ramos

Dominant
Society
Concord
General Frozen Death
-- deleted thread --

got the peds back

Last edited:
sorry for your loss.. but never give anything to anyone without payment. and I did read the part about looking at his tracker profile.. <removed EL info>.. if you would have looked a bit farther would have noticed didn't start tracking anything till Jun 2015. And a avatar name like <removed name> doesn't scream to you alt account?.

Hopefully this gets sorted but I wouldn't expect much, but could have also been a lot more expensive of a lesson to learn.

SpikE

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol move this thread if wrong category :D

you are not new forum user and must know it will be deleted as soon as some mod sees this.

No naming (cause no way to know if you are telling the truth as your story is one sided)

Also 83,4 ped is very cheap lesson for you, i have lent money in much higher sums and sometimes also being ignored for even months, but so far only 1 loan went bad, but i still hope he comes back one day.

Sorry to hear, but:
You never know, if an account was hacked, sold or, as above, used by another person. So many ppl lost thousands of PEds for this. Never gove anything without proper colleteral.

sorry for your loss.. but never give anything to anyone without payment. and I did read the part about looking at his tracker profile.. <removed EL info>.. if you would have looked a bit farther would have noticed didn't start tracking anything till Jun 2015. And a avatar name like <removed name> doesn't scream to you alt account?.

Hopefully this gets sorted but I wouldn't expect much, but could have also been a lot more expensive of a lesson to learn.

SpikE

Yes, i have seen that. But still i was not so afraid about 80 peds...
Seems his name is worth 80 peds.

Lol move this thread if wrong category :D

you are not new forum user and must know it will be deleted as soon as some mod sees this.

No naming (cause no way to know if you are telling the truth as your story is one sided)

Also 83,4 ped is very cheap lesson for you, i have lent money in much higher sums and sometimes also being ignored for even months, but so far only 1 loan went bad, but i still hope he comes back one day.
Without name, nobody will know who is this.

Some chat logs....

<removed chat log>

After that he logged off and deleted me

Yes, i have seen that. But still i was not so afraid about 80 peds...
Seems his name is worth 80 peds.

If it is his name and not a alt. It does amaze me what people will do for $8.

<removed>

Sad to hear. Trust no one!

GL!

ROFL , cant believe some still use the "its my brother" excuse .
anyway , be thankful it was only 80 ped and this thread will be deleted/ edited soon.
I have saved it as usual for posterity :)

So you think trusting the nasty people is a better idea? :tongue2:

Statistically speaking, it's a somewhat less bad idea.

Not trusting people based on their image is a yet better one. :)

If it is his name and not a alt. It does amaze me what people will do for $8.

It is a alt! And some people would eat shit for 8 bucks. (and they should eat shit)

Report to MA, even if all trades are final, they will still investigate and see his other account.
You may not gte your 80 ped back but he will definitely get something

Sent my disciple to trade with him and get my peds back.

Really ? You are looking to mess up things or what ?

Really ? You are looking to mess up things or what ?

Not really, that guy is crafter and could be afk. Sent my disciple soc mate to check if he is afk or not. And he wasnt... he was just ignoring me

Can I get the name in PM please?

Sorry but atleast it was a cheap mistake.

It is EU, don´t trust anyone.

People hiding behind avatars, getting a chance to scam money, could become weak and do it, even if they never intended doing it befor.

I know one incedent, where a well known member of one of my old socs, regularly lend out items.
It was a very nice person, most in soc did know her RL too, as we did regular soc meetings RL.

There was never an issue with this person, many years, everybody trusted her, and if she needed any gear, she got it within a few minutes. No collateral, just trust.

Then came time, her husband got ill, lost his job RL, she came in a very difficult situation RL.
Still got many items sitting on her avatar, that was lend by other Socmates.

Over night she decided to give a shit about nice soc, sold the gear, withdraw the money, never logged in since that day.

Sad story but true.

As said in first sentence:
Never trust anybody.
Demand collateral!
Nothing in advance, get paid for what you deliver or do not deliver it.

Sorry to hear, but:
You never know, if an account was hacked, sold or, as above, used by another person. So many ppl lost thousands of PEds for this. Never gove anything without proper colleteral.

I let my wife play my account when she gets tired of small mobs. So if anyone hears me offering virtual handjobs for 5 PED, that's definitely when I'm playing.

The way he "scammed" you is not illegal. Immoral maybe, but not illegal. If you get duped in game it's probably because you had too much :drink: or just too kind, thinking "well, it's a game and I know/heard of him/her in here". I would assume this lending wouldn't be something you would do IRL, so it should be in game (unless you don't mind possible losing item). :)

It's a good idea to report the scammer too MA though, for the suspicion of using multiple accounts.

There is a chance that MA will suspend the accounts and that would make the community have less scammers hopefully.

Back