Auction Selling Advice

AckerZ

Old Alpha
Society
Dirty Dingos
Anonymous AckerZ Anonymous
Are there any guides on how to sell on the Auction House? Im not really sure I fully understand how to structure listings to increase the likelihood of a sale.

Should I aim to be the cheapest with a large stack or split into smaller stacks?

Market Value figures are your friend. I never split to smaller stacks unless it's a VERY huge stack with a decent mark up. Also - search in AH for the same item(s) you want to sell to see what prices others are selling for. Just be aware that many others don't know how to use AH either and will list items at dumb/low prices or dumb/high prices. And take a look at the ORDERS tab in AH which can indicate the items that other players are looking to buy. The ORDERS system is not a perfect system though...even if items are listed there your item still may not sell.

Last thing: Don't be greedy. Greed will kill your PED card every time.

This is my 2 pecs...others may have a different view of the AH system.

Hope this helps.

Are there any guides on how to sell on the Auction House? Im not really sure I fully understand how to structure listings to increase the likelihood of a sale.

Should I aim to be the cheapest with a large stack or split into smaller stacks?

That is a very good question to be asking and the answer is not that simple actually. I have been using the auction very hardcore for 4-5 years now, and when I say hardcore, I mean spending a couple of hours on average each day browsing and checking listed items and their market histories. I'm not going to try to make a complete guide to using the auction right here in this thread, I'm just going to keep it very simple for now but if you want you can message me in-game and I can try to advise you regarding the specific items you are trying to sell.

Large stacks only:
There are some things that you should only sell in the largest stacks possible, like for example Metal Residue, Animal Oils/Hide and Socket Components. The majority of users of these things will typically be looking to pay the lowest mu possible and since they go through thousands of these things routinely, there really is no demand for the smaller stacks. That doesn't mean that smaller stacks never sell, they occasionally do, but I've had too many failed auctions to count at this point so I have totally given up on trying to squeeze out a little more money out of those things.

Smaller stacks welcome:
There are many things in the game that sell quite well in smaller stacks. Most of these are those things used in tier upgrades like for example Tier Components 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10. These Tier Components sell so well in small stacks that I don't even bother with large stacks anymore. Others would include Garnets/Opals, certain resources used in tier upgrading like frigulite and typo... Up to you to research what else sells in small quantities, just look at the market history and pay attention to the dotted blue line (can't see it on yearly graph but can usually see it on monthly or weekly).

Specific quantity:
Textures (and skins), as well as paint should be listed in multiples of 323. Your 323/646/969 stack will most likely sell before others since 323 is how many you need per field when coloring/texturing an item. So a user will favor the 323 stack as that means no leftovers.

If you don't have the quantities required, your options are to save in storage until you do, or find someone that's willing to give you a fair price for your loot. I often do this for members of my society and this is a win-win for us all as they can keep cycling ped and I can add these things to my stack and usually make a bit of profit on it when I auction it. There are traders at Twin Peaks that buy a lot of things. If selling at a discount to these guys means you don't have to depo, it is an option that should be considered (save the depo fees).

Cheers,
Legends

Last edited:
That is a very good question to be asking and the answer is not that simple actually. I have been using the auction very hardcore for 4-5 years now, and when I say hardcore, I mean spending a couple of hours on average each day browsing and checking listed items and their market histories. I'm not going to try to make a complete guide to using the auction right here in this thread, I'm just going to keep it very simple for now but if you want you can message me in-game and I can try to advise you regarding the specific items you are trying to sell.

Large stacks only:
There are some things that you should only sell in the largest stacks possible, like for example Metal Residue, Animal Oils/Hide and Socket Components. The majority of users of these things will typically be looking to pay the lowest mu possible and since they go through thousands of these things routinely, there really is no demand for the smaller stacks. That doesn't mean that smaller stacks never sell, they occasionally do, but I've had too many failed auctions to count at this point so I have totally given up on trying to squeeze out a little more money out of those things.

Smaller stacks welcome:
There are many things in the game that sell quite well in smaller stacks. Most of these are those things used in tier upgrades like for example Tier Components 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10. These Tier Components sell so well in small stacks that I don't even bother with large stacks anymore. Others would include Garnets/Opals, certain resources used in tier upgrading like frigulite and typo... Up to you to research what else sells in small quantities, just look at the market history and pay attention to the dotted blue line (can't see it on yearly graph but can usually see it on monthly or weekly).

Specific quantity:
Textures (and skins), as well as paint should be listed in multiples of 323. Your 323/646/969 stack will most likely sell before others since 323 is how many you need per field when coloring/texturing an item. So a user will favor the 323 stack as that means no leftovers.

If you don't have the quantities required, your options are to save in storage until you do, or find someone that's willing to give you a fair price for your loot. I often do this for members of my society and this is a win-win for us all as they can keep cycling ped and I can add these things to my stack and usually make a bit of profit on it when I auction it. There are traders at Twin Peaks that buy a lot of things. If selling at a discount to these guys means you don't have to depo, it is an option that should be considered (save the depo fees).

Cheers,
Legends

That was about as perfect a response as I could have hoped for!

Going to digest it and put in practice, thanks a lot.

By greedy do you mean pricing too high on the listing price and the buyout.?

By greedy do you mean pricing too high on the listing price and the buyout.?

Yes. And I forgot to say in my response to you that I always use buyout. Not that you have to. That's totally up to you of course.

That isn't true.
For items like animal muscle oil it may hold true.
For other items, like UL stuff it may not.

That isn't true.
For items like animal muscle oil it may hold true.
For other items, like UL stuff it may not.

Alukat: The part about being greedy holds true in a general sense. Don't confuse YOUR experience with that of a new player who is trying to stay solvent in game. Give a noob a chance mkay?

:headbang:

Reviving this thread to ask if anyone knows any good threads/articles/videos on how to interpret the market value/market history tab?

You don't you just hope there are people more dumb ... uhh willing to invest even more than the people before :rocket: :diamondhands:

Back