Back!

Status
Marco|MindArk said:
The next 6 months for Entropia Universe will have the focus on "Polish, fix and enhance". Expect to see many additions to existing systems in dire need for updates (like Mindforce and Taming). It has been a period where "gameplay" has been held back, now we focus on that, together with fixing bugs. Entropia needs to be more fun!

Big fat :thumbup: !!

Last edited:
Wow very interesting and cool! I guess we see as promised that you are focusing on other markets like Germany and the east. China has a lot of people, it will be crazy to see what happens when EU catches on there and if it will create unique market dynamics because of the time differences.

Last night I was watching a show about outsourcing of IT support to India and they said that the most ambitious Indians work overnight because it is the day time in America. As pertains to EU, we have enough trouble coordinating sales and events between Europe and the Western Hemisphere and now we'll have to take the world into account! Pretty cool.

Best of luck to all these endeavors.

p.s. I hope "herding" does not mean "every red dot on the radar rushes at you." :)

First up, gratz Marco, you just earned your month's pay, in approx 150 words you seemed to have cheered up the entire community :)

As for new AI, sounds good, and I for one wouldn't mind hunting being a little (very little) more expensive provided it is much more fun and bug free.

Epictetus said:
p.s. I hope "herding" does not mean "every red dot on the radar rushes at you." :)
Doh! :duh: - said MA AI developer reading your post ;)

P.S. I remember Marco also mentioning bot formations like if the army was organized. Interesting stuff... :tongue2:

Storm-Angel said:
Marco said:
It has been a period where "gameplay" has been held back, now we focus on that, together with fixing bugs. Entropia needs to be more fun!
this means more "No loot" (hunting) "No resources" (mining) "No sweat" (sweating) and "Failure Attempt" (crafting)? :saint:
Maybe not more "No loot", but bigger variety of messages: 'No loot, sir!' 'Oh man, not a single pec here', 'Loot is an utter crap today, isn't it?' ;)

Last edited:
Arr ! I'm really happy with the announcements but I have to ask :

What's up with the promised new graphic engine with improved physics after summer ? Because we are approaching of this "after summer" ;)

Marco|MindArk said:
The next VU will include a massive AI enhancement, which will make hunting more entertaining, as creatures will have sneaky behavior as well as herd mentality.

Umm, arent the mobs smart enough already? They seem to know how to very quickly become undamagable, while retaining their ability to damage us. I would hate to see the result of a "herd mentality" of "sneaky" undamageable mobs.

While sarcastic, this is a very real issue.

Marco|MindArk said:
Just wanted to share that I am back the office of MindArk and it feels great to be back! As there are some 20000 or so new messages, please feel free to direct me to any thread you feel I need to look at (it doesn't mean I'll reply though).

On another note, MA will be present at the GC 2006 fair in Leizpig later this month.

http://www.gc-germany.com/

Hi Marco, hope you had a great holiday!

Dont listen to anyone else, there have been no important threads at all while you have been away! :D

The one thing EVERYONE (honestly, its not just me!) wants is more Basic Hair Colour Sets to drop. They only drop from Calamusiod Males and really rarely. There are now too many people able to colour hair in game when compared to the drop rate.

I must have seen at least 100 threads while you were away all asking for more Hair colour sets!.... honestly! ;)

Maybe the new "Herding AI" could mean that depending on your HP and weapons, the mobs could run away in a herd, when you attack one. Or all attack you if your weak.

Or something like that. :laugh:

elisa said:

It feels like the tantillons do that already. The whole pack comes barking at you as you enter their radar. And as for mobs being sneaky, I remember being trapped in a hostile LA, where the border was guarded by estos. I tried to run past them, I thought I had succeeded - but when I thought I was safe, they started to run for me and got me from behind.

elisa said:
P.S. I remember Marco also mentioning bot formations like if the army was organized. Interesting stuff... :tongue2:

When hunting bots east of Jason, I pretty often see the bots forming an execution squad lineup in front of me. :laugh:

Last edited:
Suggestions :

-Fix my linestrip shades bug
-Fix the texture problem
-Introduce the Space Pirates already :p
-Where is the beer and foodpacks (Stamina anyone?)
-Introduce vehicles when taming is fully implemented xP

Make the Heavy Weapon/Support Weapon Skill available or change the symbol with the laganus/rockjacker on it...

;)

McCormick said:
Suggestions :

-Fix the texture problem
-Introduce the Space Pirates already :p
-Introduce beer and foodpacks (Stamina anyone?)

Make the Heavy Weapon/Support Weapon Skill available or change the symbol with the laganus/rockjacker on it...

;)

Nooo! More features = more bugs! Let them fix the ones they have first :laugh:

elisa said:

Maybe not more "No loot", but bigger variety of messages: 'No loot, sir!' 'Oh man, not a single pec here', 'Loot is an utter crap today, isn't it?' ;)

Personally, this sounds more like: "Hey, Lets give MA more loot" and "If you think you're pee'd off now, take a look at MA's annual statement". C'mon, this all sounds like another way to grab $$ from players while feigning "improvements" to the game.

Marco, I understand that you've been on "vacation", but you should try reading some of the threads regarding the declining quality of the EU. Bugs are rife throughout the game and are (seemingly) ignored while supposed "improvements" as those suggested above are contemplated.

Please try to think of the long-term gains that will be awarded to MA should it opt to improve game play and other "quality of EU life" issues rather than considering different ways of trying to put it nicely "Yes, we just ripped you off in several different ways, sucka!". Because, in all honesty, thats the very transparent message most, if not all, EU participants will get.

But, I'm just one person....

Please fix the "this creature can`t take damage" BUG. It is very annyoing. I know you guy need that armour and fap decay and you tried to find a way fix trapping, but your solution is not acceptable. You just shifted the loss from you to the players. Now it`s not MA who`s losing, it`s us. This has been around for 5-6VUs or more. IF YOU GONNA MAKE THE MOBS SMARTER PLEASE MAKE SURE THEY WON`T GET STUCK IN FLAT GROUND, IN EACHOTHER`S ASS, OR IN SOME ANT HILL :wise:

McCormick said:

Its not the shade that is bugged :D

McCormick said:

I wonder why evryone ask for vehicle , i am sure only som player will be abel to aford it ...

Etopia said:
I wonder why evryone ask for vehicle , i am sure only som player will be abel to afford it ...
they just want something new, to complain later that MA had rather fixed the bugs instead of adding new stuff :laugh:

imo
we don't need vehicles, if the pets would became more useful it would be a step forward too
we don't need much more content that is left unfinshed, alot of ppl complained about it, so don't ask for it to be added

Alice said:
we don't need vehicles, if the pets would became more useful it would be a step forward too
we don't need much more content that is left unfinshed, alot of ppl complained about it, so don't ask for it to be added
Total agrea.
adding saddlebag to pet would make them usefull :)
And i really dont see the point to have vehicle right now , there a lot of "old" feature to finish and fix first.

Etopia said:
I wonder why evryone ask for vehicle , i am sure only som player will be abel to aford it ...

Yes, it sounds to most people as if they think vehicles will be cheaper then mindforce teleportation... :dunce: :tongue2:

Calypso is full of shuttles and small hoover thingys...

...but we only travel by feet (or will soon ride a mob)...the future is now ?! ;)

McCormick said:

...but we only travel by feet (or will soon ride a mob)...the future is now ?! ;)

We do comerce and trade all day long and we dont have calculator.
We have future map on computeur you can not even put a dot on.
We use future computeur that dont have notepad.
Best mellée weapon are old katana and crap axe.
Best armor looks like old crap medieval things.
We payed for age 200% for iron when there shit load or iron in all town on the ground.
You pay lots of money for a ugly potted plant you found in the stomack of som strange creature but you can not use the nice plant next to you.
You use board looted in dinosaure to make chair , but you can not cut 1 of the 200 godzillion trees around you (even if you got the axe that is the best melée weapon).

Dont try find logic in PE...

Something is sure there lots of things to finish , and vehicle will only be usable by som uber with lots of cash ....
Beside adding som more jet set hype , i really dont see anything good for "normal" player in vehicle.

Etopia said:
Something is sure there lots of things to finish , and vehicle will only be usable by som uber with lots of cash ....
Beside adding som more jet set hype , i really dont see anything good for "normal" player in vehicle.
there is one
newbies could be killed faster in PvP, simply because the ubers drive over them
saves them a lot of time, so they can revive immediatly :rolleyes:
i really don't want to see vehicles ingame, pretty unecessary for now
and i guess most who could afford vehicles, are using tp chips atm, so, they don't travel by foot anyway ;)
(ever seen an uber moving over 1000m distance with his feet? :laugh: )

Don't forget the jackasses :wise:

/me has a poor vision of PA full of teens with hover-scoots

But in a virtual universe, vehicles is something needed, probably not for eudoria which is a small continent, but in the future, when Amethera will be fully open, or another continent even bigger, we will need them to travel.

Geez, folks, this one's an easy fix: Just make all Equus tameable and then just get on and ride them!! :)

Friday 30 Jan 2004, over at EP:
Marco|MindArk said:
During 2004 Project Entropia will evolve even more. In the next couple of weeks we hope to present a road map of the future, to bring along the vibrant and creative Project Entropia community in the journey towards the next evolution. We are also putting together a series of milestones from the past – seeing how Project Entropia looked in 1999 for instance.

The road map we have seen (a new one now, perhaps?). But I'm still awaiting those milestones, unless I missed them at some point. :)

McCormick said:

great observation ,, we are supposedly in a futuristic world and stuck walking , this isnt our planet , let global warming commence :D

Danoclese said:
Geez, folks, this one's an easy fix: Just make all Equus tameable and then just get on and ride them!! :)
This was my first thought when they were introducted to PE!

Yeah. Watch my movies on YouTube and have a laugh. Which of course are totally non-PE-related.

But you asked for a hint about a good thread, so check the URL on my siggie :D

welcome back marco....

still hoping to hear some info on many community issues.

Storm-Angel said:
Loots
- I see More great loots for "ubers" (1k, 2k,3k peds etc..), noobs (like me or my socm8) losing peds all the time. I have a socm8 losing all the time about 1 month

Lol storm angel just look at the 2 last ubers 2 noobs from gold rush who got 15k ++, dont believe only noobs lose money :)

helena said:
Lol storm angel just look at the 2 last ubers 2 noobs from gold rush who got 15k ++, dont believe only noobs lose money :)

Well, noobs like me, and others (don't noobs) losing always.

Status
Back