.8  - oscillation noticeable

My feeling is that when used with Ares (or other buffs giving faster attacks) data is further away from expected PLUS it seems to 'deteriorate' with time.
I would think that apart usual problems (imperfect time info, latency) there is a problem coming from rounding of numbers by game.

Awesome work!
Now we can finally shut up the trolls.

Has this been tested on a 100+ reload gun yet? If so what were the results?

It has been brought to my attention that link on file upload website expired.

Link to download should be fixed now.

Back