Average player level (and what parameters to determine?)

Msturlese

Stalker
Society
Dirty Dingos
Marco Killy Stur
I wondered what is average player level....
then i realized that there are so many levels that it is hard to find a ground
. number of skill points? some jack of all trades have more than high level single profession ppl
. evader profession ? that is around 55% of combat level
. looter level ? that is also tied on codex reward distribution, but 50 to 70% of combat too

moreover i can't figure what really is the playerbase
we see the top hunters ladder, ok, that is 100 ppl ... it is for sure not linear and is a pyramid

i was realizing from Armatrix market that average playerbase is using 25 to 30 series of range
and i saw many 15 to 25 knife but maybe were skilling to some UL

personally i imagine "Average" player in EU 30 to 45 level with 25/30 evader and 30ish looter
and 100 to 150k skill set

if this is the case, it can 100% lead to deceptive experience and "gambling perception" due to
the limited loot istances examined

anyone has similar or different sensations? maybe i am totally wrong....

personally i imagine "Average" player in EU 30 to 45 level with 25/30 evader and 30ish looter

Yeah that's about it for average I think, but closer to the upper limit of these numbers.

Yeah that's about it for average I think, but closer to the upper limit of these numbers.
Yes I'm about those evader and looter levels but over 200k total skills. Total skill level might be a better criteria.

Considering highest level is probably close to 350 level, no, avg is not 30; average should be above level 100. Above 400k skills and around 350 HP with above 60 looter.
Average should be a player that has been active for at least 2-3 years. Level 30 - 45 is achievable in one month :D

P
Considering highest level is probably close to 350 level, no, avg is not 30; average should be above level 100. Above 400k skills and around 350 HP with above 60 looter.
Average should be a player that has been active for at least 2-3 years. Level 30 - 45 is achievable in one month :D
I think this must be a misunderstanding. No way that the average playerbase is above lvl 100 and 400k skills. Only by looking at soc skill count that is way off.

P

I think this must be a misunderstanding. No way that the average playerbase is above lvl 100 and 400k skills. Only by looking at soc skill count that is way off.
100 is achievable in 1 year or less. The game is up for 17years. What's your idea of average? A lot of players in Rangers are over 100 and some 150.

I guess the difference would be "average active player" or from the the player base as a whole which would include a plethora of accounts people set up and forgot, played a week and gave up etc.

If you were to drop the outliers and go for a median it might be a bit more accurate. I would have estimated an average level player be much lower than we imagine due to the above, but if working with a median of very active hunters dropping the heavy base of outliers you might get a median closer to 70lvl.

Regarding what to class as average, skills/lvl/hp are of course nice easy concrete numbers, but things like gear, knowledge, connections etc can make a vast difference in player "level" than just numbers alone. So it's a tricky one to measure.

You are only as uber as the uber you feel... ;)

Last edited:
average in my way of counting is a statistical "mean value"
that means (sum of all skills / number of players)
i think Evey you interact just with ppl that "visit" same zones as you do....
i totally agree that 100 is achievable in 1 year (with some dedicationa nnd soem euros or both)
most probably 18 months

if i look in all 3800 ppl registered in EL if you pretend average is 100 well...... i doubt you are right
@ bonnie : Registered EntropiaLife are for me Active, they have logged in last month to be in the count

even a "knife fighter" 325 knife just balance 2 new comers (1+1+325) 3 = 109 ... who balances the others?

Ahh, the average! For one thing, skill gain points are not linear, so the average of lvl 0 and 100 is not lvl 50. Normally I wouldn't want to use a median as a measure of average, but as we are talking about what an average player is - and the non-linearity - we may as well say average is where 50% of players are above and 50% below, which is indeed what the median is.
I would estimate that half the players have unlocked at least one looter bonus skill, which we get at lvl 30, I believe.

But that is impossible to even begin to estimate. There are so many accounts that were made to try out the game and didn't like one aspect or another of the game that it makes no sense to count them in any statistic other than bad player retention the game has to improve. There are also tons of accounts made only to swat or to gather fruits and dung... bots to test wave/mine wave... you have no way of knowing even by a large margin the number of these accounts. There are also a lot of people that don't have an activity that makes decay/gains skills - they socialize or are entrepreneurs of some sorts...

It makes much more sense to try and estimate the average based on active players in past few years (that played few years ago and still play today).
By your standards avg could be even lvl 20 with 50k skills.
By active players in last few years avg should be 70-100...

This all about statistics. If you take EL numbers as number of players active this month. I am currently ranked 924 out of 3736 in hunting and 629 out of 1208 in crafting. I am level 78 blp rifle hit and 75 blp damage. I have 286,000 skill points. I call myself an average player. I am not uber but I consider myself no longer noob. So what are considering average. If it is mean average then I consider myself average. If it is median average then I consider myself below average. If it is mode average then I am above average. In the study of statistics, each type has it's place depending on what data you are trying to extrapolate.

If you are crafter and want to know what weapons to make for the average player then you use the mode average. The median average is the number in the middle of the highest and lowest players, regardless of the number of lower level players. If you removed just the HOUSE OF GAMERS players then this figure would drop dramatically. In general people use the mean average which would take the skills of all players add them up and then divide by the number of players.

As you can see there is no clear answer without explaining exactly what you want to achieve from your "average"

I am level 78 blp rifle hit and 75 blp damage. I have 286,000 skill points. I call myself an average player. I am not uber but I consider myself no longer noob.

You are not noob anymore, here is the ranking:

0-70: noob
70-100: advanced noob
100+ main: Uber puny
100+ looter: Uber

Lol, average 350hp. :ROFLMAO:

Good joke!

i think Evey you interact just with ppl that "visit" same zones as you do....
i totally agree that 100 is achievable in 1 year (with some dedicationa nnd soem euros or both)
most probably 18 months

if i look in all 3800 ppl registered in EL if you pretend average is 100 well...... i doubt you are right
@ bonnie : Registered EntropiaLife are for me Active, they have logged in last month to be in the count

even a "knife fighter" 325 knife just balance 2 new comers (1+1+325) 3 = 109 ... who balances the others?
There is a important differense between possible to do within a year and what the average player does in a year. There’s fairly active players that even in 10years doesn’t reach lvl 100. Not everyone plays the game at the same pace/way/goals and I’m pretty sure the average player doesn’t reach lvl 100 within 1-2 years. It’s possible and it’s done by the ones dedicated that play more hours/day than average joe, yes. But that’s not average.

Last edited:
For average activity, I'd say level 65 - 90 as thats where the most 'volume' of weapons sold on auction are by volume and markup. But that skews data a bit as they'll play a lot more than the 'average' lower level player. Total mean level across all active players though is yeah probably closer to level 40 as there are a bunch of noob avatars that don't actually hunt.

I feel like this is something we could ask MindArk for as it doesn't relate to anything specific and is just an aggregate number. They likely have some database reports built for this already.

I would be curious to know what their criteria would be though... All accounts ever? Only active in last year? Etc.

@My|MindArk

The "average" player has a life and a family and simply no time to really level. So the "average" playerbase is probably around the 50ies in their highest hunting profession or at mid 20 in crafting or mining (one has to take the whole playerbase for a average, even if some of those that had level 10 and never came back screws it).
Definining "medium" player level is simpler...take the highest and the lowest, cut it by half and you know where you are....roughly
I would define "medium" as something above level 100, above 350k skills, above 300 health....not that really easy to say "now you are it" because I only look at the hunting side. A level 100 crafter could surely be considered uber for me, if he hast level 75 in tectures (pure) he is godlike.

Must disagree with Evey though on the "100 is archivable in a year"...it definately is not without a real shitload of injecting cash and imping up. And only in hunting then.
Even if one gets allways the best weapon one can use you can not possibly cycle enough PEDs to get those skills. Even with Codex now, absolutely no way...

4 years ago "a mid player" meant to be able to hunt lvl 50+ mobs solo (to grind platinum fen tokens). The new mid is something around: L50+ looter, 80%+ eff, L80+ dmg/hit, 25k+ bankroll. At this levels you are starting to be able to break even (but not profit) if you know what, where, when and how to hunt ofc. In other words the new mid = you are able to break even on some Caly mobs solo.

Back