Auction of Items from Banned Avatar

Status
i think the community should pull a medusa island deal on the land deads again make them go for super low. So silly that MA is making DOUBLE money off of these.

Yes, lets sit down and discuss who the winners should be, and let me know when community have reached an agreement.:wise:

i think the community should pull a medusa island deal on the land deads again make them go for super low. So silly that MA is making DOUBLE money off of these.

Id join in on that :)

If you had the PEDs back then and you actually knew what you were doing, "filling your own jackpot" 24/7 couldnt be that wrong...

Else Nostrop would have bought skill chips en masse, wouldnt he ? ;p

Well i didnt mean it like that, i mean, he had 4 LA's making ped, why run a bot? To build his avatar? Maybe im just missing something... If i had 4 LA's id go straight to high usage player. Waste peds... Ect..

Also, are any of these LA's valueable just cuz the dna?

Good mining and some good dna.

You guys think they were running a hunting bot to lose ped? lol

Maxed imp mk II back then I'm fairly sure you could profit just on tt return. Which is probably why MA got so pissed off.

I think it's great that MA makes a public example like this that cheating will get you banned and all your items sold off.

Having said that, I think they should explain what the proceeds of the auction will be used for. I say that because it's potentially a conflict of interest when the judge/jury are the ones to benefit from their decision.

If the proceeds go into an event fund used to fund in-game events that all players benefit from, then great. If the proceeds go to the banned avi's as a condition of finally settling the dispute, then great. If the proceeds will be used to step up enforcement of EULA violations, then great. If the proceeds will be used to hire another programmer or quality assurance person, then great.

But if they don't state how the funds will be used, then I'm left wondering if they aren't just going to take the funds out of the game and put them into executive bonuses, which, IMO, doesn't do much for the prosperity of the game.

So i read in the Highlights that someone.....was banned. I would like to ask: who is he????
i really hope that asking is not against any FPC forum rule. In case my apologies.

Moreover gz to MA to have taken move against the exploiter. I hope MA will continue in this way......

Dude read the thread, page 2 or 3 :)

I think it's great that MA makes a public example like this that cheating will get you banned and all your items sold off.

Having said that, I think they should explain what the proceeds of the auction will be used for. I say that because it's potentially a conflict of interest when the judge/jury are the ones to benefit from their decision.

If the proceeds go into an event fund used to fund in-game events that all players benefit from, then great. If the proceeds go to the banned avi's as a condition of finally settling the dispute, then great. If the proceeds will be used to step up enforcement of EULA violations, then great. If the proceeds will be used to hire another programmer or quality assurance person, then great.

But if they don't state how the funds will be used, then I'm left wondering if they aren't just going to take the funds out of the game and put them into executive bonuses, which, IMO, doesn't do much for the prosperity of the game.

Wasnt there a lawsuit on this? At which everything was determined and/ or discussed there, coming to a conclusion they both finally agreed on?

At the moment when those ppl were locked most people were hunting longu and some ambus. You could see ubers hunting big longus on Beene's land all day long. IMK2 was a constant profit machine. Besides skills weren't worthless like they are now.

I'm quite sure they were profiting more from hunting than from LAs...

+1!
In fact, the skill generation was the main profit source for these guys, and most of hi-level hunters, beyond HA/CHA 10/10 (Level 100) You could lose some, and win some randomly, like we all did, but the profit from commando/killstrike, defensives, still remained :)

That was an entirely different economy, with worst case output of 70% TT on extremely bad runs, if you avoided certain maturity of mobs, no widespread limited item use or availability, and no mob regeneration.

At the moment when those ppl were locked most people were hunting longu and some ambus. You could see ubers hunting big longus on Beene's land all day long. IMK2 was a constant profit machine. Besides skills weren't worthless like they are now.

So the Ark Royal will be next going on Auction yes MA??

While Ur Feeling So generous MA :D:D

hmm lil off text but while ur at it MA,, can u add all the lost items due to the Failed first edition of the tiering system .. thers a few hundred weapons,tools , and armours there to add :yay::D

have i missed something or why are all assuming the peds from the auction sales will go to MA, my bet the discussion with the banned guy ended in an agreement to let MA auction it off, and the guy getting his peds out.

otherwise MA would just have tt´d all stuff, and cycled back the items into the lootpool where possible.

Where's all the good shit at?!

have i missed something or why are all assuming the peds from the auction sales will go to MA, my bet the discussion with the banned guy ended in an agreement to let MA auction it off, and the guy getting his peds out.

otherwise MA would just have tt´d all stuff, and cycled back the items into the lootpool where possible.

i hope thats true ..

Not gonna strip him of skills too :scratch2:

It seems that Land Shed aren't included in the LA purchase, some more money in their pockets :)

Sheds may have been owned by someone else or the LA are being sold in a way that you get the Shed Deed when you buy the LA deed.:scratch2:

They were advertising own LAs while profiting tt wise. Those times the loot window still looked different than it does today :) Remember the stacks of peds instead of piles of near tt items?
This story smells like a lot of greed, the bothunters for willing more while doing nothing. MA for not giving the confiscated property back in a better way.
Well if the sale income goes to somewhere else than MA's pocket, could still be fine.
About the skills - Nostrop didn't have too much left they optimized the skills so that HunterZ would be a super-uber (315hp that time was amazing volume).

Not gonna strip him of skills too :scratch2:

As the Terms of Use says:
Terminated Account (or “Account Termination”) means that the Account is purged and that You will no longer be able to retrieve its contents or to re-activate it to access Entropia Universe. Purging the Account means that, when applicable, all skills will be deleted, any estate deeds will be transferred back to MindArk and/or MindArk's Partner and the virtual objects on the Account will be exchanged for their Trade Terminal (TT) value. The aggregated value will be added to the balance on the PED Card connected to Your Account for You to withdraw if exceeding the minimal withdrawal limit of 1 000 PED. Any pending transactions involving a Terminated Account will be revoked.

According to my Fap list : https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?232117-Mod-amp-Imp-fap-list-V2-0

following FAPs were owned by banned accounts:

Locked / Banned / Expired
-Crash0verride - Mod & Imp
-HunterZ - Mod
-Hieronyme - Mod

Or there are transferred and the new accounts are still locked and under investigation, or MA don't want these items back in the game.

It could be an option to put them beck in the lootpool, but MA can make much more money out of it to put em on auction, so I guess we won't see the mod/imp goodies back ingame anymore.

About the skills - Nostrop didn't have too much left they optimized the skills so that HunterZ would be a super-uber (315hp that time was amazing volume).

Daaamn 315 HP at THAT time? :eyecrazy:

Sheds may have been owned by someone else or the LA are being sold in a way that you get the Shed Deed when you buy the LA deed.:scratch2:

Afaik, LA deeds and LA shed deeds have always been seperate... Wasn't that even the basis of a scam a few years back? :scratch2:

Afaik, LA deeds and LA shed deeds have always been seperate... Wasn't that even the basis of a scam a few years back? :scratch2:

Sheds are separate in player to player trades, when the OLA was released first time in auction from MA, the Shed was included.

And indeed it was the basis of a scam, someone who listed the shed in aution for 300K-ish make it look it was a LA that was for sale and someone bought it not realizing it wasn't the actual LA.

I think selling of these items is a very good idea. It is boosting their figures (the stuff is bought for PED, and those PED are immediately fully for MA), and it isn't hurting anyone ingame.

With that logic, I would suggest to sell some other guys stuff as well. Skalman, Neomaven, yourself.

As you nicely put it, the stuff is bought for PED, those PED are immedately fully for MA, and itsn't hurting anyone ingame (since two of them barely play and the third is making unlogical statements in forum rather than spending peds ingame) :)
I think selling of these items is a very good idea. It is boosting their figures (the stuff is bought for PED, and those PED are immediately fully for MA), and it isn't hurting anyone ingame.

Status
Back