Ban people from your shop

more minds about selling...

Crafting and selling in bulks is risky. No problems for producer if it's done upon request and sold immediately. But if amount of items was crafted for undefined/indistinct customer, if there is a few space between the cost of craft and the market value and especially if there are more crafters on the field to serve community - it will be risk to recover cost of production.
Market is market - more you put to it more it goes down. True for case when efficient value of the item (i.e. quality) is lower than the selling price. And that will be true in all cases when flow of goods is taxed (other case is donation). Crafter should get something for the service as well as anyone working on the way of item to customer will cut some part of money in the flow (mall owner, land owner, media owner, street trader, reseller...). But also crafter should care about what items he/she is producing - bombs, cakes or bread. If more bombs produced - there will be higher risk of someone will explode by accident [mining with OA109s bought at 200% there will be frequent "explosions"...]. One could say - we should learn how to deal with bombs, but I could ask - isn't there more interesting things we could do instead?
In EU distribution is terrible and extra above item quality we pay is super high :/ It's waste of community resources. People getting amazed why they pay to some persons, what for or at times they don't know about their waste constituents at all :/. We pay even for NULL service (alike users of limited OA105 amps are paying to users of unlimited OA105 amps the difference of decay). All that hidden waste brings us to problems on determining what "cheap" means and if selling more of "cheap" wont bring us to high problems. :scratch2: When "cheap" is combined with high waste on distribution (resources --> to producer, items --> to customer) - more "cheap" flown will bring higher waste. I would like to see lesser whiners around after high adrenaline on 40 MA109s used. For best effect there should be enough long prepare phase.
I would like MA/FPC's help on lowering that waste and caring not to release projects for growing it more :/ Most vulnerable are newcommers - I call them "kids/children" - they just born in EU and got many questions like kids. Is amoral to kill them for that. Great progress on providing us various valuable info (info on market value of any items to purchase, auction search, sort functions lowered cost of item search and let customers get best and fair deals, lowered risk of being tricked, scammed). Keep that way!
When some miner hits ATH on resource - market reacts and prices go down. Temporarily in most cases, but still that happens. Same is with crafted items. If you want lesser risk - sell quick until market not reacted. Reseller will buffer the risk if purchased and will sell slower. Recovering the cost crafter will be able to produce next batch (and that will be additional risk factor for reseller :)). To squall: if you could produce and sell more cheap items - simply do that and resellers will die. If not - recommendation - lock the shop and place info at the entrance "there are XXX items at yyy price in this shop - contact zzz to get unlimited access to it" for case you would like to sell your items for chosens. Or you could hire gorilla to stay at the entrance for kicking away resellers. Hehe, I bet that could be fun for some1 to fill that position :D

Currently, if item sold in shop it not influences market - traders(crafters) tend to exploit that feature. It's tricking community about real market and did not informs community about items sold somewhere for cheaper (even could be for cheaper than cheapest BO[buyout] in auction). Not fair to hide that info. Not knowing it exists people wont use search. Would be correct not to record just the data from private shops what got with limited access and items are available at special prices just for family/clan/society members, friends there, while public shops, to my view point, should keep influencing market value. Community interests should be higher than the interests of individuals. If solved with this, I bet there wont be suggestions on to ban resellers from shop :D

Huh, peace people
/auk

. .

Last edited:
Currently, if item sold in shop it not influences market - traders(crafters) tend to exploit that feature. It's tricking community about real market and did not informs community about items sold somewhere for cheaper (even could be for cheaper than cheapest BO[buyout] in auction). Not fair to hide that info. Not knowing it exists people wont use search.
What would be neat, since the "database" behind eu has a specific entry for each and every item in game, is if there was a unique item history for each item... list all avatars that bought it, where they bought it, and at what price... might be some interesting things seen in that... We have this sort of thing in real world - in the paper you need to sign when you buy a car or a house... so why not add it in game to add a bit of "realism" - - and make the shops more popular, and the resellers have to think a bit more about what they are doing in this chess game instead of just running to shops, buying cheap, heading to twin, and scamming the first person that comes by.

it would be nice if we could have a feature to not allow some people in your shop.

A problem about providing good prices is that, some resellers keep buying too much stuff for reselling purpose instead of customers wich push a price raise obviously and eat more goodprices than customers itself at times.

such feature would be very welcomed in my eyes.

in RL u can allow people in your shop or not, i hope it could be the same here.
here u can set private shop and work out on a private list only, and this option only isnt viable anyway.

I agree with above but I would need a bigger friends list to run a private shop. Another issue to be addressed ;)

in RL u can allow people in your shop or not

In fact, in lot of countries (including france) this is not true.

You cannot deny someone to buy your stock at the indicated price (i mean this is not legal)

Here's the problem. I sell itemA in auction at 50ped but in my shop I sell it at 40ped. Reseller comes along and buys itemA for 40ped from shop and lists it for 49ped in auction.

Now I and all other real crafters now have to drop price on auction to 49ped or the reseller just keeps takiing from my shop and selling on auction. Now auction price is 49ped the reseller takes from my shop at 40ped and lists for 48ped etc.

Eventualy auction price drops to a point where people coming to shop are only saving the auction fee, and there's not much incentive for players to visit my shop. The reseller, who has no vested interest in 1 specific item market, then just moves on to another item and screws up that market.

I'm sure many of u think it's great that the auction prices drop this way, but it really leaves no reason for shops. It is currently more difficult to buy from shops than it is to buy from auction, the only thing a shop owner can compete on is price.

MA need to look into the whole system, there are things that can be done to improve shops and give people an incentive to go shopping instead of just grabbing something from auction. While I like the recent auction improvements it just makes it harder for shops to compete, and something needs to be done about it fast.

I think these shopowner/crafter's have TOO GOOD live in RL & canT see the forest from a tree
I f U wont sell for resellers than upreise Ur shop price as in the AH .. btw why much cheaper the shopprice than auction ? think before say . . . in RL U make Ur breed-clothes-vehicle etc-etc NO U go a shop & buy from a reseller a TRADEsman . if U put a item a item differnt price to a shop & AH its mean something, not ? I thougt resellers manipulateing AH prices, but as see the crafters DO ???
sell Ur items as wanna, but I hate when ppls in entropia whinning about resellers, HOW U get the indirents to Ur crafting job ? stay days at cities & yelling buy ___ ? I think most of crafter get req items from HUGE resellers, but if someone get some 1000$ ( US dollar NOT cash as some ubernub use it .., ofc lot of ppl use abbrebs bad in Eu , eu their 1st game they even played & use words what they not know)

when i started active entropia gameplay mentor said buy fruits for him/her
sitted lots hours /day in cities & saw sweaters too, when some "ihavemoneybecausemyparens rich"&giveme pocketmoney(sorry englis not my 1st lang hope understand "children salary") or a boring mid age man/woman who spare some cash for relax&fun in entropia they yelled I NOT BUY FROM RESELLER
FFS U gigi NUBS in RL U get items from primari maker, right ?? :laugh:
other games i try get items from crafter or just get from AH , btw in entropia well to get something .. enough if go to PA mall & see the "cheap outlet" shops simple pixi parts overpriced 1x peds+ /parts . . .
OFC not all trader this kind ppl but as mall owner help these ppl ( yes its a big scam) can thinking abouts things
MA finished to rent eastates/items etc , for player will be more better if will these options on but MA say we enough these "lil" decay :yay:
sometimes i will write a eposz about trade/ppls/MA entropia very interest, some "nubaristocratic ppl ( maybe not exist world (c) by Xen-G) who think they have money they can do anything ( ppls who using BOTS just because they crafters & MA donT tel they what can do for his/her money)& these ppl proudly say MA "agents" talked/tested them & they play todays too
this show MA say someting but $ say louder;)
sorry end was lil off from this post & maybe once will make a post here or a private site (wher will maxed predef:) )

& as can see i post/comment rarely cuz my engish still lil & other ppls like spin other words out,& very funny when ppls say who the heck R U, WHAT U think, U just a low rep ppl, yes repu not bad thing but not all, if someone here from begining cuz where he/she lives better it infrastructure exist not= they say true :) my favorite things when big scammers have huge reu in EF & lot of ped/shop/support ingame :) übernubs

Ban one person from your shop and he will get a friend to go in an buy what he needs.

resellers dont have friends so they cannt
but they use second avatars

(I wrote this post, accidentally closed the tab and had to rewrite it. It looked better before.)

On the other hand, IRL there isn't a magical auction available everywhere with instant delivery and low cost.

Yes there are. Almost. They might not be magical, but a lot of "goods" are traded on open auction-like markets and owner's rights change instantly, even if you might have a hard time carrying that bit of forest home with you.

The above is of course not really for consumers - but I can go online looking for a new HDD, choose from 150 models, compare prices from 20 different shops and get it delivered the next day. That's not far from magical.

The current retail situation is basically this: MA buys a yacht and sells timeshares on it (shops/malls); MA shoots itself in the foot and holes the hull in the process (expansion and improvement in auction with no real improvement on shops since inception).

Well at least MA changed the auction fee from the static 1 PED to a potentially much, much higher span of 1-100 PED.

Maybe people saw too much "potential" in shops and over-paid for them. I mean if people are serious investors, then at least they should do some number crunching beforehand so they don't have to come back after paying premium and asking for more features to improve their purchase. Still, I think MA would prefer it if the users made their own solution to their problem (a common website for promotion and display of where the good are located, with multiple investors for bandwidth and ingame ad-space for the URL - for example.)

Logically, Mindark/FPC would prefer to run the market, not be a part of it. I predict the sale of "auction licenses" within five years. (You heared it here first. ,-))

Last edited:
The above is of course not really for consumers - but I can go online looking for a new HDD, choose from 150 models, compare prices from 20 different shops and get it delivered the next day. That's not far from magical.

"Next day" and "this second" are infinitely different when talking about a game. People don't want to wait for gratification in a game--even less so than in daily life. It's a big enough difference that an instant delivery via auction buyout is going to trump a shop purchase without some pretty big incentive, and there's just not enough complexity built into the system to create that incentive.

I still maintain the EU auction as-implemented is a bad idea for building a robust and multi-tiered economy. We thought about and discussed the subject quite a lot when considering how we'd change things in implementing a planet, and the current auction was always the central problem.

Meh i would write more but it's not really on topic for this thread and most players actually don't care or want what's best for the game, they want what's best for themselves. I don't pretend to not be self-interested but i don't own a shop and don't participate in compulsive reselling so i think i'm fairly neutral on the issue from that standpoint.

Seems you can't follow simple logic.

Points of Contention…

1. It is against the law, in most civilized countries, to discriminate against people due to their race, religion, sex or …and what you wish…
2. You wish to discriminate against people that pay you money. (the logic of this escapes me)
3. You state that you wish to maintain a supply for the ‘average player’. While that sounds all wonderful and fair, the idea of you wishing to reduce your competition also seems to enter my mind.
4. You wish to have control of an item even after it leaves your ownership? Now, unless your tools and items have a copyright and are an intellectual property, your request seems that same as someone that makes hammers detailing how the hammer can be used after they sell it, and wish to retain control of what the item can be re-sold for. I’m sorry, but that does not make any sense. And that was the reason for my post to begin with. It seems that you are so caught up with what you want and desire, you give no thought to the feelings and desires of others. Again, another reason for my post. I’m not a re-seller; I make my own amps and whatever other tools I need. But, for the players that are not hunters or miners, or crafters, then the re-sellers do fill a needed notch in game.

Seoul

u really seem to have something against me :D

this is something only active shop selling hundreds K peds a month since a few years can understand.
and i only talk about people that actually sell cheaper than auction cause its true they are rare.

so anyway, u surely right, this is whining thread from the guy who got ul105 back and is asking for something so disgusting its horrible !and he wants it NOW too what a joke ! :confused:
not sure what point yr trying to make apart of seeing iam asking too much apparently and jumping on "discrimination part" just because its cool to put that on fire :0
it should be simple to understand i dont want to sell to someone that will resell since i want to keep prices low for real people using them in the shop, isnt it fair enough as a request?
i think reseller might not agree but regular shop customers, it seems it is, looking at few +rep from few ubers miners passing by often in the shop.
in the end for sure i should have done this wish thread list since long now, at least its acknowledged now.

There are a million legal ways IRL to avoid someone from accessing facilities. It's not called discrimination. A simple way to do it is by requiring to show a card of exclusivity/membership.
Or, for example, at a night club, they can bar you entrance just because of your appearance.
Usually, those that select their customers always sell all their stock/fill the quotas. So they have the luxury to impose a selection.

Of course, this argument is void if the stock you can access is ilimited :). In that case, the volume of sells talks louder.

Sorry, I disagree..

If you have a 'public' business then there are not a million 'legal' ways to avoid someone. It is just that simple in the USA. Now, for other countries, perhaps you are right.

You next talk about a card of exclusivity..then you are not talking about a public business...it's a pvt. business, the rules are different, (not really, but that is not the topic here)

Your last point, well you are right and wrong..yes clubs tend to act as if the law does not apply...SORRY...all it takes is one pissed off person to make whatever CLUB say, OPPPS, we are sorry...

But, again, that is only the USA I can speak for...the OP is from the USA, and he 'SHOULD' know all of the above.

But, just my 'opinion' he and you seem to somehow think that the RL rules do not apply here. You get upset about something and you can just 'vent' about what you wish, and if you "DON'T" live in the USA, then for the most part you may be right.

But, in the Good Old USA..the laws are clear..and lol, for the most part simple..you do the crime, you do the time.

Sure, our FHCM can vent and cry all he wishes to...(Waaaaa, I don't want anyone to make money off of what I've made...waaaaaaaaaaa...I want to be the only one to sell this 'item', no one should be able to make any money off of what I've made.."

And that is his post...just that simple...this FHCM wants his cake and will not allow anyone to have a taste..its all his..

AND YOU KNOW WHAT???

He is right "UNTIL" he offers what he has made to the Public...then, its not his choice...go figure, its called 'freedom', something now not welcome in EF for the most part.

Seoul

There are a million legal ways IRL to avoid someone from accessing facilities. It's not called discrimination. A simple way to do it is by requiring to show a card of exclusivity/membership.
Or, for example, at a night club, they can bar you entrance just because of your appearance.
Usually, those that select their customers always sell all their stock/fill the quotas. So they have the luxury to impose a selection.

Of course, this argument is void if the stock you can access is ilimited :). In that case, the volume of sells talks louder.

If you have a 'public' business then there are not a million 'legal' ways to avoide someone. It is just that simple in the USA. Now, for other countries, perhaps you are right.

You next talk about a card of exclusivity..then you are not talking about a public business...it's a pvt. business, the rules are different, (not really that is not the topic here)

The post is rather incoherent so i can't tell if you're trying to say it's harder/less legal to do that in the US or outside the US. In fact it's hard to tell if there's a political commentary or what. In any case, Sam's Club and Costco and many other businesses get away with this all the time in the US. I have no idea about the practice in other countries but it appears to be 100% legal to chose your clientele in the US based on some criterion. Whether the trick is to make it a coop arrangement so that only "shareholders" can participate is irrelevant: it can and is done.

In any case this whole argument is laughable because we're talking about a virtual universe where a single person can operate multiple avatars and race, gender, sexual preference, religion, and any other conceivable basis for discrimination besides in-game actions are moot. Arguing for "equal rights" in this context is ludicrous.

BTW it's very common to see a sign posted on businesses saying "No shoes, no shirt, no service".

Points of Contention…

1. It is against the law, in most civilized countries, to discriminate against people due to their race, religion, sex or …and what you wish…

It has been covered times and times again, but in case people actually read it at last - it is the "whatever you wish" part that is wrong here, in pretty much every country (and that includes the EU), you can in fact refuse admittance to people based on any criteria (including, but not restricted to "having been expulsed for troublemaking", "do not follow dress code", "stink", "bother other visitors to the venue", "have been arrested for being a football hooligan") as long as the criteria are not from a proscribed list of exclusions like say race.

2. You wish to discriminate against people that pay you money. (the logic of this escapes me)
3. You state that you wish to maintain a supply for the ‘average player’. While that sounds all wonderful and fair, the idea of you wishing to reduce your competition also seems to enter my mind.

The sense is entirely in not having to compete against himself, something that has again been described extensively in the thread.

If you have a 'public' business then there are not a million 'legal' ways to avoid someone. It is just that simple in the USA. Now, for other countries, perhaps you are right.

You next talk about a card of exclusivity..then you are not talking about a public business...it's a pvt. business, the rules are different, (not really, but that is not the topic here)

Your last point, well you are right and wrong..yes clubs tend to act as if the law does not apply...SORRY...all it takes is one pissed off person to make whatever CLUB say, OPPPS, we are sorry...

But, again, that is only the USA I can speak for...the OP is from the USA, and he 'SHOULD' know all of the above.

But, just my 'opinion' he and you seem to somehow think that the RL rules do not apply here. You get upset about something and you can just 'vent' about what you wish, and if you "DON'T" live in the USA, then for the most part you may be right.

But, in the Good Old USA..the laws are clear..and lol, for the most part simple..you do the crime, you do the time.

Sure, our FHCM can vent and cry all he wishes to...(Waaaaa, I don't want anyone to make money off of what I've made...waaaaaaaaaaa...I want to be the only one to sell this 'item', no one should be able to make any money off of what I've made.."

And that is his post...just that simple...this FHCM wants his cake and will not allow anyone to have a taste..its all his..

AND YOU KNOW WHAT???

He is right "UNTIL" he offers what he has made to the Public...then, its not his choice...go figure, its called 'freedom', something now not welcome in EF for the most part.

Seoul

You seem to confusing public and private space. Just because a business is open to the public, doesn't mean it's considered public space. As long as said business is located on private property those business owners are entitled to the same rights and considerations as you and I over how others use our property. They are allowed rules, as long as those rules are fair, and reasonable.

Shoplifting or causing a disturbance are 2 very common reasons to bar an individual. Yes in the USA as well. ;) A simple restraining order is all that's required to make it legal.

Bars ban people every day.

Obviously you are correct that barring someone for race, religion, sex etc is a rights voilation...but there are also plenty of cases where it's quite legal. If you voilate the rules of an establishment, and those rules are deemed fair and reasonable, you can indeed be banned for violating them. That's where courts come in of course, deciding what's "fair and reasonable." :D

And yes, even in the good ole USA. ;)

You seem to confusing public and private space. Just because a business is open to the public, doesn't mean it's considered public space. As long as said business is located on private property those business owners are entitled to the same rights and considerations as you and I over how others use our property. They are allowed rules, as long as those rules are fair, and reasonable.

Shoplifting or causing a disturbance are 2 very common reasons to bar an individual. Yes in the USA as well. ;) A simple restraining order is all that's required to make it legal.

Obviously you are correct that barring someone for race, religion, sex etc is a rights voilation...but there are also plenty of cases where it's quite legal. If you voilate the rules of an establishment, and those rules are deemed fair and reasonable, you can indeed be banned for violating them. That's where courts come in of course, deciding what's "fair and reasonable." :D

in your eyes ...Shoplifting or causing truble is egual with buying lots of stuff?..i mean how stupid you must be to ban a guy who want to buy more from you? looool...some people are extraordinary. Why is your problem if a guy buy 20 chickens from city and gos to a cave and sell them for duble price?

i dont get this...my brain is just pure and simple stoped when i see stupid people like that...and you can be offenced:p:yay:

in your eyes ...Shoplifting or causing truble is egual with buying lots of stuff?..i mean how stupid you must be to ban a guy who want to buy more from you? looool...some people are extraordinary. Why is your problem if a guy buy 20 chickens from city and gos to a cave and sell them for duble price?

i dont get this...my brain is just pure and simple stoped when i see stupid people like that...and you can be offenced:p:yay:

I was simply commenting on Seoul saying that in the USA you cannot be banned from a shop.

As to Squall's idea...I know why he would like it. I don't blame him a bit. He's not the first crafter to bring it up.

I also don't think it will happen...so buying from shops will remain mostly useless because of higher than auction prices to keep the resellers away. ;). Best way will continue to be buying direct from the crafter 1 on 1.

Oh and for the record, Squall is one of the fairest guys i've ever dealt with for my amps. But thanks for airing your personal vendetta for us all. ;)

Last edited:
I was simply commenting on Soul saying that in the USA you cannot be banned from a shop.

As to Squall's idea...I know why he would like it. I don't blame him a bit. He's not the first crafter to bring it up.

I also don't think it will happen...so buying from shops will remain mostly useless because of higher than auction prices to keep the resellers away. ;). Best way will continue to be buying direct from the crafter 1 on 1.

sorry for my bad words then

Points of Contention…

4. You wish to have control of an item even after it leaves your ownership? Now, unless your tools and items have a copyright and are an intellectual property, your request seems that same as someone that makes hammers detailing how the hammer can be used after they sell it, and wish to retain control of what the item can be re-sold for. I’m sorry, but that does not make any sense. And that was the reason for my post to begin with. It seems that you are so caught up with what you want and desire, you give no thought to the feelings and desires of others. Again, another reason for my post. I’m not a re-seller; I make my own amps and whatever other tools I need. But, for the players that are not hunters or miners, or crafters, then the re-sellers do fill a needed notch in game.

Seoul

to quote someone before :

funny thing is i confirmed to squall that a shop can refuse sale or access to any person they see fit. the reason i said so is because i run a shop irl and i will bar YOU if u piss me off (ie steal, cause a ruckus, insult my staff or anything else i see fit). also i still notice drunk assholes getting barred from my local pub, i know card counters get barred from casinos (except in AC) and night clubs often have "dress codes" and therefore refuse entry. for example my local casino requires a dinner jacket and no sneakers for male clients. alot of night clubs also have the no sneaker policy yet it doesnt apply for girls (discrimination? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubert Zymp View Post
lol nice advertisement for your shop, I have to visit some day

Now that recurring story of resellers who buy in a shop to resell sounds like an urban legend (...)

Ah, someone bought most of the Korss H400 this late afternoon, so ok, that kind of jackass reselling is indeed possible - I am just wondering for what profit.

And yep, throwing dirt at the trade when you sell stuff yourself, it's pretty funny indeed.
About France and the law, no, you have to sell unless of course the person is rocking your shop.
Here it is: http://sos-net.eu.org/conso/code/infodat1q.htm
link says to refuse to sell to a person u must have a legitimate reason, it defines them as such:
Quote:
De manière générale, le motif est considéré comme légitime en cas d'anormalité de la demande du consommateur (par exemple, demander 500 boites de petits pois ou quelques centilitres d'essence) ou de mauvaise foi de sa part (intention de nuire à l'activité du professionnel).
rough translation: generally, the reason is considered legitimate if the consumer makes a abnormal demand (such as 500 cans of peas or a few cl. of petrol) or bad faith on his part (the intention to hinder the retailers activity).
(let me know if i made a mistake, just translated on the fly.)

the interesting part is where it says the intention to hinder the retailers activities. when a reseller buys all of his shit in his shop, to then sell on auction or somewhere else, he is hindering his ability to sell by (a) cleaning out the shop when he cannot restock it, (b) by providing competition on the auction which also competes with his shop, (c) virtually all retailers also use the auction, so they are providing a means for someone else to compete with themselves (which is retarded to say the least), and (d) the reseller is killing his concept (which seems to be cheap shit for ppl who use it).

it doesnt sound difficult to code in as everything is already in place, maybe just add a button with that function in the estate terminal.

if u read this maybe the logic would have make sense to why such thing is asked in the first place, or at least some new features in shop (since u also said i have no logic in yr -rep).

i have been living it since a long time, and i did good like that, but isnt it a bit retarded when u are providing a service for customers and u get reseller cleaning shop making competitions with my products kinda next to the shop ?
show me a shop irl working that way.
show me a shop trying to provide best price around for real products user, happy to sell cheaper to some guy in bulk, so that this guy can sell his stuff next to him instead of himself and his workers for a cheaper price.

in the end it is competitions and just like irl its bad especially since shops have also little to good features and improvements since a long time :

the interesting part is where it says the intention to hinder the retailers activities. when a reseller buys all of his shit in his shop, to then sell on auction or somewhere else, he is hindering his ability to sell by (a) cleaning out the shop when he cannot restock it, (b) by providing competition on the auction which also competes with his shop, (c) virtually all retailers also use the auction, so they are providing a means for someone else to compete with themselves (which is retarded to say the least), and (d) the reseller is killing his concept (which seems to be cheap shit for ppl who use it).

so iam not actually asking for much,a limit of item bought a day by x person, having choice to have unlimited friend list to add all customers and set it private,
whatever could be welcome to at least avoid those days reseller empty totally a X item and customers being mad about seeing shop empty the whole point of the thread.
u talk about discrimination about resellers giving a help to provide competitions wich doesnt change a shit apart of actually not helping real crafters to sell their products more..ofc if i provide good prices and shop get striked at times u can see how it can be harder for the crafters trying to provide decent prices.
u already compet with real crafter, and life isnt easy as a crafter u know so if u work hard to set up a shop, that its been years its up, and u see that happening too much, well yea, u either should stop selling or putting price very close to what it sells on auction as exemple..
wich is then no point having a shop about anyway.

but yea the best would be to not provide good prices, that way resellers will make much more anyway and prices will be much better for all everywhere :confused:

at least i feel good now having made this thread even so no changes will most likely ever happen.

ps:im sure u understood the basic logic of this quote made by zylex wich have some sense to what i just said i try to think.

I so agree.

I really enjoy going to shops and finding good deals for items I use, Amps mostly., But guns at times to.

there are quite a few shop owners, big crafters who tend to price nice, or when they had a good run share with the costumers.

Its a shame then that resellers stalk the shops just to relist on auction..

Its like taking a gift and selling it.. Not done imo..

Ah well

A better way would be to be able to hire shop workers that can refill your shop when yourself are away, or some kind of "auto refill" from a stock storage contected to the shop.

resellers and/or zombie auction have 0 skills avatar , hey can easly create a new one each time , don't think you can find a way

Or a new rules IG :

something bought in a shop or auction can t be sell another time (or put a cool down period, for exemple 15 days):scratch2:

Very Funny Post..

visited your shop for the first time today...have never been there before.

And you know what all of the items you offer are for OVER Auction MU?

Sorry, am I missing something?

Talk about a whining post..

Seoul...:lolup::lolup::lolup:

it would be nice if we could have a feature to not allow some people in your shop.

A problem about providing good prices is that, some resellers keep buying too much stuff for reselling purpose instead of customers wich push a price raise obviously and eat more goodprices than customers itself at times.

such feature would be very welcomed in my eyes.

in RL u can allow people in your shop or not, i hope it could be the same here.
here u can set private shop and work out on a private list only, and this option only isnt viable anyway.

Last edited:
LoL, 'Incoherent'?

OK..

I'll put it in simple words that you can understand...guess English is not your first language...

1. He wants to maintain control over stuff he sells...Simple, he sold it, another person owns it. Why should he have control over something he sold?

2. Banning. Sorry, he wants to ban people that pay him money? Why, perhaps they are doing just what he says, buying low and selling high? (Sorry, went to his shop for the first time today and all he sells is over the MU on Auction???) So, don't know why he is crying?

Is that simple enough?

Seoul:lolup::lolup::lolup:

The post is rather incoherent so i can't tell if you're trying to say it's harder/less legal to do that in the US or outside the US. In fact it's hard to tell if there's a political commentary or what. In any case, Sam's Club and Costco and many other businesses get away with this all the time in the US. I have no idea about the practice in other countries but it appears to be 100% legal to chose your clientele in the US based on some criterion. Whether the trick is to make it a coop arrangement so that only "shareholders" can participate is irrelevant: it can and is done.

In any case this whole argument is laughable because we're talking about a virtual universe where a single person can operate multiple avatars and race, gender, sexual preference, religion, and any other conceivable basis for discrimination besides in-game actions are moot. Arguing for "equal rights" in this context is ludicrous.

BTW it's very common to see a sign posted on businesses saying "No shoes, no shirt, no service".

Last edited:
No, not confusing anything??

My house is a private place, my shop is a public place? By your logic, then if I don't like people from Korea, then I can say get out of my shop, after all my shop is located on 'private property'. Sorry, you miss the boat here, your house is private, but, if you 'serve the public' then you can not deny service due to race, color, religion, and several other things..at least not, in the USA. So, again, seems you are the one 'confused'

Just one point...'shop lifting'??? Dude, people, according to him, are buying the stuff? Where does the shop lifting come in?

OK..

I'll put it in simple words that you can understand...guess English is not your first language...

Can't do anything but laugh at that comment; sorry. Your earnest rants are entertaining, but not exactly shining examples of coherence or grammatical finesse.

1. He wants to maintain control over stuff he sells...Simple, he sold it, another person owns it. Why should he have control over something he sold?

No, he wants to restrict who he sells it to. It's a very different thing and is what i was talking about in that post. I've never said anything about controlling use of a purchased good--that was in other posts.

2. Banning. Sorry, he wants to ban people that pay him money? Why, perhaps they are doing just what he says, buying low and selling high? (Sorry, went to his shop for the first time today and all he sells is over the MU on Auction???) So, don't know why he is crying?

Is that simple enough?

That really doesn't seem to be addressed at anything i wrote so your confrontational spin is rather strange. Again, he's asking to have control over whom he does business with. It's a fairly reasonable request, a fairly normal practice irl, and most of the people that seem to really oppose the idea are the ones making a profit from the practice he's trying to shut down.

As for the prices in his shop, i have no idea. I've never been inside as i don't mine.

PS There's a little button in the lower right corner of each post with a "+" on it. That lets you quote multiple posts in a single reply so you don't have to spam.

And if you die, everything you own has no meaning to you anymore, because you can't use it. So why stay in this material life and do nothing than waiting for the end of your existence - go better than others - free yourself of all material meanings and you live full freedom! I can help you and take the burden of all your belongings to me... o_O No more money, so you can't lose it anymore - the end of all your fears... and no things in your life, no belongings - no one can destroy them, burn them, steal them - I take your burden and you are free...

I don't get it. They pay you what you ask for it in your shop, so obviously it is/was a price you are willing to sell it for.

So people actually buy your stuff and they paid what you wanted. Terrible isn't it? :laugh:

My house is a private place, my shop is a public place? By your logic, then if I don't like people from Korea, then I can say get out of my shop, after all my shop is located on 'private property'. Sorry, you miss the boat here, your house is private, but, if you 'serve the public' then you can not deny service due to race, color, religion, and several other things..at least not, in the USA. So, again, seems you are the one 'confused'

Just one point...'shop lifting'??? Dude, people, according to him, are buying the stuff? Where does the shop lifting come in?

Wow, talk about obtuse....:laugh: The shop lifting comment had to do with your comment that people in the US can not be banned from a shop under any circumstances. Shoplifting was just 1 reason as an example. As I also said in the next post it wasn't applicable to Squall's situation.
Also, if you'd have actually bothered to read you'd have noticed I agreed that you can't be banned for race, religion, sex etc.

There are still situations where you can be banned whether you acknowledge it or not. ;) But since you obviously don't know you should check. ;) As Doer correctly pointed out it's done every single day in the USA....and elsewhere.

Edit: Actually, after re-reading much of what's above, it's pretty apparent Seoul only "see's" the parts he wants to and ingnores the rest. Even when it rightly points out in many places how wrong he is. So it's trolling for the sake of trolling.

*unsubscribed.

Last edited:
Back