Automatic Planetary Payment System

Sirhc

Elite
Society
Defiance
Sirhc Xerogs Drakcah
After all these past events I finally got all my team items sold. Now I have to get people their PEDs :scratch2: I am finding even within a society it can be hard to get people their PEDs since some are in different time zones or off planet for long periods.

Why don't we have an Automatic Planetary Payment System in EU? Basically these service would allow someone to upload PED amounts and only the recipient can pick up the PEDs. I know some people use the auction in this fashion but there is a bit of uncertainty with it.

Maybe this needs to be tied into the Banking system in some way I am not sure. I just know it would be convenient to stop at one place and upload PED amounts for individuals and then they can pick them up when they have the time.

Heck MA could send a notification out like "You have a PED transfer waiting at the APPS"

I can send checks to people in real life and pay my bills online why not have a feature like this in EU?

Please feel free to leave any comments or additional ideas on the subject of personal transfers of this sort.

Thanks,
Chris

hell yes. we need that.

(although i won't send any PEDs to you :D)

Yea maybe we could use something like a bank in the game to do money transfers instead of been a pawn shop. Have the PED cards linked to an account so you can search for an account by name and drop cash into it or items.

I am sure something like this can be developed. There needs to be a confirmation system though. Perhaps like the storage terminal "you've got mail" . You still at least need to visit something. In the same ballpark is the messaging system:

"You have recevied a message from xxx, do you want to receive it?" the option to ignore pm's at one time or another, permanetly ignore people etc. all in all it ties to being able to use EU as a communication platform in it's own right, rather than relying on external systems. Why can't we there be froums ingame, for example? User-created, planetary notifcations, where is my ingame notepad? etc

I do remember reading something (somwhere) where there were concerns that RCE platfroms could be used as terrorist cell unit recruitment and fund distribution, and that internet security regarding the suppressing of such activity was a real concern...

yes the ability to communicate more effectively in EU needs attention. Not going to have a temper tantrum yet tho :p

I do remember reading something (somwhere) where there were concerns that RCE platfroms could be used as terrorist cell unit recruitment and fund distribution, and that internet security regarding the suppressing of such activity was a real concern...

yes the ability to communicate more effectively in EU needs attention. Not going to have a temper tantrum yet tho :p

woot.. now i know why ppl pk themself in ring.. they are training for rl

This, and many other ingame mail type requests, have been asked for many times. I sure hope that one of these times MA will hear it and implement it. It is a badly needed feature. What modern world wouldn't have some sort of money transfer system other than an e-bay equivalent!?

If there are Teleporters and Interstellar spacecraft, surely Western Union would have opened a franchise!?

At the very least, MA should add mailboxes to apartments.

That would give players the ability to make drops for others, but it would be a feature only available to those who have invested enough in the game to own an apartment.

I expect this would increase the value of apartments as well.

At the very least, MA should add mailboxes to apartments.

That would give players the ability to make drops for others, but it would be a feature only available to those who have invested enough in the game to own an apartment.

I expect this would increase the value of apartments as well.

Good idea there I like it.

im all for this! :)

hmmm, a system that allows you to deposit money for another to collect at a different location? just like one of those things, what they called, a Bank? :wtg:

another idea is to cut out the middle man, instead you could right click on a friend in your FL and click a option called "send avatar PED" or something along those lines, then a box appears and you select the amount you want to give them, but since the banks exsist they should prob use them like you have mentioned, develop the banks more and make them more usefull

Last edited:

Yeah I thought about that too. I would think a system like this would be easier to track than a peer to peer trade or drop trade. Although all that info should be available to MA at least I hope it is.

Thanks for all the response :)

Back