Centech

Elite
Society
BAHQ4LIFE!!!
Jason Centech Tanner
So Monday's patch broke something that worked for 7 years.. what else is new.. then today's patch.. what does it do..

IT MAKES IT WORSE.

Seriously MindArk? Seriously?

You expect people to invest THOUSANDS of real dollars into this game.. AND YOU CANT DISPLAY A FUCKING PERSONS NAME SO THAT IT IS ACTUALLY ON THE SCREEN AND READABLE.

SERIOUSLY?!

Does ANYONE actually log in before a piece of garbage patch that some dev at your sweatshop in south america shit out of his anus gets deployed to your (alleged) 800k paying customers? I mean seriously, its not even funny any more. Its just getting really sad.

FYI, it is listed as a known issue in the release-notes, so you could have known there was an issue even before you logged in.

But on a more brighter note. They did fix this huge bug.

You know the one, I mean who hasn't been affected by it, that annoying bug where the manequins can't wear the latest hallows end fashion.

And a good thing they did, it could cost them dearly.

So Monday's patch broke something that worked for 7 years.. what else is new.. then today's patch.. what does it do..

IT MAKES IT WORSE.

You expect people to invest THOUSANDS of real dollars into this game.. AND YOU CANT DISPLAY A FUCKING PERSONS NAME SO THAT IT IS ACTUALLY ON THE SCREEN AND READABLE.

SERIOUSLY?!

Does ANYONE actually log in before a piece of garbage patch that some dev at your sweatshop in south america shit out of his anus gets deployed to your (alleged) 800k paying customers? I mean seriously, its not even funny any more. Its just getting really sad.

i have no idea waht u all are talking about since i dont have the issue on my pc, XD, hat me if u will but i run a 3.3 single core pc with a 512mb video card by nvidea, i also run the game on med grafs
:wtg:

i have no idea waht u all are talking about since i dont have the issue on my pc, XD, hat me if u will but i run a 3.3 single core pc with a 512mb video card by nvidea, i also run the game on med grafs

This bug affects only some of us, it seems.

People like me, who can't hunt properly.

I run my car on unleaded gasoline and I have running water at my place(both hot and cold). But unfortunately both this and your hw specs having nothing to do with the issue at hand.

I honestly don't understand how such bugs can occur. Isn't this programmers flowchart common practice?

It's one of these weird bugs that affect some and not others, I've not had the display bug but have had random CTD about once a day so hopefully when they fix the one, they fix the other.

Dont know if its related, but I had to attempt several time to delete the cache from my computer with the previous VU (11.4) because of graphic corruption with icons in storage and inventory following a graphic driver upgrade.

I had this bug both before and after the last patch

Dont know if its related

Nope. This issue definatly is something to do with MA only, becasue it affects different accounts on the same computer with the same avatar-settings and exact same program settings.

Imagine...

This is a visible but - how many invisible bugs they implement every time?!

I dont wanna know.

Does ANYONE actually log in before a piece of garbage patch that some dev at your sweatshop in south america shit out of his anus ....

What the hell have to do South America on this issue? Or your great knowledges about geography makes you think that England or Sweden is located on Africa, too?

====
For your information and cultural level: Sweden is located on Europe and Mexico is located in North America!!

IT MAKES IT WORSE.

SERIOUSLY?!

I understand your frustration with EU under the present state of affairs . The bad returns are upsetting a lot of people.
Personally i find that bug very minor, compared to the serious lag , especially in PA. I have this bug too, just left click the avatar and it works. It's only the highlighting of the name that's glitched.

... compared to the serious lag , especially in PA....

YES, in fact, the real problem is the lag, but seems some people is not able to understand the real needs of this game... but what can we do? all kind of people live in the land of The Lord.!!

What the hell have to do South America on this issue? Or your great knowledges about geography makes you think that England or Sweden is located on Africa, too?

====
For your information and cultural level: Sweden is located on Europe and Mexico is located in North America!!

If the shit hits the fan, blame it on South-America? Chavez did it!

IT MAKES IT WORSE.

SERIOUSLY?!

Come on.. you've played for how long? This is no-where near the worst bug that's been included in a new patch.

Yes, it's pretty amazing MA still don't have a test server - or the worlds most incompetent QA team - but give them their credit, they plow on anyway with probably the world's worst knowledge of "customer satisfaction".

Off the top of my head though, worse bugs are when people could go into your house, apartment or hangar and take your stuff... ghost mobs... pvp invisibility bug... there's plenty :)

Lol. But in defense of the Mexicans and with respect to the ignorance of the OP. The MindArk’s Mexican subsidiary Ilunova SA de CV has been in operation since February 2008. Iluonva supply services in computer programming and customer support. The swedish Thorbjörn Berglund it was its CEO from that date, and the Mexican engineers has working with this game from 8.x versión and 9.4 version. And, as everybody knows, the 9.4 version was one of the most beautifull and efficient version of this game.

Last edited:

I can vouch for this, given how I'm from the country that man is President of. :censored: And I'm pretty sure MA's Mexican subsidiary did a fairly good job if what Xavier_Jr said is true.

Anyway, and despite Centech's pitiful attempt at being offensive, he makes a point: That name thingy is a party-stopper bug, widely reported now, and I would think MA would be a bit quicker to fix that. Especially when they make them lose money in people not hunting. Come on, I know it's a common thing to not patch things that cost people money as opposed to quickly fixing any bugs that might cost MA, but this is a bit too much. :mad:

Nothing surprises me anymore with how often they manage to break things or rerelease bugs months after a fix.

Surely they're not trying to implement code that works for everything in one routine. Have they not heard of inheritance and overloading.

relog ... relog ... relog ... until it is right.

Fact that some have it and others don't make it possible that they don't have it either @ MA, who are probably running all the same machines, hardware etc.

Aside from that I acknowledge that the quality management of MA isn't one of the best .... :girl:

A soc mate has tried uninstalling Entropia and reinstalling to no effect, so if you have this bug, that is one less thing to try.

Is this affecting mostly laptop users ?

Again, it is a bug that is with accounts on MA servers, it has nothing to do with whatever hardware you use. You can use one account on one computer, and it is fine, another will be bugged. Use another computer, with completely different hardware, and again, the same one that was fine is fine, and the other is bugged.

Mindark's Programming is the Laryngeal nerve of the animal kingdom

Mindark should watch out. They have sold themselves as professionals to a few much bigger companies now. Wouldn't like to stand in Jan Welter Timkrans' shoes if they still work this amateuristic as soon as one of the SEE planets is up, or even Planet Micheal.

MA = ... amateurs.
Filled out the ... by yourself, I try to stay polite.

Mindark should watch out. They have sold themselves as professionals to a few much bigger companies now. Wouldn't like to stand in Jan Welter Timkrans' shoes if they still work this amateuristic as soon as one of the SEE planets is up, or even Planet Micheal.
Maybe this is the kind of shakeup that MA really needs though? whilst painful it might be just the right remedy.

Imagine...

This is a visible but - how many invisible bugs they implement every time?!

I dont wanna know.

Don't even start on that.

There is many smart coders out there and any code has its potential leaks and exploits. And it is pretty good bet that as we are talking about a real money thing here, those leaks and exploits are used for sure by those people being able to identify them. And it is not just a lonely coder having nothing to do than stumbling by accident over those errors, they are surely organized.

Personally I would ask support each and every time before a trade of some valued goods to research the history of the item(s) in question. Or to verify the ped source if I was to sell something valuable.

There is many inconsistencies in the game itself as we can see almost each and every day. And the loot structures are a part of it.

I always say, where there is money, there is crime. Simple principle of mankind for centuries. :wise: Why should PC be an exception?

Back