Average Decay Calculator - Spreadsheet for hunting!

Hrafninn

Coffee addict
Society
OldTimers
Herr Hrafninn Hrafninn
After coming back to Entropia Universe I mostly grind Atrox, almost every day, not for any reason except for fun. Sadly I haven't found any good way to log hunting returns after my extended break. After some days of tinkering I managed to come up with an idea for a spreadsheet that will help those who grind like myself.

The Average Decay Calculator is basically just a part of a hunting spreadsheet, but I bundled them together. The idea is basically that you can calculate the average decay on a couple of hunts and then grind away without ever calculating decay again, unless you change mobs or gear. It's not something for the player who hunts different mobs every day, but maybe for those who do tedious hunting challenges.

To make the spreadsheet work correctly I had to make a sacrifice and that is amp usage. To properly calculate average decay you have to use one or more amp until close to breakage and continue to do so in the hunts to follow. As you may understand an average decay is a bit tough to get right, but in my tests I had at most 40 PEC difference between actual and average decay. 40 PEC on a hunt using 200-400 PED ammo isn't much!

If you have any problems or would like to give me some feedback, just reply to this thread and I'll get back to you as soon as humanly possible. :)

Thanks to Angel O2 Mercer for the base that this spreadsheet is based upon!

Good luck and see you ingame!

Last edited:
Q & a

Since the description above only gives an introduction to how the spreadsheet works I thought it might be nice with some more information on it.

Q: I don't have a weapon amp. Can I still use this spreadsheet?

A: Although it's easier to keep track with an amp, it's still possible to use this spreadsheet with a similar success rate even without one. The number of amps field is basically a multiplier of the decay. If you mostly use 100 PED ammo for instance, set amps to "1". If you do a run where you spent 200 PED, you can then set amps to "2" and in that way doubling the decay. Remember to specify the amount of ammo you used. This will give you a correct value of the average decay since the amps field yields no decay penalties on its own except doubling the total average decay for that hunt.

Q: I usually do different lenghts of hunts. How do I track average decay?

A: Once again not the most straight forward answer, but it is without a doubt possible. As mentioned the amps field is just a multiplier. if you use one and a half amp you can enter "1,5" as the number of amps. If you only use half an amp, "0,5" will work for that as well. Just keep an eye on the amp decay during your hunt. This is also possible for weapons without amps, but I'll let you figure it out with the information I have already provided.

Q: How about skills? surely decay will go down with with skill gain. If so the average decay spreadsheet will show a higher decay than I actually had?

A: Absolutely, but noticeable skill gain doesn't come overnight... except possibly if you kill several Eomons on your first day ingame. I recommend you update your decay samples once in a while. A mid level player should not need to do this more than once every 6 months to maybe a year at the most. In that time most of us have changed gear or mobs to hunt and will need to update the decay samples anyway.

Q: Why can't I edit the spreadsheet?

A: You have to download it first! You can also transfer the sheet to your own google account from the file menu.

Q: Does this spreadsheet work in Microsoft Excel?

A: Both yes and no. The online version does work in Microsoft Excel after downloading, but some of the formatting is wrong. However, a working downloadable version is available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-OQDz7YcxFOZ2FIbXByWXNMeXM/view?usp=sharing

Q: How about other office suites than Microsoft Excel?

A: The downloadable version works flawlessly in LibreOffice and should work fine in most office suites. The online demo is not recommended to download or use in any other office suite than Google Docs.

------

Changelog:

2016-07-18: Design changes, added total average decay results per type, added filters.
2016-07-18: Added downloadable version and fixed some bugs.
2016-07-16: First release.

Last edited:
Example of decay change

Something not mentioned in the posts above are how useful this spreadsheet can be even when upgrading gear. I recently moved from Isis HL6 to an Adjusted EWE EP-41 Military. With only that difference the decay became almost 20 PED lower on average per amp.

What can you do this information you may ask? Why not check how the previous hunts went and compare the results if the decay was lower. In the image below shows the Isis HL6 results and how the results would have looked using the Adjusted EWE EP-41 Military. I would have made around 100 ped more profit if I was using the Adjusted EWE EP-41 Military on the previous hunts for instance.

The next updates to the spreadsheet will add the possibility of doing comparisons between gear and a lot of other stuff.

Last edited:
Back