Auction house grows old and useless

Gramuly

Guardian
Society
Pet Society
Hegre Gramuly Hector
Good its about time!

So many new blueprints that the crafters will now need to get orders before they make items.
So now if you want say a breerp3(L) you will have to know a crafter or know where his shop is.
Unless you want to pay an evergrowing MU on the limited items.

This should help crafters and shop owners. For they players who cry its to hard to run around and find what i need; I can only say. Make some friends and go support them. Stop buying from strangers and help you friends stay ingame by purchasing from them.

I have a flame suit on. You cant hurt me with thoes weapons.

ok I will stay ingame 24/7 and find some friends. What was that other thing? Don't talk to strangers?

this sounds like the words from my mum 30 years ago :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Make some friends and go support them. Stop buying from strangers and help you friends stay ingame by purchasing from them.

But but how do we make friends if we can not talk to strangers? :eyecrazy:

I already have a friend his name is Patrick

If I understand what OP meant then what he is saying is through the natural course of playing you will make friends and that it would make far more sense for people to buy and sell among friends rather then from strangers over the auction.

I would rather sell to strangers. I trade with friends to help them out and they generally get a discount. Strangers pay full price or more on auction so that's where I make more money. Plus I am pretty antisocial. Like to keep a small friend list. And you don't need to meet up to do the deal which can be pain depending on time zones.

So the auction house rocks. I just want to be able to filter MU reports by planet so I can get a more useful idea of the value of items.

KikkiJikki

MMORPG, Don't talk to strangers? XD

Yeah I love the anonymity of the MMORPG environment. Plus I am shy. Internet is the best thing ever as it allows me to set the level of interaction with the rest of the world.

This should help crafters and shop owners.

No, this would only help crafters who are also shopowners and who have a huge bankroll. Starting a small crafter career as new or low budget player would get virtually impossible.

How things are now one can skill up to BPC at least with smart component crafting for free. The auction plays an important role in that.

Make some friends and go support them. Stop buying from strangers and help you friends stay ingame by purchasing from them.

Nothing prevents you or anybody from doing so. But why would you want to force your idea of ingame economy and socializing on everyone else?

Beside, the auction and buying from friends or help out friendly crafters with recources are not mutually exclusive, quite the opposite.

And what made you think we need an new thread about this after only 6 months? Can't see any new arguments in your opening post.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...03328-Would-you-like-the-Auction-House-closed

I just wanted to play here. It was a fun debate. No the Auction House will not go anyplace.
Will there be a fix. Who knows if one is even needed. You can find many good threads about it.
I just like to argue but have lost this one.
I agree with you all. The Auction House is a good thing. I hate to run around.
It was fun to watch some of the oldest players get excited.

Love the picture above. :} Ok back to hunting.
I use the Auction House all the time and have yet to buy anything from a shop.
Sad to say but all to often true for us all.

I would rather sell to strangers. I trade with friends to help them out and they generally get a discount. Strangers pay full price or more on auction so that's where I make more money. Plus I am pretty antisocial. Like to keep a small friend list. And you don't need to meet up to do the deal which can be pain depending on time zones.

So the auction house rocks. I just want to be able to filter MU reports by planet so I can get a more useful idea of the value of items.

KikkiJikki
This (mostly - I'm not antisocial in-game :)). Most trades within my society go for tt rates - even for ores, most of the time. I need to sell the random people to get more markup.

This (mostly - I'm not antisocial in-game :)). Most trades within my society go for tt rates - even for ores, most of the time. I need to sell the random people to get more markup.

But don't forget to share: The crafters also create the items needed by the soc members (in some socs) at tt value back to the member; And the crafter is using his/her items and risking the loss on failures and near misses too as well as using metal res to complete the item at the level desired by the member. "Order to Go"

i must smile :)
in old days it was so easy to make friends,almost everybody from my FL i have meet before VU10 maybe 2-5 name more after VU10 lol really weird but its true:tongue2:
so i guess everybody think Dont Talk to Salsa lmao

The Auction house makes it more hard to make peds.
If you sell your goods on the AH then you have to pay the AH fees.
Why are you paying the AH when you can pay your friends who have a store?
If the Auction House was not in operation then you could sell your goods to people on the street or in chat or in your society or at your favorite website.
You cannot do thoes things as easy because the goverment runs a store on every corner. Can you say "Monopoly".
You allready pay the game to build your skills and even then they take more then they give when you make an item.
So now you want to also pay them more when you sell the item.
Could you at least pay a player to do this instead of the game.
If you dont want to play with people then why are you online?
If you are playing for the future then you should build friends now.

Do you want the game to grow. How are people going to stay online and play if none buy the items they make.

Anyhow Im not going to debate this again and again year after year.
Thats not the point of this thread.

The point is its grown old and useless. Go ahead and buy from the Auction House. I dont care anymore!
You will not be able to find the good items at good prices anymore. The auction house price will be above what you can buy in a shop or from a friend. So go ahead and pay extra. Its your loss.

At last the Auction house is old and useless unless you are just trying to unload junk and then you will end up spending more then you make.

Have fun at the Auction House. You would have more luck just using an UL weapon. At least that way you will not have to spend the inflated MU at the AH.
With so many blue prints. YOU WILL HAVE TO FIND A SHOP OR CRAFTER TO BUY AT A GOOD PRICE THE ITEMS THAT ARE WANTED MOST UNLESS YOU WANT TO THROW AWAY MONEY IN LAZYNESS.

But the auction house is full of amazing under cutters who give me super good deals on stuff as they savagely cut each others prices 24/7 :yay:

Just browsing the economy and saw this... I must say I agree with who ever says stick with their friends. I love buying from them and selling to them. Its how we can build a web within our own friends, make the game easier on eachother. I suppose im what you call a "Loyal Customer". You know what I use the auction for? wasting PED.

Back