Attention SMOKERS! :D

Parisien yellow / box 6.80Chf (6.80 - 6.90 USD) / Switzerland

Red Kings. 40 kr = 7-8 usd

It seems you people are spending alot of money to buy those damn things lol so here i made a list of everyone who posted. Not all of them are smokers but they atleast told us the price of cigarets in their country:

Kevlie - 3 USD
Silas - 7-8 USD
Mr-Joey - 7 USD
SunnyS - 16 USD
Eron - 5 USD
sententz - 4 USD
Longcloud - 32 USD
Killahbee - 6.30 USD
Freddy M - 7.50 USD
Corey 'Greyfox'- 16 USD
Ace Flyster - 3.40 USD
Seoul - 2.50 USD
DoubleWolf - 5 USD
Kitty - 4 USD
lilac - 8 USD
Nadie - 8 - 9 USD
Sam Carter - 12 USD

what do u think?

It seems you people are spending alot of money to buy those damn things lol so here i made a list of everyone who posted. Not all of them are smokers but they atleast told us the price of cigarets in their country:

what do u think?

Some of those prices seem a bit ridiculous. For me, if the price ever got above 7 USD for a 20 cig pack, I'd probably quit buying them. That's just too much money to spend in my eyes for what I get out of it.

There's a bar that I regularly go to that will sell them for 7 USD (which I still find funny since smoking in bars is banned now in this state...) and I'll buy a pack from them in a pinch... but I always gripe about it... :laugh:

Camel Filter - about ZAR30 per pack, which is ~$4.44 at today's rate.

I have friends who smoke, they pay around 10-12 AUD (USD) for a 20-pack of Marlboros

Another friends buys in bulk Craven Gold, according to this site they probably pay ~$100 for a carton of 200.
http://www.tobacco.net.au/craven-a-gold-25s.html - pretty cheap price there O_O

Anti-smoking laws are pretty heavy here (all cigarette cost is taxation), and a 30-pack could cost $20 pretty soon http://www.heraldsun.com.au/money/m...roposed-rudd-tax/story-fn312ws8-1225853382736

Interesting graph here http://www.tobaccoinaustralia.org.a...-3-the-price-of-tobacco-products-in-australia
noting the first graph price is in "1990" price scheme so 2005 would need to be indexed by 3%/year, as would other years

I have friends who smoke, they pay around 10-12 AUD (USD) for a 20-pack of Marlboros

Another friends buys in bulk Craven Gold, according to this site they probably pay ~$100 for a carton of 200.
http://www.tobacco.net.au/craven-a-gold-25s.html - pretty cheap price there O_O

Anti-smoking laws are pretty heavy here (all cigarette cost is taxation), and a 30-pack could cost $20 pretty soon http://www.heraldsun.com.au/money/m...roposed-rudd-tax/story-fn312ws8-1225853382736

Interesting graph here http://www.tobaccoinaustralia.org.a...-3-the-price-of-tobacco-products-in-australia
noting the first graph price is in "1990" price scheme so 2005 would need to be indexed by 3%/year, as would other years

interesting stuff :)

Javaanse Jongens Tembaco 40g ~7.25 USD
and keep on rolling

I had my last ciggie Nov 12th this year and went cold turkey. I was smoking Pall Mall Menthol Slims at approx $10.75 AUD for a pack of 20's. With the current Aussie dollar rate, it's pretty much $10 USD a pack. I probs smoked 2 packs of 20's a week prior to giving up so I save just about $22 a week or $88 a month.

The last cigarette tax hike a few months back added about $2 to the cost of a pack of 30's, if I remember correctly. The health system is in a bad way here, combine it with an ageing population, makes it an easy decision for politicians.

Anyway, at least i can breathe properly now, breathing is good. :yup:

I had my last ciggie Nov 12th this year and went cold turkey. I was smoking Pall Mall Menthol Slims at approx $10.75 AUD for a pack of 20's. With the current Aussie dollar rate, it's pretty much $10 USD a pack. I probs smoked 2 packs of 20's a week prior to giving up so I save just about $22 a week or $88 a month.

The last cigarette tax hike a few months back added about $2 to the cost of a pack of 30's, if I remember correctly. The health system is in a bad way here, combine it with an ageing population, makes it an easy decision for politicians.

Anyway, at least i can breathe properly now, breathing is good. :yup:

Good fo u! :D

Damn, and I thought cigarettes were expensive around here...

I smoke SG Ventil and it costs exactly €3,70, which in USD is 4,86!

Because the tax is so high in the UK I usually take an annual trip to Belgium to stock up on rolling baccy. This saves me over 50% of my annual smoking costs. 50 gms pouch in UK of Old Holborn approx £12.00 in Belgium 5.25 euro - no contest and the Mbike ride is fun:)

Because the tax is so high in the UK I usually take an annual trip to Belgium to stock up on rolling baccy. This saves me over 50% of my annual smoking costs. 50 gms pouch in UK of Old Holborn approx £12.00 in Belgium 5.25 euro - no contest and the Mbike ride is fun:)

Ya i heard that in UK smoking is really expensive cos few of my friends are studying there :)

I use drum blue rolling tobacco 40g = 4,5€. But last month I got an opportunity to buy 1Kg of homegrown Macedonian tobacco for 18€...lol I keep It well spread in a big cardboard box and fill my lil mobile bag with It and add a nicely polished lil brick in It, wich I put in water for a few minutes before that, so the tobacco gets a bit moist for the go..lol It is a bit stronger than drum thou..;)

The only thing that is killing me atm is the damn lighter that I need to buy every month...:laugh:

C`mon baby light my fire!hehe

Robo:smoke:

I was smoking Pall Mall Menthol Slims at approx $10.75 AUD for a pack of 20's. With the current Aussie dollar rate, it's pretty much $10 USD a pack.

$10 a pack for Pall Malls??? I'll have to remember to bring a carton with me from home if I ever go visit down under...

So how is smoking viewed there in Australia? Is it kind of a luxury, status symbol thing since a pack costs so much? Or is it more negative, causing other people to look at you like you're a crazy addict? Because I would think at some point, as the price gets higher and higher, it might actually become MORE desirable to some people, simply because it costs a lot. People want what they can't have...

I smoke a Volcano Magma E-cig, atomizer costs $8.00 USD and lasts 1-3 months, e-juice to fill my cartridges is about $30 for enough to make 4 months worth for 2 people.

www.volcanoecigs.com

Oh and I have yet to run into a business in Washington ( state wide indoor smoking ban ) that wont allow me to use my e-cig.

/flex

Mayfair Superkings £5.24 per packet of 20, Thats $8.08 according to XE Exchange. :O

I think its about 5,5 euro here in Holland. Well i hope more people will stop smoking next year!:yup:

Horizons, pack of 50 = 25 usd atm in Australia and rising in the near future.

This is the price for most cigarettes. Pack of 30 = ~ 15 usd

Newports FTW!

Chicago prices + City Tax = 9.85 - 10.55 USD

Freakin' outrageous!

Main reason to go east to Indiana to get them much cheaper by the carton. lol

Lucky Strike Red 20units p/pack 3.40 EUR = 4.463USD

... and don´t forget Smoke Kills !!!:wise:

$10 a pack for Pall Malls??? I'll have to remember to bring a carton with me from home if I ever go visit down under...

So how is smoking viewed there in Australia? Is it kind of a luxury, status symbol thing since a pack costs so much? Or is it more negative, causing other people to look at you like you're a crazy addict? Because I would think at some point, as the price gets higher and higher, it might actually become MORE desirable to some people, simply because it costs a lot. People want what they can't have...

Yes, that's the price for a pack of 20's here. I don't think it's seen as a status symbol here but it cld happen the way the prices are increasing. I think it is seen a bit more negative here because a lot of people have given up and it's labelled a "dirty habit". It's been about 6 or 7 years since it's been banned in nightclubs (if memory serves me right) and now some places are trying to make city malls smoke-free. A lot of city workers are smoking on the mall during their lunch breaks and it's this whole notion about passive smoking. Businesses have also complained that they've lost up to 30% business due to smoking bans. In some states here, u will get fined for lighting up in the car if you have children in the car at the same time.

Since the last tax hike some people said they were gonna quit cos it's too expensive but they just kept smoking and then there's those that actually did stop. Some youngsters interviewed at the time of the hike said thay didn't care they'd just pay it anyway, so I think it varies. I like smoking, not heavily though, but it was my lungs that made me give up. Sometimes I get the feeling for a smoke but my lungs say, hell no you don't! I might smoke a pack once or twice a year if I'm partying but other than that not on a daily basis. Always said I'd give up at 30 but now I'm pushing 35 so I have to take care of myself lol.

No, they are driving ad campaigns like mad atm to quit,
Also quit smoking remedies like gum, patches, etc are going to be added to the PBS in Feb 2011
Meaning we only pay 3.50 aussie to buy nicotine quit smoking stuff.

It used to cost me an average of $ 150 a week to smoke, lately though I have been trying to quit so have halved that.

Native
23 ped

(no additives, made by native americans so they are immune from taxes. No tax stamp on the bottom)

now that I'm rolling them myself it's hard to calculate... used to smoke the lightest like Philip Morris One or similar =)

a pack of those costs around 4 USD I guess...

but the regular cigarettes are no match to good flavoured tobacco, using it for 2 years and I have to admit I'm disgusted by the "taste" of the regular ones :yup:

J.

- rep to all smokers! lol :D

j/k

Marlboro Big pack (24)
6 euro in the Netherlands.

Back