Bambis hunting setup

deathception

Guardian
Bambideath deathception durka
Hello everyone , so over the years ive played the game casually, and recently i have decided to take the game on a more serious level on a semi medium budget setup, ultimately i would like to profit with MU , knowing that tt returns are never going to be 100% longterm i decided to focus on DPP to save on costs per mob as well as make loot composition more solid, my setup is ML-35 t5 adjusted with dante amp, accuracy enhancers as well as 5% crit hit chance and 99 %increase crit dmg with rings and shocktrooper armor, and 129% when using dmg pills . To save costs on armor and healing ill be focusing on mobs i can kill before they hit me, and MU loot to make up for tt loss . I might make a log , but at this point i just want to hear peoples thoughts advice or criticism

I have started a log for those curious what my returns will be
returns on DPP focus

Last edited:
go offworld.

Caly MU is based on selling at a loss because if it was profit everyone would hunt it and then it become a sold at a loss.(The story of caly)

Offworld is based on the fact that calypsonian are scared to have the other non caly loot, dont need much and for quantity the warp isnt worth it. So they rather pay more on auction with someone warp it. You dont even need to warp it yourself.. Usually anyone giving decent will be able to take on his own warp to sell for more at caly. Whatever way you look at it, you dont really lose after factoring warp, loss time, auction fee and so on.

You will do well on focusing on DPP

Very excited to see, Got some good idea on mobs for you too if you wanted to chat

how come ?
Ppl are gonna hate because they will see only the bad side of what I will say. Clever people will see the balance...

DPP setup is the art of playing a tight slot(most people lose on tight slots) in order to generate more MU items in general.
This is why they always try to focus a ton on MU to compensate the fact that they can get big hof but in general get terrible return due to spending being lower.

My personal non factual perception while I played is that the more efficiency you use, the more likely your mob will give you an equipable but it will be at a much lower TT value rendering it almost useless. Of course that is open to interpretation when you hunt way bigger mobs than me but anyone who ever said a big mob had a lot of MU usually only fell asleep in front of the computer and is having dream of a mob that can hof big while having decent markup. A thing that doesnt exist in most cases because the big hof hunters hunt big peds cycles and dry all those few mobs with MU to the point they only have the hof left and the ultra rares that dont show up enough.

Still, I wouldnt call it a subpar setup. Just a different type of RNG.
It's like playing Lotto-rare and Lotto-lose-a-lot-for-the-big-hit

For me, I prefer to hunt a bit lower efficiency because when I find a chip, it need to be a bit bigger loot via spending to put it be close to full or full TT. Else you cant even auction it seeing the flat fees.

Again, I hunt way smaller mobs in most situation that the big hunters here.

Generally dpp means its cheaper to hunt a mob when it comes to cost per kill and also lower global muliplier, the mob might only drop a max stack of Mu items per kill or allowed maximum stack , so for example output amplifier stacks drop from certain mobs at an average tt lets say of 2 ped regardless if i spend 5 ped or 2 ped to hunt the mob the maximum stack allowed would be 2 ped but i could be wrong and feel free to correct me since im not that much of a expert in the subject

Last edited:
correct me since im not thatmuch of a expert in the subject
Nothing to correct this is totally true and another prime sign of my belief that DPP on caly is like trying to ride a Ferrari on a dirt road in the mountain. There are mobs I hunt at lowest maturity if I MU hunt because some MU cant even drop more on bigger maturities.
Vixen gears and grindhouse serie vinyls come to mind. For the vinyls you can hunt from 50hp scanvenger wolves to have top of 7 unit per type on a drop where I never seen more than 2 types in 1 drop or you can hunt Crunk Sharks that wont drop more per loot instance while starting at 2000hp(40 wolves to kill). The few times I went hunting the sharks was for the swirl, not the MU ratio.

RUN 1
TT IN 1137.62 ped
TT OUT 1085.32 ped
RETURN 95.38%
PROFIT/LOSS -52.23 ped

NOTABLE LOOT:
ESI 11.24 PED
T3 COMP 10.40 PED

RUN 1
TT IN 1137.62 ped
TT OUT 1085.32 ped
RETURN 95.38%
PROFIT/LOSS -52.23 ped

NOTABLE LOOT:
ESI 11.24 PED
T3 COMP 10.40 PED
What mob did you go for if I may ask, or did you do a mixed hunt?

Mixed hunt on 2 planets but it was houn scoria, then cyrene i did paneleons and small tides it was a test run

While DPP in a gun is important it is not everything.. could have a DPP of 5. If you have the wrong gear or not enough dps you are wasting it.

good luck with the log. Love a hunting log!

advice much appreciated, i have taken into account those factors and most mobs i kill die within 10-15 shots so im over or just about the right dps but thank you it reinforces my thoughts on dps and dpp appropriate for efficent hunting

Check your overkill, will be more kills/ped, to use low dmg finisher

How much DPP you have atm ?

Last edited:
Back