Awakening memories...from long time ago.

Mad Mike

Provider
Society
Skyfall
Mike Mad Mike Hoare
Was just reading through a few n00b threads and had a picture from very long time in my mind, like when I started in orange jumper and running outside of PA and seen a guy killing a mob with a Vanguard defending his mining claim (which I didnt know what that was).

In late 2004, early 2005 the most creepy mob to me was a Conrnundacauda and whenever I've seen it, I tried to avoid it and run as much as I can in the opposite direction - to run in some Faux or Merp or Snable/Exa :)

I remember some spot close to Zychion where we noobs were able to "trap" mobs in a pit, there were young Atrox around and Faux (not Falx). So one guy was always trying to attract the mob and make them run into the pit so we other were able to sweat them. To get rid of them some guy in Knight Armor (OMG, the most uber armor to me these days) then killed them and if he was a nice guy, we dragged a few more mobs into the pit.

These were really good times and EU was a total gripping expirience when you made 10PED a day with sweating and selling it at 4-5PED/1K to some guys at PA - when PA was a crowded place and like most trades were done there or at Camp Phoenix, later Twins became more popular due to the Argos that have been around Twins. A little more to the north and north east there was a good spawn for drones and a little further north east were Warriors and Trooper - which was hard to kill in Vigi armor and some 6a plates :)

I remember making 500ped with sweating only and bought a set of Shogun or maybe also some Knight parts or Kobold, it was a weird mix but with the first mkII and a Bravo you didnt had to run away from Exa anymore, you finally killed them and sold wool to crafters in PA.

My first soc was the Sweathogs and from back in these days I still have contact with two guys from back then :) Graham Numptey Johnson and Christian Pollus Hawk.

Yes...these were great times.

Oh well...lunch time...colleagues calling :)

Have some memories from long time ago too? Share them, maybe we gathered sweat together at CP or at Zychion :)

Very similar to yours actually. Mine is of that argo hill north of Argus. I remember team hunting with my trusty justy MKII in shogun I had looted over time without plates cause they were too expensive for me at the time. You had to get past the Snabels and Exa in the field to get there. Meanwhile in transit you hoped that one of the unrelenting Sanrksnots didnt aggro to you and you had to run for 10 minutes to ditch it if you were solo.

My first hunting hof was with a friend that I used to hang with. We were hunting that hill and doing Ok when an Argo hunter came over the hill as we inched up to see what it was there. We BOTH were like OH SHIT!!!! do we run? We decided to man up and try to kill it and we did. You know how much fapping was needed with only a fap 35 to kill that thing!! Anyway we were about to die so my team mate whips out a marber bavo in a last ditch effort and drops it on a lucky crit. When the swirlies came it scared the shit outta me. Man what a rush gettin that the first time specially after a battle you think you cant win.

Soo many good memories from back in the early days makes it hard to be optimistic now after what has been done to the game.

haha yeah I remember the times sweating at the pit too!

for me Atrox was THE BEAST I always feared .. was soooo proud when I first could kill one myself (young ofc).
and my soc leader with his salamander armour was the uber god :laugh:

my very first experiences with mobs been very funny too ... first I ran out of PA, meet some Exo and tried to hit it with my hands.. boxing or something, but that damn avatar wouldnt do it! I bought a small pistol to get revenge.. but .. I had no ammo :silly2::tongue2: Third try I was shooting at Exo with my tiny pistol but they still killed me. Had to switch to snable to get some experience, and finally killed some but loot was by far not enough to buy new ammo. So I got myself a battleaxe which worked without ammo .. but quickly that axe was broken ??? OMG!!! :rofl:

I remember spending an hour or two at the spaceship graphic at Billy's trying to figure out how to get the beacon.

There was a crashed spaceship south of a TP I cant remember the name of (Phoenix, thx Maria :)), where you could stand on the wing and sweat the mobs below through the wing.......good times

Last edited:
There was a crashed spaceship south of a TP I cant remember the name of, where you could stand on the wing and sweat the mobs below through the wing.......good times

Phoenix... ah the good ol days.

Those were the times!

I have sweated for or day and bought my first jester, and 2 axes.
Then another 2 days of sweating at Twin slope or platform and I did my first mining run with my first global :)

How proud I was when I killed my first atrox young naked ... then they told me it was atrax.
I used to hate atrox ... they always got me later.
Before we used to be able to run away from mobs ... ah the first nerfs!

And we went out to teamhunts to complete our armor sets! We have looted everything.
Damn .. how many spare vigi parts we tt-ed because so many dropped that it had no price at all.

If we had only 4-5 globals on a common evening (100-200ped run all together) at Limnadian non regen allo/esto it was a bad loot day.

And then we started to depo a 'lot' , and not to loose it on one day hunting/mining, but to buy apartments, rare stuff.

How I miss those old days!

In late 2004, early 2005...

These were really good times and EU was a total gripping expirience when you made 10PED a day with sweating and selling it at 4-5PED/1K to some guys at PA...

I think it was even 4-5PED/100 not /1K.
Late 2006 the price was 1.1~1.3 PEC /bottle, so thats around 12 PED/1K.

Long time ago I was stuck at an outpost with my bro, an "uber" came and saved us. We chated a bit during the run, he said he had 100 PED ammo, which I found amazingly high. :eyecrazy: Now 100 PED ammo last less than 1h.

The most scaring mobs at that time were small Fouls around Troy. :laugh:

I think that the new comers now will probably make the same topic in about 6 years:)

What makes it special is being the first time, not especially being in 2005/2006

I have my special days from the beginning and the beginning for me was in March 2010, argo was the scariest mob and after I made the jump and decided to depo, I had a maddox IV from a friend and I could not believe I've just lost 70 USD in 3 days:) figure that?...UL gun at lvl 3 HIT;)

Since then, I've became more "Familiar" with losses:)

The magic is in the beginning and not the other way around

Last edited:
I had read some guides to entropia, on sweating and so on, so when i spawned, i explored the location. Got stuck in wet concrete after running up the stairs of some building. Listened to people complain about newbs never reading signs. Learned about pressing 'T'. Got stuck in wet concrete a couple of times more, then discovered the other set of stairs with the warning sign :p

Decided to go off and sweat and get to the swamp camp. So I headed towards the direction that looked most swampy. Oddly none of the mobs gave any sweat or if they reacted at all, it was to kill me. After some tries I revived in a new place - it had a fertilizing station, a weird pole that shot lightning into the sky and turrets. Getting away seemed to be almost impossible. Horrible mobs called Cornsomething, Foul and Bristlehogs would always kill me. It was especially bad in the night-times. After some days I did a depo, bought settler armor, opalo and vivo and broke through. By that I already knew that VU 10 had happened, sweating was broken and that I was on TI, and nowhere near swamp camp.

Very good there was a TT at that fertilizer station or I would probably have quit.

Ahhhhh the memories............. my sweating career was very short :D i did camp phoenix a while i met up with mikeeemooo i remember and i picked up allot about the game there on my week or 2 visit.
Also had some luck at the zychion bridge were u could sweat safe and trap the st00pid mobs underneath lol silly animals.
I depoed early and sweating didn't really speak to me, what did speak to me was when someone told me about the oil rig :eyecrazy: a dangerous place were u can get free peds, i had a bravo back then and maddox / vigi total power nub i didn't even know i had to repair the armor :D that i was told much later when i got more dmg in bear then my friend got in shogun hahaha.

The Rig!
I tried for many hours getting here and after a while depoed 20$ bought tp chip more ammo and bigger fap, voila 10min later i was standing at a stupid machine in the middle of nowhere with some guys i never seen then i died.
U have been killed buy swazer using ml35 or something :D FUCKING AS*HOL!!!! "#¤"%£€£$€#"¤"!3$@$@%&£€$@#¤%£$€
I got my revenge later on and me and swazer actually became good friends i still talk to him even though he hasn't played for years :D

Dragging big atrox into Phoenix for sweating
Trapping Cauds for sweating at Zychion
The famous Corn beach
Argos just S of Hades

Nice to see some old familiar names in this thread :D

I also enjoyed the music back then, nowadays I have music disabled since it's always the same old sh*t :) But there was one song that was pretty cool, I even copied it out of the sounds directory on the EU installation to listen to it even not playing...unfortunately most good tracks are gone now.

Also the Beacon missions were pretty much fun and I was always so happy to invite some ubers like Buck Stone or other much higher skilled players to them so we at least get a real chance to kill the final boss :)

Back then there was more of an spirit of EU surrounding me, which unfortunately disappeared right after I started depositing bigger amounts of money and started losing it.

But this is how it is and thinking back to these days still make me think that things might be better one day and so I stick to it and look for the light in the tunnel :)

When i first started,Nymphtown was my startposition,we traped some daikibas at fences,near a crib and sweated them...For my first money i bought a tt gun and some ammo,and i still got killed by a daikiba young:) Later i became a miner,and did better,then in these days,proudly say that i have been twice at the first place.Then u needed only a 1400 ped hof to get there.got it twice.With the first nerfs i quit,and that char got deleted.Came back 2 years with new ava,but never had even a slightest luck as with the first one,and then the VU10 came,i got frustrated and quit again for 2 years.Loged in into main page,so the char dont get deleted,and here i still am,but like the other ppl said,it isnt that fun anymore:wtg:

4.5-6ped per 100 sweat (7 per 100 from mentor).. ughh... the good old days.

Also, back then .. ANYTHING you did was fun.

Running in a tree was FUN!
Trapping mobs with no-armour team was fun ..
Using ''flying bug'' to get on top of zychion buildings and leaving items on top was fun... (left a full set of rascal + 2k sweats + other stuff on one of them.. but then they fixed that bug and later on zychion was destroyed by a meteor)
Going to rig was actually fun.. when sometimes people were in peace and took turns who would pick up oil without killing each other.

Last edited:
my first HoF was on Allophyl Mature for 274 ped about 3 months after I started (using breer m4 I believe)...

I was on auto-fire... a friend stopped by for a few minutes, and when I got back to the game from answering the door, the Allo was apparently long been dead and I was shootin' at the sun!... I ran back to the PC to loot it before it disappeared after who knows how many wasted shots, when I luckily collected the loot, HOF...
"HHOOOOOOFFFF" noise!!! my first big swirlies! 274 ped!!! woooo!!! :yay:

gotta love your first HoF!!! :silly2:

I'll always remember Camp Phoenix as the spot where I got hooked into Entropia...a belkar hof to the north and a tad east down and across the river, then a lyst hof on a tiny island in the river, both unamped :D

Then Orthos West Mound and the gigantic mountain there where I got my first drone and atrax kills as well as taking down a molisk scout with a ewe ep-38 night special.

I WANT THE OLD EU BACK!

my first HoF was on Allophyl Mature for 274 ped about 3 months after I started (using breer m4 I believe)...

I was on auto-fire... a friend stopped by for a few minutes, and when I got back to the game from answering the door, the Allo was apparently long been dead and I was shootin' at the sun!... I ran back to the PC to loot it before it disappeared after who knows how many wasted shots, when I luckily collected the loot, HOF...

Little off topic wouldn't you say? This is from the current age - auto-fire and shit.

I remember flying my spaceship to Crystal Palace before it was redesigned & sold.
I left my ship in one of the landing docks and went to hunt in one of the domes.

After a few days I decided to go back but forgot where my ship was.
I spent 2 hours to find it and get back down :)

Atami

I remember flying my spaceship to Crystal Palace before it was redesigned & sold.
I left my ship in one of the landing docks and went to hunt in one of the domes.

Atami

LOL - true so true - forgot all about that.

Little off topic wouldn't you say? This is from the current age - auto-fire and shit.
"My First HoF" is not off-topic, it's precisely the topic! :laugh:

and it was September 05, 2008... long before auto-tool was an in-game function! :yup:

"I was on auto-fire" just so you know what you said.

"I was on auto-fire" just so you know what you said.

yes, I had my own auto-fire before the auto-tool function was implemented! :thumbup:

(left-click macro)

Atami

OMG, haha, I copy that. When flying with a pilot there I was sometimes so lost in that catacombes after arrival and pilots had to wait for me so many times because I didnt know where the fuck I was :)

Ahhhhh the memories............. .
U have been killed buy swazer using ml35 or something :D FUCKING AS*HOL!!!! "#¤"%£€£$€#"¤"!3$@$@%&£€$@#¤%£$€
I got my revenge later on and me and swazer actually became good friends :D

Lol Gunz, thanks for killing me at Shinook 4 years ago !
Otherwise I guess we would now not be on FL in game :)

It became impetus to 'have a go' and to bitch about you at the time, now I realise it was a trivial matter that acted as a motivator to advance my skills.

Now your on FL, and yeah its worth the time and dedication to have many well skilled characters on FL along with great in game memories:)

BTW MM the space ship was near chugs hideout ;)

Twas 2008 when my friend told me he found a cool game called "Entropia". He had played it for several days already, and as an experienced player :) :) :) he would show me the ropes.

So.. was born in New Oxford, all alone - my friend wasn't online yet. Looked around, the teleporter thing (hmm, what's it used for?), the buildings, and the most interesting thing - the big stone bridge and the distant yellow hills behind it, hills of the "Treasure Island"... mmmm, that sounded like huge adventure!
Soon i sighted a big brown animal with a long neck grazing peacefully. I had no fap no gun and no clue.. so i simply watched it, even managed to sit myself down (wohoo!)
Then my friend came, gave me a gun and some armor parts and said you were lucky, this thing would have killed you in an instant! It was exa mature..

In PA's swamp camp where we used to skill and sweat there was a weird server crash one day - i got disconnected and when i logged in again the whole area was full of dead avatars. Apparently they were also disconnected and remained there until the mobs killed them.
For some reason there was no reviving, they all remained where they had fallen. A big dim hillside full of tiny shivering candles of death, hundreds of them... i will never forget that eerie and at the same time incredibly beautiful sight.

in 2005 I started this game with an unforgettable even, when in orange with solomate and killed a exo mature with 20 PED shining in the loot windows :D
The a global 78 PED in the very first run in mining....
The good old days....

Quit for 5 years and now come back, still newbie :D

I have many fond memories of Entopia...

The Faucervix Gaurdian that I revive killed with my brother using opalo's and running from Zychion for 5 minutes every time we died... gave us a 80ped global ;)

The Ghost armor (felt like an uber)... I bought after falling for the armor upgrade scam. Only to realise it gave me almost no protection. Only later I as told to keep it full tt:D

The first soc hunt I went on with all my new uber soc m8's in their vigi and nemi armor and the full tpI chip and ME they gave me so I could keep up with them.

Back