Auktuma's Art Contest Prize Ceremony

MindStar9

Self-Requested Deactivation
MindStar9
artcontesthdr.jpg

Auktuma's Request

Over this past weekend, Auktuma contacted me, and asked if I would be kind enough to coordinate a prize ceremony for the winners of the Entropian Art Contest that he held recently. He shared that he will be away from Entropia for about a week or so, and didn't want the winners and participants to have to wait for his return. Of course I said yes, because Auktuma is not only a very dear friend, I also respect and admire how much he cares about our community.

Therefore, we took a bit of time to discuss options with the type of ceremony that would be fun and engaging, rather than just handing out the prizes, not only for the winners of the contests, but all participants. We came up with a unique theme that we hope everyone will enjoy, and a first, with regard to how prizes will be presented.

The Prize Ceremony

The prize ceremony will take place at the beginning of my "MidNite Moods" radio show on Friday evening at midnight MA time. While we realize that it is late for our European friends, we are hoping that the winners and all contest participants will join us in a celebration that will be aired over Atlas Haven Radio right after the show's opening signature song ... It's A Love Thing.

In that respect, we shouldn't take up too much of your time ... however, there is a purpose for all participants to be present at the ceremony. Auktuma's generosity has extended beyond just the 777 PED that was won by the top two participants in his portion of the contest. He has given me something extra to share with those who did not win ped in any of the contests.

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/1/8/6/luckyped.jpg[/wrap] Auktuma wanted to share a little bit of his lucky ATH PED with the rest of the participants, as a thank you for embracing our fellow Entropian artists, and getting involved in his contest. There will be an additional small prize to an individual who is probably unsuspecting, but you will need to be tuned in to find out who that is.

EFD Awards

The EFD awards will be distributed on Friday, May 22nd as well. I will be distributing the EFD to the winners of Auktuma's contest on his behalf, as well as those who won EFD from me in the Super Purple Triplets Contest (Auktuma created that title ... I swear :laugh:), and the 2,000 cans of purple paint that Auktuma donated to the top winner of my contest. JamHot, GoNi, and bizarrick will be distributing their EFD to the winners of their contests as well on Friday.

LOCATION OF PRIZE CEREMONY

corinthpier.jpg

Corinth Beach Pier
Art Appreciation Love Fest
Friday - May 22, 2009 - Midnight MA Time

Tune in to Atlas Haven Radio

Be sure to tune into Atlas Haven Radio by either going to the top of the forum, clicking on the EntropiaRadio link, and then choosing Atlas Haven Radio, or by going to www.entropiaradio.com/atlashaven, or by putting mms://entropiaradio.com/atlashaven in your media browser, like Winamp.

Atlas Haven Radio will continue to expand to offer other coverage of events and activities, and become a venue for bringing even more opportunities to the Entropia community.

Looking forward to seeing you at the prize ceremony.

Awsome! Even having the cermony in good old Cape Corinth, my home town!:yay:

Pfff.. The ceremony could not be planned worse..
I can't afford being online at 2 o'clock at night..

That extra small prize won't be mine I guess :(

Awsome! Even having the cermony in good old Cape Corinth, my home town!:yay:

That's cool ... glad that it works out ok for you. The pier at Corinth Beach is my favorite place in all of Calypso. :D

Pfff.. The ceremony could not be planned worse..
I can't afford being online at 2 o'clock at night..

That extra small prize won't be mine I guess :(

Hey Sweetie ... don't worry if you aren't able to make the ceremony, because whatever prizes people have coming to them will be delivered, whether someone is present or not. You'll just have to catch up to me sometime on Saturday or Sunday during another DJ show, or when convenient. You'll be fine, but we'll miss you, because you're always a special part of the DJ shows. ;)

Sounds good :wtg: Corinth is a nice spot to choose.

Hey Sweetie ... don't worry if you aren't able to make the ceremony, because whatever prizes people have coming to them will be delivered, whether someone is present or not. You'll just have to catch up to me sometime on Saturday or Sunday during another DJ show, or when convenient. You'll be fine, but we'll miss you, because you're always a special part of the DJ shows. ;)

Sorry,
I misunderstood you then.
Thank you for the extra info!

Sounds fun :)

Gatherings at different places on calypso are always entertaining even if there is nothing to be won.

I hope i can make it,

narfi

Well I plan to be there...had to figure out MA time compared to my own time...good info to know...^_- See all you fellow art connoisseurs there!

:wtg::laugh::wtg:

Winterhart and I will be there w/ our dancing shoes on. :)

Sounds good :wtg: Corinth is a nice spot to choose.

Yes indeed ... it's my favorite spot in all of Entropia for many reasons, and I cannot wait until we transition to CE2, because I'm anticipating that the pier at Corinth will be amazing.

Sorry,
I misunderstood you then.
Thank you for the extra info!

No worries my dear ... I should have been more clear in my content ... Auktuma wants everyone who participated in the art contest to share in his luck with the ATH, so whether someone is there or not, I will be making contact with them to deliver the thank from our Dear Auk. ;)

Sounds fun :)

Gatherings at different places on calypso are always entertaining even if there is nothing to be won.

I hope i can make it,

narfi

Yes it is ... it's cool to have gatherings, or events at various places on Calypso to give everyone an opportunity to experience areas they might not otherwise go to. I hope you can make it too Hon, because it's going to be fun. :D

Well I plan to be there...had to figure out MA time compared to my own time...good info to know...^_- See all you fellow art connoisseurs there!

:wtg::laugh::wtg:

Awesome ... it'll be nice to see you other than on the peak or rooftop of the bank at Atlas Haven during the radio shows :laugh: ... although that's a cool place to be for sure. Looking forward to seeing you on the pier.

Winterhart and I will be there w/ our dancing shoes on. :)

YEAH :yay: ... been a while since we've seen each other my dear friend, and it will be a special honor to have you and your lovely wife at the party indeed. I still have your list of requested songs, but if there is something just for you and Winterhart that you'd like to hear, please let me know.

Just as an FYI to everyone ... while the ceremony will be at the beginning of my "MidNite Moods" show ... there will be lots of fun and contests to win nice prizes, as well as the "end of show rocket launch party" in the Corinth ring. Last week's gathering at the ring afterwards was SOOOO much fun. It went from rocket launchers with bodies flyin' out of the ring all over the place, to full-on heavy duty weapons, and even SoftHart and I whipping guys to death who had lined up for the abuse. :laugh: Even SoftHart and I went at it for a bit ... she's a touch chick! :whip:: rocket:

Mark your calendar ... and come out to support the winners and participants of Auktuma's art contest and have a good time with music, win nice prizes with the many contests available, have a midnight swim with us, and top off the night with a bit of "MidNite Moods Ring Toss" ... it's a blast. :wtg:

Unsuspecting individual... then it's not me.
I'm quite paranoid when it comes to money. :laugh:

BTW, I will be distributing EFDs in real time as MS9 gives out Auk's prizes. So, I might be a bit unresponsive as the lucky winners open their trade windows. ;)

Sounds good, hope i don't forget to attend.

Nice gesture of Auktuma,

Nice followup MS9.

+rep Auktuma for this gesture and others involved :)

: )

Ahh MS9 it is a pleasure to watch how well you can pull the community together.. :wtg:

I am so happy you became part of the AHR team, as now you have an even better chance to interact with the people of this world we live in, thus bettering their lives even if they just dance to your music. :dance:

I am also happy that you (and all the radio personel) can gather to you, many of my old friends, buddies, comrades in arms, and overall great people from all over the world to gather together and socialize.. it adds to your reputation (not that it can go much higher) as well as bringing focus and rep to all the other Djs from AHR! You are all becoming well respected members of the community, and soon (if i have anything to say about it) everyone will know of how dedicated you are to all of us in general.

I look forward to working with all of you again in the future, and i am looking forward to friday.. For now.. Peace and good Hoffin..

David

Ahh MS9 it is a pleasure to watch how well you can pull the community together.. :wtg:

I am so happy you became part of the AHR team, as now you have an even better chance to interact with the people of this world we live in, thus bettering their lives even if they just dance to your music. :dance:

I am also happy that you (and all the radio personnel) can gather to you, many of my old friends, buddies, comrades in arms, and overall great people from all over the world to gather together and socialize.. it adds to your reputation (not that it can go much higher) as well as bringing focus and rep to all the other Djs from AHR! You are all becoming well respected members of the community, and soon (if i have anything to say about it) everyone will know of how dedicated you are to all of us in general.

I look forward to working with all of you again in the future, and i am looking forward to friday.. For now.. Peace and good Hoffin..

David

Well, my dear David ... where do I even start after that post ... that was rather special, and I'm feeling all kinds of warmth over here. :D

Thing is ... my goal since Summer 2005 has always been to bring the community together in some way or another ... and when I hooked up with Neverdie in the Fall of 2005, he gave me an opportunity to do just that on a grander scale, so I thank him immensely for that. Over the years, my soc (JSA) and I have also done our best to provide entertainment and fun, as well as giving back to the community in ways that were of benefit to our fellow Entropians ... especially new colonists.

And yes ... being on staff with Atlas Haven Radio will be yet another venue to work my purple magic in bringing the community closer together, but this time ... I went after the big boys in the ivory tower, and I couldn't be happier that they are allowing me to bring a little bit of their behind the scenes activities to the community in my news broadcasts on Monday. I can't thank them enough for this, and ... it's only going to get better. ;)

One of my missions ... with regard to AHR and my on air time, is to not only play great music and provide a fun party atmosphere for those in attendance with contests and crazy times, but ... to also take the time to recognize colonists within our community who get involved with things such as the art exhibit, and to bring an awareness to the rest of our Calypso citizens just how creative and talented our community really is.

I know that ... JamHot has a special show set up for either Monday or Friday night just before my show, with all Entropian musicians, so hopefully, everyone will tune in to that. I showcased Oleg from Skillin' Villains and his band "The Resplendents" during my launch show of "MidNite Moods" last week, and I will again showcase more Entropian artists going forward.

Thank you David ... for your kind words, they are much appreciated, and ... I will speak for myself when saying that you have become a very valuable asset to the AHR crew with your dedicated interactive efforts to bring the community together yourself. You have done an incredible job to bring more excitement to our AHR efforts of getting the community more involved, so thank you for that.

Now that the mutual admiration is clear ... I will say that I am looking forward to mingling with participants of Auktuma's Art Exhibit Contest, and I hope to see many at my "MidNite Moods" show to take part in the prize ceremony, because there's something for all participants as a thank you from Auktuma.

See you at the pier on Corinth at midnight MA time! :yay:

Thursday morning ... B - U - M - P ... don't miss out on the fun. Come pick up your prize as a winner, or if not a winner and was a participant in the contest, be sure to come to my "MidNite Moods" DJ show Friday night to get your little thank you gift from Auktuma for getting involved in his art contest. I have the list of names of those who participated, and have sent everyone PM's so that you know there is a prize ceremony. Mark your calendar for Friday evening and hope to see you all there. :wtg:

:) sweeeeetness PARTY PARTY PARTY :) I'll be there for sure.

great, I`ll be there!

That is very nice of both Auktuma and you to organize this!

I will be there from Midnight to 00:59 MA Time. I wish I could stay longer, but my society is doing two beacon runs starting at 01:00 :cool:

I love the idea of hanging out with a bit of the community at the party, and hope to see most of you there.

I will tune into the show as well, for sure.

Thanks again!

Ratae.

After a year of playing im still confused by MA time conversions. Im afraid that im going to just be getting off work and not home when the ceremony takes place. If i did my math right it will be 5pm in Alaska.

I hope everyone has fun tonight :)

Thanks Auk for getting so many people interested in the Arts, and Mindstar for helping him out.

narfi

:) sweeeeetness PARTY PARTY PARTY :) I'll be there for sure.

Good to hear Hon ... haven't seen you in a while, so nice that you can join in on the fun, and to support our art exhibit contest winners and participants.

great, I`ll be there!

Well there Luc ... I see you all over the place, so I'm not surprised that you'll be at "MidNite Moods" to help celebrate the successful art exhibit, and have fun with the rest of the regular crowd. I'm going to have some cool contests, and there will definitely be the after show rocket launch party at the Corinth Octagon, but then it turns into an hilarious free-for-all that keeps everyone laughing. See you there my dear.

That is very nice of both Auktuma and you to organize this!

I will be there from Midnight to 00:59 MA Time. I wish I could stay longer, but my society is doing two beacon runs starting at 01:00 :cool:

I love the idea of hanging out with a bit of the community at the party, and hope to see most of you there.

I will tune into the show as well, for sure.

Thanks again!

Ratae.

Oh good ... at least we'll have you the first hour of the show, and then you won't miss out on the prize ceremony because I'm going to do it at the beginning of the show, right after my opening signature song. Haven't seen you in a while since I don't hang out at Sakura that much any more, so it'll be nice to see you at the party. :D

After a year of playing im still confused by MA time conversions. Im afraid that im going to just be getting off work and not home when the ceremony takes place. If i did my math right it will be 5pm in Alaska.

I hope everyone has fun tonight :)

Thanks Auk for getting so many people interested in the Arts, and Mindstar for helping him out.

narfi

Not sure what time zone you are ... but the show will be going from midnight MA time until 3am, so if you're home in time, then you can drop by the Pier at Corinth to say hello and collect what I have for you from Auktuma. Otherwise, we can meet over the weekend at Atlas Haven so I can deliver it to you then. Either way, it's yours. ;) Oh, and ... with regard to figuring out how your time fits with MA (in-world) time, just log into EU, hit your "C" key which shows the in-world time, and look at your RL clock ... then you'll know exactly how many hours behind MA you are. ;)

So sorry, I can't join the party! Beginning is at 2am in Germany and I have to get up for work at 6am. So it's to late for me.

I wish all a nice party!

Tabby

Thank you for the inviting MS9.

Although the pier at Corinth is one of my favorite places at Calypso (sunbathing and swimming :)) I'm not sure if I can make it at this time. 2 to 5 in the morning for me :rolleyes:

But I will try.

OK... maybe some reasuring is in order here?

I will be attending the party (6:00 PM here) but I might need to leave 2 hours afterwards as I also have Trivia Night in my social EU agenda. :cool:

Ill do me best to be there, that is to say, if my 2.5 kids permit me the time ;) I've already given many thanks to Auktuma for his great competition, but i think its time to thank you to MS9, lots of effort put in here for the community :wtg:

So sorry, I can't join the party! Beginning is at 2am in Germany and I have to get up for work at 6am. So it's to late for me.

I wish all a nice party!

Tabby

Certainly understandable ... so don't be sorry Hon, we just wanted to do something special, and ... you and I can meet sometime over the weekend so that I can pass on the little something that Auktuma wanted the participants to have as a thank you for joining the art contest. ;)

Thank you for the inviting MS9.

Although the pier at Corinth is one of my favorite places at Calypso (sunbathing and swimming :)) I'm not sure if I can make it at this time. 2 to 5 in the morning for me :rolleyes:

But I will try.

Thanks for the effort ... and if you can't make it my dear, then we too will also meet sometime over the weekend so that I can pass on that little something from Auktuma to say thanks for joining in the art contest. If you DO end up making it, then we will just have a grand ol' time. :wtg:

OK... maybe some reasuring is in order here?

I will be attending the party (6:00 PM here) but I might need to leave 2 hours afterwards as I also have Trivia Night in my social EU agenda. :cool:

Not an issue at all ... whatever time you need to leave is perfectly ok ... we can enjoy your company while you ARE present and rockin' the pier with us. ;)

Ill do me best to be there, that is to say, if my 2.5 kids permit me the time ;) I've already given many thanks to Auktuma for his great competition, but i think its time to thank you to MS9, lots of effort put in here for the community :wtg:

Well thank you ... I appreciate your kind comment. I think one of the most special things in EU is the way people do things for others to help make their enjoyment of our universe that much better. Not long after the art exhibit started, Auktuma was considering having a contest, and I fully encouraged him to go ahead with it, because I felt it would promote a great level of interaction within the community. As we have it, my prediction was right, so I'm extremely pleased that Auktuma went ahead with it. This was his first event, but I have a feeling it won't be his last.

Hopefully ... you and others will have an opportunity to show up and join the art love fest while we celebrate the winners of the contest, as well as all participants who stepped up to the plate and got involved. It will be a rockin' night on the pier for sure. Looking forward to meeting you if you get to make it. If not, then like the others, we can catch up with each other over the weekend so I can pass the little thank you gift from Auktuma over to you. ;)

Less than 24 hrs away! :yay:

ill be there, though i can't stay on for long, got an exam in the morning :mad:

ill be there, though i can't stay on for long, got an exam in the morning :mad:

That's fine Hon ... the ceremony will only be brief and will take place in the beginning of my show so that we don't keep you up too late. Happy to hear that you'll be able to join us for a short time. ;)

Does anyone know what the coords are for the piers, i've been running around and can't seem to locate them.

Take the TP to Corinth Cape and go NW.
The pier is just a few paces away from the TP.

Or you could just follow the stream of partygoers in one hour or so. ;)

Back