Avatar Info not displayed correctly to other players

hooters

Stalker
Society
Dark Hunters Inc.
Sexymom Hooters Hoots
Hi everyone,

I'm sure most people are aware that with VU 9.3, we are now able to display whichever name (firstname, lastname and/or nickname) to the public.

An Avatar Info option has been added to the System category of the Action Library. Once opened, this panel allows you to choose how you wish to publicly display your avatar name.

So, a day or two ago, a socmate was wondering why i was still displaying my full entire name. I told him that I wasn't... On my screen, I saw one name. So, i played around with the Avatar Info panel, logging out and logging in numerous times, but even changing my name to two names or one name, he would still see my full entire name.

So, just incase he was pulling my leg, I asked several other people and they all saw my full entire name, instead of my single name that I had set it to.

Two of my socmates had their name to a single name, so they tried to display all three of their names and we could only still see their single name, instead of what they set it to! But, on their end, just like me, they could clearly see their name was set the way they wanted it to be...

This may be a little confusing, but, do the test; Change your name around and ask your socmates or friends what's being displayed and I think you will be shockingly surprised.

Sadly it can be hard to see who is bugged or not, if the avatar is on FL,
since we see others due to what name we use in FL. ;)

i noticed this yesterday when i saw screen caps of a soc event. weird. maybe it will be fixed next VU?

When someone adds you to their Friends List, their full name goes on to the list, and this is what they will always see when they select your avatar or see you in chat etc. Or they can edit your name in their list so that something else comes up instead (useful for separating soc members for example).

So changing the way you display your name won't affect the way that people who have you on FL will see it.

If people who DON'T have you on their FL were seeing your full name, then that is weird though :scratch2:

When someone adds you to their Friends List, their full name goes on to the list, and this is what they will always see when they select your avatar or see you in chat etc. Or they can edit your name in their list so that something else comes up instead (useful for separating soc members for example).

So changing the way you display your name won't affect the way that people who have you on FL will see it.

If people who DON'T have you on their FL were seeing your full name, then that is weird though :scratch2:

I did the test with people who are on my friendslist and those who aren't and the bug still stands. Some of the socmates I did the test with have me on their FL, but I didn't put them on mine, yet when they would switch names, I couldn't see the switch being made.

I'll try and do a little more testing, and probably send in a support case for this...

just to clarify, is this when you hover your mouse over a person, when you see their name in chat, or both? =)

just to clarify, is this when you hover your mouse over a person, when you see their name in chat, or both? =)

Both, the hover over name does not change but it does visually for me but no one else..

My full name is, Roswell RC Crash, I displayed it as Roswell Crash, I see it as Roswell Crash on hover over, but everyone else can see my full name Roswell RC Crash.

A bit annoying really considering your force to put 3 names in, make my account look nasty as my on-line name is Roswell Crash, has been for over 10 years. It's the small things that count ;)

Both, the hover over name does not change but it does visually for me but no one else..

My full name is, Roswell RC Crash, I displayed it as Roswell Crash, I see it as Roswell Crash on hover over, but everyone else can see my full name Roswell RC Crash.

A bit annoying really considering your force to put 3 names in, make my account look nasty as my on-line name is Roswell Crash, has been for over 10 years. It's the small things that count ;)

In the end, it just depends how someone initially added you to their friends list. If you had all your names displayed, then that's what they will see.

Either tell them to edit your name or delete and re-add you.

In the end, it just depends how someone initially added you to their friends list. If you had all your names displayed, then that's what they will see.

Either tell them to edit your name or delete and re-add you.

Not quite true, as I changed my name to display just Roswell Crash Yesterday, and it still displays that to my brother who made his account today and added me..

And besides the point, everyone that does not have me added, (i.e, normal players) see it as full which is rather ugly.. what's the point in the function if it does not work, not as if MA aren't making enough to fix these bugs..

Back