Attacks based on a percentage of the victims current HP

Dr.D.C.

Elite
Society
Glory Hound Irregulars
English is not my first language; what means: attacks based on a percentage of the victims current HP, introduced in the last VU?

-two avatars with different HP get different attack?
-one avatar during an hunting get different attack based on his hp left?
-for attack it means attack rate? or damage?

thx

English is not my first language; what means: attacks based on a percentage of the victims current HP, introduced in the last VU?

thx

- yes
- yes
- damage

thx

- at different health percentage levels, 100 hp avatar with 50 health (50%) and 160 hp avatar at 80 health (50%) take the same damage, 160 health guy at 100 health (~63% health) takes different amount than the 100 health guy at 100 health (100%).
- read above
- damage

Edit: It's not so clear in that paragraph if (some) mobs (now or in the future) deal percentual damage (always hit you for 90%, meaning at 100 health it hits you 90, at 50 health it hits you 45 dmg), or if they change their damage relative to your health percentage.
Still, what i wrote applies :p

Note also, the attack that deals % dmg rather than set dmg will not give any armor decay :wise:

Note also, the attack that deals % dmg rather than set dmg will not give any armor decay :wise:

Can you please tell us where you got that information from ?

I just doublechecked the VU content and it's not in there, so you got me curious:scratch2:

Can you please tell us where you got that information from ?

I just doublechecked the VU content and it's not in there, so you got me curious:scratch2:

Quoted straight from EF:
Kim|MindArk said:
Clarification: Percentage of current HP damage does not deal decay to armor.

Based on what Kim|MindArk posted on another forum, it will be a percent of avatar remaining HP.

If you have 100 HP left, mob will hit you of 90dmg
If other avatar have 50hp left, mob will hit him of 45dmg

This kind of damaged will be dealt within a certain radius and will impact every avatar in this radius.

thx

It means that players are victims in all cases.
- case big investment in good armor wich do not protect
- case big investment in skills and HP wich do not help
- add your case ..

- add your case ..

- case when not just damn big bucks, chipped in skills (or naturally gained ones) comes in to play, but TEAMPLAY instead, BRAINS and EXPERIENCE. Also ability to react on current situation.

Case all avatars are more equal, meaning this mob is more of a challenge and adds another dimention (requiring more teamwork) to the game? :coffee:

- add your case ..

It is not said that you won't be able to evade those kind of attack...

-> So skilling evade might be usefull

This attack will probably not be used each time... that means that for 1 of this % attack, there will be several 'normal' attack that can follow. If you have 200HP, then you'll have 20HP left ... if the next hit is 40 impact, then you will be able to survive with an angel... But if you have only 100hp, you'll have 10hp left ... so even with angel, you won't survive the next attack ...
-> so HP are still important
-> armor is still important
... This kind of mob will be a shared loot... so IMO it's very important to spend a lot of time in front of the mob instead of using the revival ...

... This kind of mob will be a shared loot... so IMO it's very important to spend a lot of time in front of the mob instead of using the revival ...

Especially since Kim said it'll be at the end of a long and tough area with no revive or teleporting or flying :laugh:

- add your case ..

But this isn't so. Different player HP-s:

Player with 100 hp gets reduced to 20 hp, may need extreme armor to survive non-% attack.
Player with 250 hp gets reduced to 50 hp, may still need some armor to survive non-% attack.

The difference to survival is like wearing Martial vs PoE for impact/cut/stab or Salamander vs Martial against burn.

For two players with same HP, the protection and not eco of armor has much more importance here than normally, as you start off fapping very much more to survive the next attacks.

I'm surprised you did not list Evade as losing value, as this is also not true ;) And again, because the mob will be using the non-% attack where it all matters as it is the same as if you got attacked by a second mob while on low health.

wondering if the attacks are % of max health or % of current health level at the time of the attack?!?... That could have a big impact on strategy to use.

thx

Theoretically it is how other people have responded you. But I still do not understand. Watch the following video. The avatar have no armor. But it seems, it get more damage when she have less health.

Will be funny when the fapper in the background will get hit too :)

Theoretically it is how other people have responded you. But I still do not understand. Watch the following video. The avatar have no armor. But it seems, it get more damage when she have less health.

That got nothing to do with this type of damage - actually, from what i remember, Kim said this will be a new type of AOE damage (which the rextelum clearly doesn't have), and will be used in some kind of "pit" as an "end boss" type of mob.

You can imagine it as some kind of gas cloud, doing the same % to everyone with the area of effect, regardless of armour they wear.

wondering if the attacks are % of max health or % of current health level at the time of the attack?!?... That could have a big impact on strategy to use.

% of current health :coffee:

It means ubers with 330+ HP will be no better off than noobs with 90 HP.

(Okay, that is an exaggeration, but it is true to some extent.)

- add your case ..
it's just what, 1 mob? pfffft hunt something else :eyecrazy:

1 mob? so just rextlum (or whatver the scorpion name is) deal with this new rule?
all the others are unchanged????

why they introduced this? there is some one here around that enjoy this new rule? and why?

pls i m not interested about area of effect.

So what i understood from all your posts is that according with your hp, or hp left, you get a different amount of damage.
ok

So before we had that a mob can inflict you a max and min damage, fixed ones, now this max is defined by the hp. Same story for the min dmg. Is it correct

Let say at 300hp you get 200dmg at 30hp you get 20dmg?

this new rule is always in place or is a wave between normal damage?

In this case what normal max and min dmg it is?

again: "attacks based on a percentage of the victims current HP. This will present an exiting new challenge for experienced colonists" some one is exited about?

moreover, what means:
Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk
Clarification: Percentage of current HP damage does not deal decay to armor.

es. the mob inflict me 200dmg and my armor don t decay????

again: why all this??? they cannot spend some more time to fix the loot return instead?

thx
DC

It is now possible for a single creature to have many different attacks to choose between when fighting a colonist. This includes area of effect attacks as well as attacks based on a percentage of the victims current HP. This will present an exiting new challenge for experienced colonists. For the time being this feature has only been enabled on the Rextelum.

so it hits sometimes with a HP% dmg, then can switch to AOE attack to finish you off?... challenging!

I haven't been out to see them yet, but sounds very interesting! :yup:

less armor decay, more fap decay... fap decay usually costs more than armor decay, but with this mob you pay for both huh? :wise:

1 mob? so just rextlum (or whatver the scorpion name is) deal with this new rule?
all the others are unchanged????

why they introduced this? there is some one here around that enjoy this new rule? and why?

I think the % dmg is only for the Hussk boss mob, while the multiple attacks and such is for the rextelum? :coffee:

I think the % dmg is only for the Hussk boss mob, while the multiple attacks and such is for the rextelum? :coffee:

From what i understood the Hussk has a "normal" attack, too - so it has "multiple attacks" as well.

From what i understood the Hussk has a "normal" attack, too - so it has "multiple attacks" as well.

multiple attack is not a problem at all, already we have mob that inflict different kind of dmg.
At the contrary this hp related damage for me is not clear at all.

Maybe Kim or who for her, can specify the detail about? (i hope it will be not like the scope/sight story at the end)

DC

so.. has anyone seen this new super smart monster get stuck in trees yet? wasnt that what we ment by increasing AI? mobs that avoid getting stuck behind trees and rocks.. and drowning themselfs.. just by dipping its feet/claws/tentacles in water..

so.. has anyone seen this new super smart monster get stuck in trees yet? wasnt that what we ment by increasing AI? mobs that avoid getting stuck behind trees and rocks.. and drowning themselfs.. just by dipping its feet/claws/tentacles in water..

Apparently they aren't too "smart" when it comes to objects in their path...

***UNREACHABLE*** yay?

good times :rolleyes:

Whoever wrote this UNREACHABLE code can go diaf.

Bjorn|MindArk from the other 711 forum:

The damage is determined just as explained in the release notes. Instead of inflicting a static amount of damage, the creature will inflict an amount of damage based on the avatar's current health points.

As an example- If a particular creature is set to inflict 20% damage it would result in the following damage amounts:

Avatar A (100 HP) - 20 points of damage
Avatar A (50 HP) - 10 points of damage
Avatar B (200 HP) - 40 points of damage

As explained in the release notes, the new damage calculations only apply to certain creatures -so far only the new creature Rextelum uses the percentage damage calculation.

Damage calculations for other creatures is unaffected and you can hunt as you have hunted in the past with no change.

me: now i m curious to know if a mob that give 30% dmg of hp always give 30% dmg of hp for each attack or this comes in waves. In other word it perform like any other mob and randomly it give 30%of hp damage.
thx

Back