Auction packages

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yay

Votes: 86 74.1%
  • Nay

Votes: 30 25.9%

• Total voters

Defcon1

Young
Society
Aussie Entropians
Defcon Deffy One
I don't know if this has been suggested so apologies if it has. I searched 'auction packages' and nothing along these lines really came up so yeah.

I think being able to make auction packages would be cool so you could sell a whole bunch of stuff in one lot. People who deal in specific item types like ores, enmatters, paints, beauty products, materials etc would find this quite useful. The items in these packages obviously couldn't be evaluated in the market value since the auction price would reflect the package, not the individual items so that might be one drawback but I think the pros outweigh the cons.

Just an idea anyway :D

Yes, full armor sets could be cool to bid, not so cool to bid and follow 7 on going bids.

Yes, full armor sets could be cool to bid, not so cool to bid and follow 7 on going bids.

But then also hard to follow the separate parts price development. Different parts have different markups.
If implemented you must add separate markup bids for each part.

If you bid on 7 different parts in auction today, you just have to click "My bids" in auction to see them and then open each one of them. Not so hard IMO.

Defcon:
I don't really see a need for packages. So I have to say, no, I don't like the idea at all.

I've always wanted to be able to sell things together in auction, so I voted yes.

As far as the different markup amounts for different armor pieces .. if they're in a package - there's only one amount to bid. So, you'd just summarize the total of the 7 pieces of markup together, then put that as the tt+ amount you set for your startbid and/or buyout.

So, I voted yes - nothing more irritating when I'm looking for armor & I can't find one piece. :mad:

But what would be more to my liking ... selling outfits as packages.
Silly girl. :ahh:

Voted No because I believe it would not be possible to handle the Markup, as said in the previous posts.

Maybe it could be work only for sets of identical items with same condition???
Example: a set of "10 x Breer P4a(L) - All full TT".
That could be more easy to manage, a bit like current Auction Orders.
There could be some funny Auction Wars between resellers. :laugh:

But ... but .. I don't understand why it would be complicated to input the markup for 7 pieces of armor together.

For example, if the markups were like so :

Harness : +5k
Thighs : +2k
Arms : +4k
Shins : +1.5k
Gloves : +1k
Helmet : +3k
Shoes : +3.5k

Or .. am I missing something because I haven't had enough :coffee: ??
:ahh:

I don't really see the point for anything but armor, sorry..

Only thing you do as a seller is limiting who is willing to bid for your items.

If you listed them individually, someone could get one of the items, and someone else the other.

if its listed as a package, its take it or leave it on all of it.

I rather sell to different people then risking not selling it at all...

No real benefit for the buyer either, he can just get them all anyhow...

Not really anything thats worth more in a package besides possibly full sets of armors, then the items individually would be worth, and auction fee is based on markup, so it would be the same too.

Would also work for clothing sets like a full matching set of clothes textured in plumetergus leather or a set of clothes color co-ordinated.

It would be nice to buy curtains in pairs as well

I'd rather want to see a basic search function through all the mess in the auction.

In the abscence of any decent definitive header as to what this poll category is about I did not vote.
The lack of definitive header leads to concern about the validity of this poll!
Yes I Know its able to be found, however not a remark of focus is referenced on voting page therefore I regard this poll as invalid.

Last edited:
In the abscence of any decent definitive header as to what this poll category is about I did not vote.
The lack of definitive header leads to concern about the validity of this poll!
Yes I Know its able to be found, however not a remark of focus is referenced on voting page therefore I regard this poll as invalid.

:laugh: wtf .. please tell me you're joking.
Just read the VERY first post - it's pretty clear.
I'm not sure why you'd click on a thread and then basically refuse to read the first post, because the title was not 'up to par' for you. :scratch2:
Most polls are as such - explained in the first post by the topic starter.

I'd rather want to see a basic search function through all the mess in the auction.

I have been wishing for that, forever !!
I hate looking through 25 pages of random pistols when I'm looking for one specific one.

I think it would be a great idea...
My girl who i just got started playing said the same thing to me...
Cant i just buy a whole set of armor on auction at once...

I dont really see a problem with mixing items either, we have the auction markup for every item in game.. as the guy posted earlier

Mod fap +120k
Korss 350 L +20 ped

opening bid 120,020 ped

and i dont see how auction fee would get screwed but its possible it might be a bit complicated for the "auction programming team" at MA , it is easiest just to do it 1 item at a time....

no!

im sure you will more often have the problem that you find an item in package-auction, but dont really need the other ones, than finding a package where you can need all the things in it !

yay I take 2! what did i buy? :confused:

:laugh: wtf .. please tell me you're joking.
Just read the VERY first post - it's pretty clear.
I'm not sure why you'd click on a thread and then basically refuse to read the first post, because the title was not 'up to par' for you. :scratch2:
Most polls are as such - explained in the first post by the topic starter.

Well I can admit I got it wrong to some extent,

It's a bit confusing for the Noob to see a very minimal amount of information and then a post vote 1 or 2 options hence my question / comments about validity.

I agree to this idea, but only partly :wise: Putting things as tailoring materials in a group isn't helping anyone from my part of view, as that would be hard to calculate, but armour sets and stuff would be nice :)

Macce - Yeah sorry mate, I did use the search function to have a quick squizz to see if anything came up with regards to this topic but I didn't see anything.

With regards to the idea, I think people are right with the difficulty in calculating markup and market value for specific items in the package. I think the best way around that would be to not include items in packages in the tally for market value since it might warp it a bit.

I think the people who would benefit most are crafters who might be looking to buy bulk at once rather than bidding individually on all the materials they need. Hunters and miners as well may appreciate it when they can throw in all their oils, skins and what not in one package rather than make a listing for each item or stand around a TP selling.

Ah well can't please everybody though :) Thanks for everyone's feedback.

Xaph - As Danielle said, all the information with which the poll regards is in my first post. Not totally sure how you missed that?

I think the people who would benefit most are crafters who might be looking to buy bulk at once rather than bidding individually on all the materials they need.

In my experience, most crafters that use the auction buy for BO, or through order.
Very few of the high volume stuff actually expire with bids on them, unless the BO was set way high, but then it usually goes to resellers that snatch them up.
Then it doesn't matter if they are listed like one or several items.
I know I would prefer several, then I could get the best deal by combining to buy from several sellers instead of having to take someones bad deal just because its bundled with something I need or a good deal...

If crafters are price sensitive, or want special or big bulk deals, they don't use the auction at all, but have personal contacts. (quite a lot in auction fee to be saved there)

Would you really set your big nice "auction package" at a lower price then the individual parts of it added together?
You would have to, for it to be any point to bid on it... (unless you have a collection of really rare stuff)

Hunters and miners as well may appreciate it when they can throw in all their oils, skins and what not in one package rather than make a listing for each item or stand around a TP selling.

Well sure, but who would want a package like that?
That isn't someone already standing around at the TP shouting to buy everything?

I still don't see much point of this suggestion, sorry... Think it mainly complicates things for most involved, and that it at best is superfluous...

Back