Bad Deciples

Congadawg

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Hamilton Congadawg Shears
Your always hearing so much about bad mentors on here, I thought I'd take a moment to discuss the idea of bad deciples.

First of all, you have to give them a little slack. They're new, after all. But I'm wondering how many of you have experienced deciples such as this......

Ok.. now we all know, that as mentors, their is no such thing as a stupid questions. Well sometimes I wonder about that. ;) That's all I'll say there.

The problem i keep running into is deciples that don't want to listen to anything you say. You try to tell them that starting with an opallo is the best and they say something along the lines of "pistol is cooler." COOLER? Well i always tell them that it's up to them in the long run and that I'm only there to answer questions, give advise and show the ropes, but sometimes I just wanna virtually smack them. I had another deciple once that would ask questions, and after i'd answer them, he'd never return any PM's. Never would meet up with me, etc. I scanned him before taking him on to make sure he wasn't a scammer, but I guess it could always be someone with a different account. Who knows. I had another deciple that kept changing professions. He got to 50% in rifle and then switched to handgun... then to melee, and now he's a reseller and never hunts.

Then of course there are those that you deciple and never hear from again.

One thing i've learned about a deciple is that it's not such a great idea to start giving them items right off the bat. make sure they're dedicated first and see how patient they are and how willing they are to listen to your advise. Helping someone out is always a good thing, but being a mentor is more than just that, so think twice before mentoring. It could prove more problems than its worth. It's something you really need to be ready and prepared for. You must have tons of patience as well as knowledge, but you have to be smart about it as well.

Any thoughts or opinions on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Congadawg

Then of course there are those that you deciple and never hear from again.
those i know, i sell them at tt+1
any interest ?
(i would be rich !!)
:silly2:
One thing i've learned about a deciple is that it's not such a great idea to start giving them items right off the bat.
You must have tons of patience as well as knowledge, but you have to be smart about it as well.
patience you will need for sure
sarcasm you will get after the after the first 10 who quitted
and knowledge, well, reading a lot helps :D

to the bad disciples, i have 2 examples
nr 1
found him in Phoenix, was the brother of a disciple i already had
wanted a TP run to Twin, so i took him there
immediatly i was kicked, he just needed me to protect him
(since i was a bit pissed, i told him something like "with this attidue you won't make it longer than 2 weeks", 14 days (really, not kidding), his brother pmd me, said my beloved ex disciple was killed in PVP3, and lost most of his stuff
well, i was a bit like :woohoo:, and he told me his brother quitted :yay: ;
as i said, the sarcasm you get)

nr2
she asked in Port Atlantis for a mentor (as sidenote, if someone is asking for a mentor, it is often a "professional disciple", just asking for a mentor because he wants something), anyway i took her
made my standard tp run with her, means to Atlas Haven
since she wanted to sweat, i left her there and went hunting (couldn't sweat back in the days)
the run took at least 1 hour 20 minutes, i ran to my hunting area, another 30 min or so, and got a pm, she was stucked south of argus
so, 30 min back, 30 min to stuckoutpost, 30 min back to argus and went hunting again
was kicked when i reached the hunting area with the words that she "found a mentor who is nice" to her
needless to say that i wasn't that happy after about 3
hours unencessary running
(sidenote, i bet she quitted, if you kick someone for an, most likely, opalo and 100 ammo, you won't it long)

lol.. good stories. glad to know there is someone feeling my frustrations. I do need to mention that I have two wonderful deciples right now. Extremely nice people who have tons of patience with me and listen very carefully to me.... follow my advice and ask questions that they should be asking. Great guys. They'll do very well.

lol.. good stories. glad to know there is someone feeling my frustrations. I do need to mention that I have two wonderful deciples right now. Extremely nice people who have tons of patience with me and listen very carefully to me.... follow my advice and ask questions that they should be asking. Great guys. They'll do very well.
true, i didn't tell all the story i guess, those 2 were the worst i had

i have around 4 from time to time at least active disciples with bigger chance to make it
and a bunch of finished ones
and i had a great time with them (i hope they had too :) )

Back