ATTN MA Balance Manager: Space will fail without more BPs

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Dear Balance Manager

Space is a great idea but has grave implications for the economy unless you relax the drop rate on space BPs. Since the Space update, myself and many others have been crafting like mad people in the hope to get a Space relate BP. Like always only a few drop, which inturn limits supply and drives the price sky high. The result is most players being grounded and frustrated at not being able to travel to other planets and also no longer being able to access auctions based on other planets. If you happen to be on RT, NI or Arkadia supplies are low an anything transported through space carries a higher MU, yet there is no trade because there are not enough Thrusters for even basic transport across space.

My suggestion is that you allow the drop rate of Space related BPs to increase so players also can get off their planets. Also increase the drop rates of MK2-3 VTOLs BPs as they are needed, especially if destroyed in space PvP!

There is no point giving us a feature if we can't use it, especially if the items required are rare and grossly expensive. Also, re-instate the interplanetary auction house. I understand trying to simulate each planets separate economies, but at least allow people on Arkadia, NI and RT have access to the stackables needed to craft the items for space travel. I suggest a 2 week period of grace on the Auction house so players can get established.

There is no point giving us a feature if we can't use it

That sounds like MindArk sadly...

Give it a year, we might be able to use it by then without paying a insane amount of cash.

I agree with the grace period on the auction. They took out inter planetary auctions the moment space came in, well before any of the MS pilots would have the parts necessary to take its place. At the very least we need the AH up for another week while space gets set up.

over 3k clicks from me... nothing special to speak of :(

changes without notice

It is imo not right to change the way auctions work with no notice.....Also not right to make the change in travel between planets without notice(what if someone took most of their storage to another planet and they want to return to some other planet now they cant return without risking it all) This means that travel betwwen planets is restricted to those with high skill levels and irl pvp skills. I feel lucky that i decided to stay on calypso.

It is working how this stuff always works.

It is imo not right to change the way auctions work with no notice.....Also not right to make the change in travel between planets without notice(what if someone took most of their storage to another planet and they want to return to some other planet now they cant return without risking it all) This means that travel betwwen planets is restricted to those with high skill levels and irl pvp skills. I feel lucky that i decided to stay on calypso.

dude,

they've been going on about this for weeks.

dude,

they've been going on about this for weeks.

Yes, we were all aware that the TPs were gonna be turned off and choosing your planet before the servers went down was an informed choice, but please provide the link by MA where it says interplanetary auctions will be turned off and that we will not be able to bid on items on other planets. I like many others had bid on items on other planets. I have won many auctions with no way to retrieve the said items. We were not warned of this, unless there is a thread I missed....

Yes, we were all aware that the TPs were gonna be turned off and choosing your planet before the servers went down was an informed choice, but please provide the link by MA where it says interplanetary auctions will be turned off and that we will not be able to bid on items on other planets. ...

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/

See entry posted June 16 (over a week ago now):
Planet Bound Auctions

To further spur the interplanetary travel and economy, the auctions will be bound to each planet. This means that you can still view auctions on all planets, but for you to place a bid on an auction or collect an item, you have to be on the specific planet.

Items that MindArk put up for auction, such as the motherships after the release, will be universal. These auctions can be bid on and the items collected from all planets having an auctioneer.

... I like many others had bid on items on other planets. I have won many auctions with no way to retrieve the said items. We were not warned of this, unless there is a thread I missed....

You have ALWAYS had to retrieve an auction item from the location where the item was placed, not from where you are bidding.

You have ALWAYS had to retrieve an auction item from the location where the item was placed, not from where you are bidding.

Nah, you could pay a fee to get it transferred before (a very big one on some items tho)

Nighthawk said:
Nah, you could pay a fee to get it transferred before (a very big one on some items tho)

Well true, but I don't think FewScars is complaining about not being about to pay the ( 23%of TT+1ped ) fee here.

Not sure about PCF but this post drew immediate discussion on Arkadia forum.

There was discussion about it here on PCF too. I remember, because I posted in it and discussed it with a friend ingame as well (relating to the thread here).

16 June 2011
Planet Bound Auctions

To further spur the interplanetary travel and economy, the auctions will be bound to each planet. This means that you can still view auctions on all planets, but for you to place a bid on an auction or collect an item, you have to be on the specific planet.

Items that MindArk put up for auction, such as the motherships after the release, will be universal. These auctions can be bid on and the items collected from all planets having an auctioneer.

Tip! As a space ship manager, remember to keep an eye on supply and demand for various goods on different planets; you will have the opportunity to retain the interplanetary trade balance.

Hmmmm I wish I had seen this post! :mad:

I don't mind travelling to pick stuff up but I really really wish I could remote bid. I don't really understand why they chose to implement that aspect.

I don't mind travelling to pick stuff up but I really really wish I could remote bid. I don't really understand why they chose to implement that aspect.

I second that. I won't bother travelling to another planet to bid on something I might/might not win. Remote bids FTW.

/Sbi

Back