Bah... this is disgusting.

Green Rowan

Alpha
Against my better judgment, I decided to drop a few mines today... I have promised myself that I won’t do anything expensive until the conversion to ce2 or peace in the Middle East (whichever comes first), but I got bored sweating.

So I start a mining run from TI south, along the west coast. I take out a few hogs blocking my way and I finally reach the Letomie herd. I wanted to take a look at the slugs and see if I can take out a young... big mistake... the moment I set foot in the LA and started shooting, a flood of “item is currently busy and cannot be accessed” greeted me.

Even the Maddox IV I just used to shoot the hogs started to act like I was on CND... the reload time has at least doubled, and switching between the gun and the fap became as slow as the introduction of CE2.

So, I ask you: is it worth hunting anything as long as these problems persist? One thing is certain, if I could bend so far, I’d kick my own ass right now for giving in to the urge to hunt.

Green

i can't comment as i don't hunt but i'm curious about the answer

I feel your frustraiton, “item is currently busy and cannot be accessed” <can be the most annoying thing ever sometimes :/

I get exactly that problem:

IN PVP 3 & 4

Most anywhere on Amethera.

Hence I avoid those areas.

Sadly the servers MA use for the above areas seem a bit "outdated".
server.gif

For information ...

I had the same issues a lot until 2 weeks ago. I just got my new laptop and now i probably had 1 busy item since that date, so i think it is mainly due to your computer.

If it was down to my computer, I would get the problem consistently all over the game... but I don’t... only in certain areas of Amethera and up on CND...

And as far as I can tell, my machine more than meets the requirements

I dont get that problem :scratch2:
Not in any area..
Now I have a überpc and a very fat pipe to the interwebs so prolly you have a bottleneck somewhere.. methinks

gotten the same lately, a LOT more than usuall

Just thought of this..
where are you guys that have that problem located? USA?
Im from Holland and pretty close to Sweden so maybe thats a factor?

Goeden avond buurman...

Judging by the sea of tulips and the windmills outside, it’s Holland here too...

Just thought of this..

Dont get any closer ! :O

Just thought of this..

I thought the servers were in Germany, or have I missed something ??

Von

I do not actually think that is an item which could be dubbed disgusting.. a somewhat different verbatim could suffice though

Post Scriptum
I am quite sorry for all corruptions this post may suffer from due to drunkenness..

I don't have this problem much at all. Though I got killed twice during WoF cause I couldn't get my fap to equip, was a bit frustrating...

For information ...

I had the same issues a lot until 2 weeks ago. I just got my new laptop and now i probably had 1 busy item since that date, so i think it is mainly due to your computer.

I agree Arkonen;

MindArk/FPC says that most lag is created client side. I used to think this was BS until I bought my new computer. No problems now. So perhaps you need to check out your end before writing an angry letter to MA.

I have this problem sometimes when I switch from fap to gun quickly I think its how the system work. you cant switch to quickly or it will send that message. And if you keep pressing the button to change it will send again and again.

I live in sweden I got 30mb/s connection my computer is a beast. So it cant be servers fault nor lagg. It must be the system.

It's definately not a PC issue. I know this because I have a monster of a PC with zero hardware bottlenecks, even in software applications 100x more resource hungry than EU could ever hope to be.
I have this problem sometimes when I switch from fap to gun quickly
This frustration is amplified when you notice that you switch to gun from fap and lose a click worth of ammo, without actually shooting, then you have to wait for FAP-timed reload on your gun!
:scratch2:
The one thing I've yet to test is whether this works the other way, by this I mean, does switching from gun->fap then clicking (without being healed but with reload being activated) decay your fap?
I'ma be sure to send a support case once tested, along with the "you just stole my ammo" tests lol
On that note.. what's the best program to use to record video in-game?

If you are in the US this may be the problem: Bonehead Chops Fiber Optic Cables

I've never had this problem before now. It bad for me now very frequent. Also pingplotter is showing many lost packets from San Jose and surounding area.

I get this all the time when I am playing on my second computer, which is not as good my main. I will get a lot of Item Busy messages, then my hard drive will thrash for a few seconds, then I can use the item.

It most likely is caused by a bottleneck on the client side. Probably having to process too much at certain times.

Hi Green, I got the same problem on Ti when hunting hogglo or when I hunt
Scipulor at Oshiri. With hogglo it isn't too bad when I stay at the waters edge.

I have noticed an increase in lagg since the last update.
Swamp camp has never been this laggy, as it now can be since the last update.
At Nea's Place it's now impossible to sweat for me.
I can hunt ambulimax without much lagg, when I move far enough from the sweaters.

Although I run EU on an older PC, with an 20mb connection,
the lagg increased right after the last update.

Btw I'm curious, does anyone else notice a lagg spike when someone
enters or leaves your radar. It's not a big one, but I do notice this.

Oh well just have to hang on till CE2 comes and I'm on a new PC.

I know exactly what you mean mate:

I was hunting in PvP4 when I scored my first attacker global, 55ped. I started charging my TP chip, and right before the end, my EMT decides to equip itself. I thought, oh well, no biggie, started charging again - but this time a GD pops up - near the end of my charge, the damn EMT equips, again. Im thinking, wtf, so I get my rifle (at least I was hoping so) and started mashing away at the 4 button (hotkeyed to it) and was hoping to kill him (he was in ghost - vs. marber bravo + 104, he didnt have a chance. Then, I watched my body fall to the floor and it said you were killed by so and so with a Breer M3a. It hurts, when you full size the chat screen to see nothing but yellow.

I sent a support that this was a bit of a mess up, I mean, how the hell does an item autoequip, and whats with the TIICBACBA message? They said its lag related. Hmm, I gave up there on them, thinking there is no use going over this point too harshly - but I know it must have been a latency spike, or its screwed - coz my lappy can run bf2142 (on 100% full graphics) on a server in america (im in Australia) with less lag than that.

My new lappy can run Crysis on full graphics at 60fps, and yet I still have had points where TIICBACBA comes up way too often.

Oh well, hopefully CE2 will fix all that :)

Dazz.

I get exactly that problem:

IN PVP 3 & 4

Most anywhere on Amethera.

Hence I avoid those areas.

Sadly the servers MA use for the above areas seem a bit "outdated".
server.gif

:laugh: what year is this computer and i bet i could play EU on the go :silly2:

WTF IS DISGUSTING???

**LOOKING**

:laugh:

I do agree, the lag can become annoying at times....

Since the latest main VU, I have also noticed an increase in lag.

Sweating at Neas is horrible! The green sweat lines never seem to go away, so after a short time, all I can see on my screen are the mob health bars and flourescent green.

When out hunting, I always have to pay attention to the IRL time. At around 1700, I believe my ISP resets for the 24-hour period (ofc, this could also be something that MA servers are doing at that time... virus scan? who knows?) Prior to the VU, this would cause a small lag spike... more of a bump in the road. Now, when it hapens, I cannot do ANYTHING for several minutes. If hunting something big... I am pretty much screwed. Cannot move, FAP, shoot, scream for help... rather like a bad horror film. :silly2:

Something has definitely changed, and not for the better. I know if I am lagging with my setup, then there are many who probably rubber-band always.

I do agree, the lag can become annoying at times....

At around 1700, I believe my ISP resets for the 24-hour period (ofc, this could also be something that MA servers are doing at that time... virus scan? who knows?) Prior to the VU, this would cause a small lag spike... more of a bump in the road.

If you are using a router are you sure that it is nto the router just resetting itself after 24 hours (a process you can change the time in the router set up normally)

But yes I have noticed an increase in them stupid yellow lines and it can be annoying.

Hoping it will just be temp like it was last time they broke out all over the place.

I think MA are putting their collective heads in the sand if they always blame client side. agreed it prob is most of the time. but you know once in a while it may be them as well. they just do not wanna admit it. or the ppl writing the support returns have no idea what they are talking about. (the latter is more likely most of the time)

theres about half a dozen reasons to cause this. they range from MA being crap, though various parts of t'internet being crap, to your PC being crap.

check your HD isnt fragged to a sea of red.
check you're not running shitty apps in the background, especially check for flash session/ads.
if it happens suddenly, check your memory havnt just filled up. EU has a pretty bad memory leak, restarting EU will cure that.
check you havent set your connection speed too high. dont set it to what your ISP claims the speed to be because a) they lie and b) they lie. set it low.
dont really know too much about it but check if you've got a bad MTU miss match on your router to your network - search for MTU here for some pointers (advanced/last option i think)
run pingplotter to identify network problems. is it your ISP network, MA's or inbetween. BTW servers are in Germany.
Support case. if you whinge here and not to support they wont know and cannot fix anything.

the thing is for every person complaing performance is crap, they get lag and cannot equip messages, most of the time theres others without the problem, so blaming only MA isnt going to fix much. though they did do something a couple of VU ago to fix an exploit which is still screwing us, i hope they do a proper fix soon.

Back