Auction Fee Question.

AckerZ

Old Alpha
Society
Dirty Dingos
Anonymous AckerZ Anonymous
1bBqiXG.png

I have noticed when I sell certain items with low Mark Up the Fee on the Sold Auction Notification is much lower than the original quoted one when originally listing. Is this a secondary fee that is charged or is this the original fee but reduced?

When you post something, it is cost 0.5p fee.
You pay extra fee after MU.
When you post something, you pay the fee based on SB.
If it sold for higher, the extra fee after the extra MU is deducted from the sale price, and its showed the way you posted.

You can check, if you post 1k animal eye oil.
51p SB, 0.54p fee
if you set 52p SB, your fee is 0.59p

Just in case you post for 52 SB, the fee is immediately deducted, and lost if not sold, while if you post for 51 SB, you loose less fee if not sold.

It is a secondary fee charged on the (additional) mu you achieve. It looks like you set a minimum of 51 peds (mu of 1 ped), so originally paid probably 55? pecs. The person who bought paid 52 peds, so that's another 5 pecs tax.

From planet calypso website:

A commission is paid on the difference between the Opening Bid and the item's TT value (the Markup). The commission begins at 5% but gradually decreases as the Markup value increases (a Regressive Commission). It ensures that items with large Markup values don't end up paying very high commissions. In fact, a maximum commission ceiling of 100 PED is in effect.

Nice, didnt know about the 100p maximum, tried out with 1 eye oil for 9.999.999 ped, fee was 75.11p so guess its hard to reach 100p fee :)

Many thanks for the clarification

Fee is calculated by a simple formula:

Auction Fee (PED) = 0,50 + ((99,5*0,75*MU) / ((1990*0,75)+MU))

Fee is calculated by a simple formula:

Auction Fee (PED) = 0,50 + ((99,5*0,75*MU) / ((1990*0,75)+MU))

There's a little bit simpler notation on that here when I recalculated that actual fee formula: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/auction-and-shop-fee-guide.277052/

In Excel that would be: =ROUNDDOWN((MU*74.62)/(1493+MU)*100,0)/100+0.5 where MU is TT+ notation, not % MU (including items not listed as TT+ on auction, so they all need to be converted to TT+).

Last edited:
Back