Question: Average MU and shrapnel

darksador

Young
Society
Grinders
Dragon DSR Sador
Ok here is a question for people that are good with stat and for successful player

When I count my average MU do I include shrapnel or not ?

In my opinion I should but in same time with all the big player I see looting a lot of shrapnel too I'm really wondering.

And please keep this thread clear guys it's not a debate about loot theory or anything like that thank you.

if you convert add 1% MU to your return
if you sell add the MU you receive from selling
if you TT the shrapnels, add no mu

if you convert add 1% MU to your return
if you sell add the MU you receive from selling
if you TT the shrapnels, add no mu
That i already know its not what im asking for

What i ask for is should i add shrapnel to my calculation or not ?

That i already know its not what im asking for

Wasn't that what he answered? :p I do it like he said.

How I’ve always done it is add markup to all shrapnel looted as MU profit at 100.5%.
Then count ammo burn at 99.5% of actual bullet cost. Make the most sense to me. Probably need to readjust it now that shrapnel sells higher but that’s pinching pennies I think.

Wasn't that what he answered? :p I do it like he said.
Not really he was saying the % to add if we take it into the calculation of the average markup when the question was actually if i add shrapnel to the average markup calculation or not.

The percentage to add if i add it to the calculation is really easy to know but if i have to add shrapnel or not to the calculation can make a very high difference.

And the reason why i asked that is simple i think must successfull user try to use they shrapnel and they dont sell them but if you cycle them everytime with proper bankroll will you end up like for example 98% return with your MU stuff only or not not sure how to explain it well but basically lets say i have 1000 ped of ammo i use them all with a long term return of 98 %.

A portion of my loot will be shrapnel and another portion will be other stuff.

I turn my shaprenel into ammo in the end and i rince and repeat that until i have 0 ped of shrapnel

do in the end i will end up with 98% return of stuff that does not include shrapnel or not.

If i do i will not include shrapnel into my calculation.

if im not getting that i have to include it.

But its can make all the difference in the end in my calculation because shrapnel will lower the MU average and its can lower it by a lot.

I hope its explain better.

Also its all about Markup average and Not tracking profit / loss wich is a big difference here and its seems people still think in term of Win / Loss wich is totally not what i want to know either.

(Sorry english its not my primary language)

If you want to see it, add it, if you don't, don't add it.

The tracking is mainly for yourself to compare your activities and easily see what's better for you to hunt. Different players track different ways, you should track what you want to see, the key is to keep you motivated and focused on your goal.
I personally don't add shrapnel MU because I don't subtract TT from burned enh, they sort of cancel each other over long periods

I don't track average MU because I'm not interested in that, I do track every sale it's just that I add it monthly in the spreadsheet and that is enough for me but plenty of people are very interested in that number. So best is track what you want to see and how it makes sense to you but it's important to track and write down numbers before each time you convert.

The way I look at it is regardless if you want to see it right now, if you are asking these questions it is better to add it than not. I haven't looked at your spreadsheet, but you could just have both. "Avg mu" and "avg mu w/ conversion" for instance.

I would rather have data that I may end up not using, than not have the data that I would like to have down the line.

If later you decide that this adds no value for you, you can just scrap it.

In the end though it is like Every says. The only one who knows what you want to see/know is you. This is a decision YOU have to make.

I add converted sharpnel to my TT out. I don’t see it as MU.. It’s additional TT.

Therefore

1000ped sharpnel added to TT in
1010ped added to TT out.

That extra 10ped will be returned in loot so will show in TT in next time.

Only time I add to MU is when I buy or sell to another player. So if I sold shrapnel to another player I would add it to MU

On almost the same topic:
What would be a conservative valuation for mayhem tokens?

After the hunt, I count my income according to the tt value, including the shrapnel. I do not take mu into account.

After the hunt, I count my income according to the tt value, including the shrapnel. I do not take mu into account.
As i said earlier its not a question about tracking income counting average markup have a total different goal

Back