FYI: AUCTION WARNING: Guy selling deeds for 12000 ped

Status

sbi

Elite
Sbinortz Sbi Latz'tek
BE careful what you click on... A guy is selling deeds for 12000 peds (not 1200). Clearly in the hope to sucker people. Same ending time as other deeds. Don't rush it and make a careless bid!

If anyone know the guy you might want to pm him and report this OBVIOUS 'error'! :mad:

/Sbinortz

so some one can accidently put the price too low, but they cant put it too high :rolleyes:

or is this an avatar with form for such behaviour?

so some one can accidently put the price too low, but they cant put it too high :rolleyes:

or is this an avatar with form for such behaviour?

Well this particular avatar made the same 'error' atleast two times in a row...
Furthermore I added him to FL and told him about it... and deeds are still in auction.

fair enough, didnt want to see someone tarnished as a scammer who might have made an error. (i think i did it once on an esi)

Reactions: sbi
Good call REP+ definit SCammer move cause of all those DEEDS in auction at 1200

good job

lol

Can't wait for the next story here on the forum whining that they bought a single one for 12k. It doesn't stop amazing me how careless some people are when it comes to money.

But yes, a bit cheeky to try that, not a scam though, a legal move he can sell at any price he likes

Angel

lol

Can't wait for the next story here on the forum whining that they bought a single one for 12k. It doesn't stop amazing me how careless some people are when it comes to money.

But yes, a bit cheeky to try that, not a scam though, a legal move he can sell at any price he likes

Angel

Yes, def not a scam. You can set whatever BO you want. Just hoping for someone careless to make a mistake.

Just be more careful out there, don't play EU when you are drunk, don't do important stuff when you are almost asleep etc.

I saw it as well, clearly a scam to sucker people in. Also who is this avatar, never heard of him before, but seems to have lots of Peds from what he is selling so many CLDs.

Just seen on auction. Not only is the price to sucker people in he also places them around same time as maximum deeds seller, has no buyout and same 24 hour auction. So basically mimics maximum deeds guy in every way except the extortionate price. Very easy to fall for if someone is not paying attention especially the ones who bid on large stacks as they will have a big ped card.

@few scars he has a forum account and made a thread on here in last few days (probably not a good idea for me to mention forum name)

you should... so we can get to the bottom of this.....
serious ignorance tryin to get a suckker which could happen and would be horrible.

sorry i just looked at this on auction and there is 2 single DEEDS at the price of 12000
and you believe it's not a attempt at tryin to scam people?
come on.

Last edited:
you should... so we can get to the bottom of this.....
serious ignorance tryin to get a suckker which could happen and would be horrible.

sorry i just looked at this on auction and there is 2 single DEEDS at the price of 12000
and you believe it's not a attempt at tryin to scam people?
come on.

You may view it from any angle possible, but fact remains, it is not a scam, its a legal auction of an item for the sellers desired price

Whether it is ethical is highly questionable, but this thread is turning into a witch hunt imo.

That said, if someone is dumb enough to waste over 1000 dollars by not paying attention, he/she is either extremely rich or extremely dumb ... For neither I would have sympathy.

Just my 2 cents

Angel

You may view it from any angle possible, but fact remains, it is not a scam, its a legal auction of an item for the sellers desired price

Whether it is ethical is highly questionable, but this thread is turning into a witch hunt imo.

That said, if someone is dumb enough to waste over 1000 dollars by not paying attention, he/she is either extremely rich or extremely dumb ... For neither I would have sympathy.

Just my 2 cents

Angel

One could argue it is a market manipulation attempt.

What makes this a scam attempt in my book is that the seller is clearly NOT counting on that someone will buy his deed at his price (12000 ped) knowingly. He is hoping that a buyer mistakes his sale for a sale made by Maxim. And that the buyer does not notice the extra zero in the calculation.

/sbinortz

What makes this a scam attempt in my book is that the seller is clearly NOT counting on that someone will buy his deed at his price (12000 ped) knowingly. He is hoping that a buyer mistakes his sale for a sale made by Maxim. And that the buyer does not notice the extra zero in the calculation.

/sbinortz

Again, even though what he does is unethical (even in my view), one cannot put him in the scamming corner simply because he is not breaking any laws, his auction is legit.

You'll find that all over the internet you have offers that are borderline legal targeting only the inexperienced or careless user. So why should this Universe be any different?

Whenever real money is involved you'll have to be careful, if you're not you usually get screwed over.

But hey, I doubt that anyone is actually that stupid to fall for it and if he had a few auctions running with no buyer he'll stop on his own account since it must cost quite a buck auctioning stuff with that much markup

Angel

It can not be market manipulation since he can not know if anyone will buy at that price, market manipulation is if you put something up and buy it with another ava yourself or have someone else to buy it to raise manipulate the market history.

/sbinortz

Unethical I can definitely agree on since it´s obvious he/she is hoping for someone to do a big mistake, someone who maybe finally has managed to build up his/her balance enough after maybe years of sweating, selling and trading, just to see it gone in one click! All that time and effort for nothing.
One can only hope no one falls for it.

But, this is not a scam, not a mv manipulation and not illegal.

I think <removed> made this mistake by accident. And i hope mods wont delete his name from this post, cause i am not calling him scammer, just calling him little bit careless ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well regardless of what ayone thinks I call it a scam attempt anyways.

It's like the things I've recently seen where people put a very high buyout on auc.
When bidding sometimes people tick the buyout checkbox so that they can't by accident do the arrow up on a listing without buyout. That would make you loose all your ped of course. Kind of safety measure. This has been seen on forum many times where people look for someone because this had happened to them.

Now in order to try and harvest all your peds anyways you can see this kind of stuff (2 parts of the names removed)

<removed> - 09-01-2013 Finder F-106 (T7.4) +60000.12 ped
<removed> - 04-11-2012 Marber Bravo +25221.00 ped
<removed> - 06-11-2012 Cold-ir +24086.15 ped
<removed>- 09-01-2012 Welding Wire Blueprint (L) (QR013) 255001.00 ped
<removed> - 02-01-2013 Julklapp 2012 6666.00 ped
<removed> - 18-12-2012 1 Welding Wire 10000.00 ped
<removed> - 08-11-2012 Robot Sensor +10000.85 ped
<removed> - 26-11-2012 Enigma Bra Blueprint +29998.95 ped
<removed> - 06-12-2012 Seduce Miniskirt Blueprint (QR007) +24998.92 ped
<removed> - 13-12-2012 Ecivox Laser Sight +9876307.35 ped
<removed> - 02-12-2012 Svempa S40 (L) Blueprint (L) 9110001.00 ped
<removed> - 29-11-2012 111 Longu Claw 9999999.00 ped
<removed> - 28-12-2012 Simple I Plastic Springs Blueprint (QR001) +9999998.99 ped
<removed> - 05-11-2012 Halloween Torch +10000.99 ped
<removed> - 26-11-2012 Pioneer Face Guard (L) Blueprint +900.000.99 ped
<removed> - 11-01-2013 ROCKtropia War Bond Blueprint(L) (QR001) 90001.00 ped
<removed> - 04-01-2013 Grand Halloween Fireworks (75 shots) 501.00 ped
<removed> - 11-01-2013 Hoverpod Mk3 (C,L) 6681599.00 ped
<removed> - 15-12-2012 Omegaton Detectonator MD-10 Tier 0.0 +9999996.80 ped
<removed> - 10-11-2012 44 Plasma 9999999.00 ped
<removed> - 02-01-2013 Halloween Torch +8998.99 ped
<removed> - 28-11-2012 Plamsa Kyller Zwei +1000059.50 ped
<removed> - 14-12-2012 Mechanomatrix Adapter Unit II Blueprint +200000.99 ped
<removed> - 14-12-2012 Mechanomatrix Adapter Unit III Blueprint +200000.99 ped
<removed> - 31-12-2012 Vigilante Helmet (F) +90090.81 ped
<removed> - 11-11-2012 1 Brukite 111.00 ped
<removed> - 11-11-2012 1 Kaldon 111.00 ped
<removed> - 18-12-2012 10 Mission Token 250.00 ped
<removed> - 08-01-2013 Basic Processor Blueprint (QR38) +1000000.61 ped
<removed> - 08-01-2013 Hardened Metal Mountings Blueprint (QR37) +1000000.62 ped
<removed> - 08-01-2013 Simple II Conductors Blueprint (QR65) +1000000.34 ped

I consider those all scam attempts. Seems a never ending thing.

It's great to see MA lowered the fee to sell deeds from what was it 60-80 to just 9-10 for singles. The downside is that what "scammers" could do with BO already on items (as it costs them nothing) they can now do with SB on deeds.

Think there is a actually a pretty big chance he will get a bid, atleast if you counter in he can do this 500 times with 20 ped fee, (not sure exactly the fee) and be even if just one bid.
First round I bid 1307 by mistake, and was outbid with 1308 and 1309, meaning THREE mistakes and I think there was another deed too that went for 1307. Only limiting factor here is that people actually need to have 12000 ped on card, and that is not so many, and they are usually more careful, but maybe not enough.

Hmm, one CLD at 12k ped. At 4 ped a week that would take 3000 weeks, or over 57 years to break even. Assuming the base price remains the same after all those years.

:dance:

This is clearely an attempt of scam, regardless nothing is versus EULA.

That's why I suggest to improve auction system to prevent the mistakes. I think a mistake that involves 10k+ peds shouldn't happen, and we can't complain if someone leaves EU for something like that.

Let's protect ourself, VOTE here for improvments in auction system: AUCTION PETITION

I think <removed> made this mistake by accident. And i hope mods wont delete his name from this post, cause i am not calling him scammer, just calling him little bit careless ;)

The person who triggered this thread was not <removed>. <removed> may have seen this thread and decided to do same or may have been genuine mistake...

In short looks like a copycat, we may see more ...

its not stupid to ask 12000 peds from deed its stupid to pay that.. if u cant see the difference in 1200 and 12000 u deserve to lose those peds

Wish MA would put in a new column in auctions and in shop markups so you can see BOTH the tt+ markup as well as the %. Would keep people from accidentally falling for stuff like this. When auction says greater than 9999% or whatever it says it's kind of easy to make mistakes if you aren't paying attention. It might have been just an accident by the seller - clicking one too many zeros.

While it is not Illegal persay but it sure is unethical.

What happens at the last 5 minutes of deed sale is that everyone with enough cash in hand becomes less careful and bidding is at a frenzy. There is a very very big probability of getting a bid in on such a sale that the *Evil* guy is trying to cash in on.

I dont think anything can be done about it though, besides make people aware of the attempt and make sure that it runs out of time every time.

The guy in my eyes is a *scammer* nontheless.

Regards,

Divinity

People can sell items for whatever price they like. If people are stupid enough to over pay, then they obviously have too many peds.

People can sell items for whatever price they like. If people are stupid enough to over pay, then they obviously have too many peds.

In a free market people are indeed free to set whatever price they like. Totally agree.

However, calling someone stupid if they fall for this "trap" doesn't seem right.

Justifying a free market is all well and good but justifying unethical tactics by calling "victims" stupid and saying they deserve to loose peds seems to either indicate an hatred of people with more money or a justification of unethical behavior or both.

This free market is too much free.
There is one dude who is selling Finder F-106 for 10.000 and with buyout 60.000 in auction.
Auction is probably full of small and bigg fishing "errors" ofc "non intentional".
All in name of MU without any regulations.
Only government i know that do not fight inflation ( and infinite rising MU ) and in our case cost of play too - is MA.

Thx for the heads up! Very sneaky move indeed! A reminder that this is in fact a real cash economy & one can´t be to careful...

While its not illegal what he does, you are judged by your actions inside this game. and what he does IMO is so morally wrong that someone thought he deserved a post on the forums to make people pay attention to his evil deeds...

You know what?. I think he deserves this thread!.

- NoBioN

Status
Back