Auction of Items from Banned Avatar

Status
Good to see a statement from Mindark that is has finally been put to bed, and robbing the loot pool will not be tolerated by cheats. I'm sure many of us suffered from reduced returns during that period, to account for these people taking unfair peds from all of us.

I'm sure I read somewhere Mindark took the case to court and a fine was issued (I'm sure the web searchers can dig this out).

The good news is a majortiy of the items look to have been recouped, must have been a hell of job to sort this out, and some items I guess lost forever.

Maybe putting up the LA's to auction is not the best idea, how much interest will there be when most of the community already know they cant compete with current LA owners incomes. It will be like the motherships almost impossible to bring new LA managers into EU. I for one will not stretch to depot 50K peds, when I know I dont stand a chance.

We need some type on Monopoly ruling for in game assets such as Land areas.

What about if MA runs a hunting event, with the 100 + 200 places so everyone gets a chance to win a LA?

MA might need to do the numbers, but maybe this might bring in more income than selling the LA's. Or maybe sell a few, but put the others to prizes.

Good advertising too I would imagine.

Be nice to hear from MA, confirmation of the fine, and if any deal was done. I hope they told them to run away don't come back and expect no deal, nothing.

Any toughts?

Rick

I for one will not stretch to depot 50K peds, when I know I dont stand a chance.

And MA did not include the concession from previous auctions that deposits of losing bidders could be withdrawn again without the usual fees (or delay?).

Perhaps they will add that later, as they would clearly prefer new money to be used rather than in-game funds.

Last edited:
Nostrop. Too bad the good items were stashed on another avatar before the ban hammer fell.

there's still some neat stuff!...

Fi/Ra/Co Dante
Fi/Ra/Co Dante
Land Area Deed
Land Area Deed
Land Area Deed
Land Area Deed
Meckel & Loch ML-45
Omegaton A106
Omegaton A106
Omegaton ASG-2 Swine Deluxe
Shopkeeper Pad
Shopkeeper Pad
Teleportation Chip III

(unknown size skill chips too)

Anyone else think the 50k starting big sucks? They were frozen forever and MA keeps all the taxes (we assume) that was generated. They have to get another 50k+ on top of that too?
Frozen items it's like a house in forclosure you get from the bank or Autos you get from repos..
it should be CHEAP. How about starting bid 5k?
I hope everyone doesn't pay a lot, try and get a good deal outta this.

Also, yea I'm with a lot of other people, the items aren't that exciting.

storage.hunters.jpg

Question is... will Brandon and Lori turn up? :cool:

Yuuuup!! ;)

... and what did those A106 go on?

It was before the amp nerf. They could have gone on an Opalo back then.

Nostrop. Too bad the good items were stashed on another avatar before the ban hammer fell.

how can one stash items on another avatar when MA can track any item that comes into the world and knows every avatar that has held the item one thinks :wise:

If the money got from the auctions all falls in MA pockets (yea not stated in the OP but fair assumption), I think this is yet another case of showing how greedy/desperate they are. The LAs and the items were all looted/bought once. Now they will need to be bought again.
I don't see how the compensation for bot-user actions should go to MA since the ones suffering from it were the other players.
Dropping them too lootpool or events would indeed be much better.

Am I blind or on Crack, or are no items on auction yet? I don't see any LAs, TP chip, amps...?

If the money got from the auctions all falls in MA pockets (yea not stated in the OP but fair assumption), I think this is yet another case of showing how greedy/desperate they are. The LAs and the items were all looted/bought once. Now they will need to be bought again.
I don't see how the compensation for bot-user actions should go to MA since the ones suffering from it were the other players.

+1 (and a few more characters)

Well, if they need money so badly that even have started scraping such a long forgotten bottoms, maybe letting them have these money is in the interests of the players. Maybe their programmers are starving :D

...Still...what mob to hunt and in result you get `advantage over other participants` ?...was any mob that was dropping uber items like snables drop hides or what?
...nvm im not that curious...

I get what you mean about the money, and I agree with that part, but that aspect aside... I'd rather have these items go on the auction than into the loot pool! It's just too bad the money goes to MA! :dunno:

(event prizes, might have been the best idea for the non-junk items) :thumbup:

Good to see a statement from Mindark that is has finally been put to bed, and robbing the loot pool will not be tolerated by cheats. I'm sure many of us suffered from reduced returns during that period, to account for these people taking unfair peds from all of us.

Unless A) they had hundreds of avatars involed, with the right equipment, and B) that equipment allowed them to hunt with a steady TT profit (in itself unlikely) - then I simply don't see how this could be. 3 avatars, even hunting 24/7, is a drop in the ocean compared to the game in large.

(From what seems most likely, this was a hunting bot. No evidence has been put forward to suggest that it was a direct exploit to gain PED.)

Anyone else think the 50k starting big sucks? They were frozen forever and MA keeps all the taxes (we assume) that was generated. They have to get another 50k+ on top of that too?

You're right. They should sell all LAs to me for 20k PED each. ... I'd be very surprised if these LAs had not gone for at least 50k PED even with a 1 PED start bid.

Fair assumption you say - I dunno about that.

It's very possible that Nostrop got all his accumulated deposits (be that a lot or a little) returned to him.
It's also possible that the money from the sales will go to Nostrop.

And even if the money goes to MA. Why should they not have it? The lawsuit was already mentioned, though there seems very little clear about if that actually happened or not. I say so what if they get another 300k PED (or whatever amount)? Lawsuit or no - this whole debacle will have cost MA a lot of money no matter what.

Last edited:
Wasn't Kimmi and others locked for a brief period for this reason?

Indeed he was, crying like a bitch... promising MA never to do it again.

From what I remember he was indeed locked, for having an item that had some problems. But how he got that, why he got that, from who he got that and when he got that I do not know

It didnt have anything to do with Hunterz, nostrop items.

I'd be very surprised if these LAs had not gone for at least 50k PED even with a 1 PED start bid.

oooh, you should have seen this one time... they sold these Islands...

No other avatars ? No high end itemZ ?

A desperate 15k €+ "bonus claim" ?

Donnerwetter...

I imagine the 50K sb is because thats what they agreed to pay him back per la.

No other avatars ? No high end itemZ ?

A desperate 15k €+ "bonus claim" ?

Donnerwetter...

Umm Ditto...

Love that they are finally doing this. It seems though many of us are wondering about the missing higher end items and what has happened to them. I think MA needs to explain a bit more please. Will they be dropped? Are they gone forever? Are they on other avatars and may be available in the future?

Please respond.. and thanks for finally doing this. *small bit of faith back*.... :wtg:

Imo, if they were doing it for money, it would be better to sell 1 LA per week, not all in 1 week... But i dont know...
at those prices... Great investment...

Also if you have 4 LA's... Why run a bot? I dont get that. Or what was this person actually doing?

Does running a hunting bot really harmed MA that much? Wow if so lol ...

I feel bad for those guys who got locked for this. They could atleast warned them + charged PEDs if they should do it twice or so, but just TOO bad to just lock some big investor which makes MA loose more investment from that/those ppl instead of just warn them to not do such thing once or twice...

If the money goes to MA, then it means they are stealing? If it goes to the banned ones, or some of it, then its ok i guess.

Thats my thoughts

Also if you have 4 LA's... Why run a bot? I dont get that. Or what was this person actually doing?

Becasue he bought the LA's with dodgy ped, can you imagine how much ped we are taking about could be 500K to 1 miliion ped+

That is not normal return. Add on the other stuff you are talking mega peds.

Now all that stuff was ped stolen from the loot pool, and explains why so many of us had hard time, it's a miracle many of us are still around. Very expensive time in game.

we are talking a few years ago.

Rick

...stolen from the loot pool...

No loot theory whatsoever allows this to happen.

Using a bot to hunt 24/7 is not really much of an advantage, most of us would only lose 4 times of what they lose in the usual 6 hours of play...

I know, nobody can really answer that, but it's worth wasting a thought or two on this line:
How could you possibly "steal" from the loot pool?

i think the community should pull a medusa island deal on the land deads again make them go for super low. So silly that MA is making DOUBLE money off of these.

Becasue he bought the LA's with dodgy ped, can you imagine how much ped we are taking about could be 500K to 1 miliion ped+

That is not normal return. Add on the other stuff you are talking mega peds.

Now all that stuff was ped stolen from the loot pool, and explains why so many of us had hard time, it's a miracle many of us are still around. Very expensive time in game.

we are talking a few years ago.

Rick

Well i didnt mean it like that, i mean, he had 4 LA's making ped, why run a bot? To build his avatar? Maybe im just missing something... If i had 4 LA's id go straight to high usage player. Waste peds... Ect..

Also, are any of these LA's valueable just cuz the dna?

Status
Back